2 2
Phil1111

Boris outdoes trump

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Bokdrol said:

I'm hoping that you got the sarcasm in my France 'warzone' statement

No, because some brexiters I know actually say it with a straight face - they were actually predicting the collapse of the EU by next year because of a few "yellow jacket" protests in France.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Actually it does -  it just shows your ignorance of international law. That's why they've been having so many problems stopping them - because they're not doing ANYTHING illegal.

It's legal to row to the UK and claim asylum.

The Government, however, IS actually trying to break international law, and they even admit it.

and here's me thinking that you should claim asylum in the first safe country you entered, not pick and choose from a menu of 'safe' options. Silly me - thanks for the lesson/s O Wise one - you and pub quiz Captain must be real fun over a drink or two ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bokdrol said:

and here's me thinking

Well it doesn't really matter what you think, does it? 

Ever try getting out of a speeding offence saying "and here's me thinking it was legal to go 40mph on this section with a 20mph limit, it was completely empty!"

10 minutes ago, Bokdrol said:

Silly me - thanks for the lesson/s O Wise one - you and pub quiz Captain must be real fun over a drink or two ....

Oh no, but my entire self-worth is based on whether I'm "real fun over a drink or two"! You've really hurt my feelings now :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Ever try getting out of a speeding offence saying "and here's me thinking it was legal to go 40mph on this section with a 20mph limit, it was completely empty!"

I'm intrigued - do tell how you managed it so I can try it if I'm ever dumb enough to do the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

The greatest threat to the UK comes not from overprivileged ex public shooolboys in office, it comes from 'New' Labour, which is these days simply a badly patched version of the Tories.

If Labour are bad because they are like the Tories, why are the Tories better?

1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

Lead by a limp-wristed millionaire Knight of the Realm and his harpy deputy,

Keir Starmer earned his money. He was born to a normal family, went to state school and worked for everything he now has. BoJo was born into several branches of European nobility and had his education and lifestyle handed down to him. Like his chancellor who met a billionaire in college and married into a life of unfathomable luxury.
 

Is that really the best you’ve got? Honestly? At be you think you’re making a point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

If you REALLY need to ask this question, then you clearly wouldn't understand the explanation.

So you’ve got nothing. You have no idea what you’re talking about and can’t explain a thing.

You really did believe the NHS battle bus slogan, didn’t you? I understand it must have hurt to be let down so badly, I just can’t fathom why the people you’re angry at aren’t the ones who did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jakee said:

the ones who did it.

I wonder who did it then?

From an article today about waiting times at A&E:

Quote

Rachel Harrison, GMB national officer, said ambulance workers had faced “more than a decade of cuts”. She said: “It’s no wonder they are leaving in droves while the service itself is teetering on the brink of collapse. The explosion in demand is due to savage cuts to essential services since 2010.

“Cuts to preventive and community care result in higher demand on emergency services, including in mental health. This means that patients are entering the system later and with more complex symptoms. Some people also used hospital care less during the pandemic and didn’t get essential treatment, and this has led to significant pent-up demand that is falling on ambulance workers.

Hmm...who's been cutting services since 2010? who? "illegal immigrants"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, olofscience said:

I wonder who did it then?

From an article today about waiting times at A&E:

Hmm...who's been cutting services since 2010? who? "illegal immigrants"?

Well of course. Just look at who Boris has around him - Sunak the billionaire WAG who never bothered to disclose that he was making tax decisions which would directly affect his in-laws massive fortune. Chief lounge lizard Rees-Mogg, who thinks he’s protecting taxpayer’s money by forcing civil servants to stop working from home but refuses to release any information regarding enormous, fraudulent Covid PPE contracts to Tory cronies. Drax, who’s never made a penny in his life that wasn’t interest on his family’s slave trade fortune but thinks that a windfall tax on oil company profits is red meat for socialists at the expense of honest productive rich people.

 

Obviously they would all be queueing up to throw money at the ambulance service if it wasn’t for those damn immigrants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this will be my final post on this issue - anyone can see where I have my sympathies and there are no apologies for my opinions, right or wrong (although I have been told  'it doesn't matter what I think' in one post.....hahaha). The main posters, who I have nicknamed 'Brains',  'Pub Quiz Captain' and 'Nause'  (select whichever one suits you, guys) are IMHO, symptomatic of the lefty, snowflake, apologist malaise which affects much of Europe these days. A lot of the stuff posted sort of reminds me of the liberal 'journalist' who was having a pop at a Tory politician saying that he didn't know what it was like to have to flee a country only to be told that his family had fled the holocaust...opening mouths to change feet lol. It's best to research your target before pulling the trigger. So that's all folks - sayonara - if we ever meet at a UK DZ I'm sure we'll all be best mates and share jump and a beer - at least I will be happy to do so. 

Here endeth my rant - don't expect any further responses!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bokdrol said:

From your flag you are a Canadian....check my initial post......

The one where you say comments from outsiders can go to Rwanda? Too bad, it's a very international forum. Multicultural like England and Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bokdrol said:

The main posters, who I have nicknamed 'Brains',  'Pub Quiz Captain' and 'Nause'  (select whichever one suits you, guys) are IMHO, symptomatic of the lefty, snowflake, apologist malaise which affects much of Europe these days.

Yeah, of course that’s what you think. 
 

Well, you just keep on supporting the social care cutting, un-earned wealth protecting Tories just as long as they deport a few brown people. I’m sure that’ll help your veteran mates get access to help and housing. Yeah, that’ll be coming any day now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bokdrol said:

 . . .  saying that he didn't know what it was like to have to flee a country only to be told that his family had fled the holocaust...opening mouths to change feet lol.

Might I suggest that, if you feel that that's an example of a great 'own', that perhaps not supporting the sort of people who started the Holocaust (which was based on demonizing a group of people as inferior and lazy parasites who "feed off a host nation") would be wise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, olofscience said:

So instead of actual responses to our arguments, you just resort to name-calling :rofl: 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bye!

Ignoring Bokdrol, is it not a reasonable thought that anyone fleeing oppression or danger shouldn't be doing so with a best case scenario masterplan? The idea is to get somewhere safe not somewhere with a better social net or minimum wage, seems to me. In the US we have migrants leaving disruptive situations in central America and then passing through Mexico to get here. Why shouldn't their asylum pied-à-terre be Mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
10 hours ago, billvon said:

Might I suggest that, if you feel that that's an example of a great 'own', that perhaps not supporting the sort of people who started the Holocaust (which was based on demonizing a group of people as inferior and lazy parasites who "feed off a host nation") would be wise.

Going to break my 'no reply' rule on this one because it probably get's the cigar in a series of replies that have been fired at me over this thread. At least the Brit boys are anti-Tory and I'm not anti-Tory, that much is clear. A lot of the vitriol coming my way has been over simple UK Government policy, which they clearly don't agree with and which I back. I can accept that.  But to make a 'suggestion'  like this one is beyond belief. The biggest single threat to World peace at the moment is being prosecuted by a modern day 'Hitler'. He's the type of person who will start another holocaust. One of Ukraine's biggest supporters in the struggle against this tyrant is 'little' Great Britain. Legal refugees come to this country and are welcomed with open arms, not only by the Government, but also by the local people. In our village of 2000 we have 3 Ukrainian families being sheltered. A large percentage of our population are descended from those who fled the Holocaust and quite a few of those are and have been in our Government/s.  You might 'suggest' but you most certainly may not 'suggest' ...anything. Please don't preach to me.  

Edited by Bokdrol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Ignoring Bokdrol, is it not a reasonable thought that anyone fleeing oppression or danger shouldn't be doing so with a best case scenario masterplan? The idea is to get somewhere safe not somewhere with a better social net or minimum wage, seems to me. In the US we have migrants leaving disruptive situations in central America and then passing through Mexico to get here. Why shouldn't their asylum pied-à-terre be Mexico?

Since I'm not a refugee, I can't really answer this question. You'll have to find one and ask them.

But what I know is the law, and the main point is they aren't doing anything illegal. No amount of name-calling will change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bokdrol said:

One of Ukraine's biggest supporters in the struggle against this tyrant is 'little' Great Britain. Legal refugees come to this country and are welcomed with open arms, not only by the Government, but also by the local people.

You mean those freeloading Ukrainian refugees who’ve just passed through all of Europe to get here?

Hmm, I wonder why you think they’re ok but others aren’t. What could possibly be the difference?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, billvon said:

Might I suggest that, if you feel that that's an example of a great 'own'

It's not even that...as per his anecdote the Tory said "his family fled the holocaust". Unless he was alive at the time, and it's quite unlikely, then it still stands that he DOESN'T know what it's like to flee.

It's like saying "I have a black friend so I know what it's like to be black".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
4 minutes ago, jakee said:

You mean those freeloading Ukrainian refugees who’ve just passed through all of Europe to get here?

Hmm, I wonder why you think they’re ok but others aren’t. What could possibly be the difference?

Another post by you that is actually so dumb it doesn't warrant a reply - shit, there goes my 'no further replies' promise - my bad lolll,  but to answer - they'll go back home once the dust settles - and they're OK with that - just speak to some of them firsthand rather than getting your info from the Daily Mail or Twitter.

Edited by Bokdrol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

It's not even that...as per his anecdote the Tory said "his family fled the holocaust". Unless he was alive at the time, and it's quite unlikely, then it still stands that he DOESN'T know what it's like to flee.

It's like saying "I have a black friend so I know what it's like to be black".

You don't give up, do you? Believe me, if your family fled persecution, it's passed down the line so you DO know about it.  And try to stop bringing black and brown into the conversation - you'll be throwing the R word at me next despite the fact that my father in law was Jewish and my wife's maternal ancestors were classified as people of colour in good old apartheid South Africa. Really now,  no more comments from me despite how hard you might wind my clock. Enjoy your week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bokdrol said:

Stumpy - let me guess.... 'challenged'? Don't vent your angst at me kiwi

No angst here - you are the one who can't help himself from responding. You clearly subsist on a diet of right wing UK media nonsense and haven't quite yet realised you are the mark in the BoJo con.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bokdrol said:

you'll be throwing the R word at me next despite the fact that my father in law was Jewish and my wife's maternal ancestors were classified as people of colour in good old apartheid South Africa.

Translation: "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" :rofl:

Wait, I volunteered to translate the highly technical reasons why homelessness in the UK was directly caused by taking in asylum seekers, not thinly veiled dog whistles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2