stratostar

Citizens for quiet skies

theonlyski

******There are tracking programs for home computers. It shows altitude, speed, tail number.

This information is only available when the aircraft in question is using air traffic services or when under ATC control. An aircraft out sightseeing or just exercising the privilege of flight will NOT show up on FlightAware or similar.

Jon

Edit to add... When ADSB becomes mandatory more of the aircraft will be "trackable" but still not all. There will be a number of aircraft flying outside or under where ADSB is required who will not show up.

I track plenty of GA planes with ADS-B out capability. Not that I expect to see many JUMP planes getting upgraded till 2019. :D

Most jump planes at a larger DZ operate under a letter of agreement with ATC. They get a set beacon code and show up on the trackers on every flight.

One mans Noise
is another mans Music..;)
I LOVE the sound of aircraft...
BUT such a sound 24/7,,, and inescapable... might get tedious.....
... and SO that's why i wouldn't BUY a house adjacent to an airport, But might stop and park my car nearby to a runway.... to take in " a song or two "....:)If people Don't investigate the proximity to ANYthing they'd consider "a disturbance" , prior to BUYING a Home,,,,,,then they only have Themselves to Blame :o:S AND maybe the real estate agent,,,,,,who SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!:|

jimmytavino

One mans Noise
... and SO that's why i wouldn't BUY a house adjacent to an airport, But might stop and park my car nearby to a runway.... to take in " a song or two "....:)If people Don't investigate the proximity to ANYthing they'd consider "a disturbance" , prior to BUYING a Home,,,,,,then they only have Themselves to Blame :o:S AND maybe the real estate agent,,,,,,who SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!:|

One more time: Kim Gibbs does not live near the airport.
She live six miles away.
She thinks that *any* a/c, *anywhere* in the sky, that she can hear is an intrusion.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***One mans Noise

One more time: Kim Gibbs does not live near the airport.
She live six miles away.
She thinks that *any* a/c, *anywhere* in the sky, that she can hear is an intrusion.

When we first moved to Texas we bought a home 12 miles from Bush Intercontinental...the noise was there but not intrusive or overwhelming.

Then they decided to build another runway which greatly increased traffic over the top of the house...

We moved. :ph34r:

The only aircraft noise now is every Saturday the neighbor buzzes his house with a Pitts...like music to MY ears!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm 3 miles from Rocky Mtn Regional, which is a hell of a lot busier than Longmont.
- Lots of bizjets.
- In fire season there may be slurry bombers as frequent as every 15 minutes.
- Occasionally F-18's operate out of there, (no idea why).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

2.5 nm from Nashville Intl, Directly in the Approach/Departure of 13/31, Most planes are around 500 to 1500, we don't even hear them! Meaning, we are so accustomed to them coming over, that we don't even flinch when they come over, AND, my land is next to a railroad track, again, doesn't bother us in the least! Just sayin!

Just wait till the batshit crazy, front range bitch reads this....

The solution is that some of the private companies stationed at the airport contract with separate snow removal companies. For the rest of the shared space — some of the runways and taxiways — in 2010 the city contracted with Mile-Hi Airport Services, a company that is also owned by the owners of Mile-Hi Skydiving.

Under that contract, the city pays Mile-Hi Airport Services $60 an hour to remove snow when it's preventing the airport from functioning. Mile-Hi Airport Services is also contracted at $60 an hour to mow some parts of the airport and public works facility lawn and sweep debris from the taxiways and runways. Since the contract was first signed in 2010, it has been renewed the maximum number of four times annually, and the service will be bid out to prospective snow removal companies at the end of April this year.

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_27367454/snow-new-fences-cause-headaches-at-longmonts-vance
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

skyjumpenfool

***Just wait till the batshit crazy, front range bitch reads this....

Maybe "Kimmy" wants to bid on that snow removal contract? She seems to have plenty of spare time on her hands.
B|

She can melt the damn snow herself with all the hot air in her.

:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, this is interesting.

http://www.timescall.com/ci_27533223/longmonts-vance-brand-municipal-airport-labeling-some-complaints

Some complaints are labelled as "invalid."

And someone doesn't like that.

Guess who?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Kim looks kind of hot!
http://www.timescall.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=6603721

Maybe she just needs a steamy affair with a skydiver to bring her around to our way of thinking. Volunteers?

TomWatson

Kim looks kind of hot!
http://www.timescall.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=6603721

Maybe she just needs a steamy affair with a skydiver to bring her around to our way of thinking. Volunteers?

She may be hot, but somewhere... somebody's sick of her shit. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yea that is all I need, an obsessive/compulsive loon stalking me. To be honest I have dated the craziest women in my town but she puts all of them to shame. But hey you know what they say crazy in the head, crazy in bed. I would suggest a young buck who has never had crazy for this type of assignment.
On another note I really enjoy all of their rambling on the studies that have been done, calling them illegal and skewed. So first they don't believe that federal trumps local on airport policies and now they don't believe in science or proper statistical analysis. Special kind of crazy. Anybody know where to find a donor list for the city council members. I would bet CQS or Kim Gibbs has donated to Jeff moores. He seems to have a very special agenda

TomWatson

Kim looks kind of hot!

Give me a weekend with her. I'll bring her around. Not worried about the crazy. ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

kuai43

Kim looks kind of hot!

Give me a weekend with her. I'll bring her around. Not worried about the crazy. ;)

That is without a doubt, a Bunny Boiler.:S