stratostar

Citizens for quiet skies

chuckakers

If the plaintiff is the organization and any paid damages stay within the organization it would not be personal gain.

The lawsuit has two plaintiffs, CQS and Kim Gibbs. The attorney also said the plaintiffs who are other members of CQS. I understand that if the monies stay within the organization it would not be personal gain. I think that's the reason she was named a second plaintiff so that she could receive a settlement as well as a settlement for CQS. In essence she has already benefitted financially, she admitted on her fb that she didn't have the money to bring the lawsuit and from the donations now she does. Im not trying to start any arguments just want this woman stopped.

Edjglass920

If the plaintiff is the organization and any paid damages stay within the organization it would not be personal gain.

The lawsuit has two plaintiffs, CQS and Kim Gibbs. The attorney also said the plaintiffs who are other members of CQS. I understand that if the monies stay within the organization it would not be personal gain. I think that's the reason she was named a second plaintiff so that she could receive a settlement as well as a settlement for CQS. In essence she has already benefitted financially, she admitted on her fb that she didn't have the money to bring the lawsuit and from the donations now she does. Im not trying to start any arguments just want this woman stopped.

I have to assume there isn't a more skydiver friendly airport within a reasonable distance. If so, I'd bag it and go where we're wanted.

The problem with groups like CQS is that they will never stop. Even if you beat them in court they will just find other ways to get at you or will file additional lawsuits with different claims from different angles.

Anyone know why the jumpers aren't allowed to land on the airport? Seems strange that the complaint is supposed to be about noise, yet the city now restricts jumping by denying access to a skydiver landing area - something that has nothing to do with noise issues.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers

Anyone know why the jumpers aren't allowed to land on the airport? Seems strange that the complaint is supposed to be about noise, yet the city now restricts jumping by denying access to a skydiver landing area - something that has nothing to do with noise issues.

No room? That looks like a pretty densely-packed airport property.

https://goo.gl/maps/7NJkb
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

https://goo.gl/maps/7NJkb

Ouch.

I would be looking for alternatives.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers wrote:

Anyone know why the jumpers aren't allowed to land on the airport?

There is more then enough compliant areas on that field, for some licensed and TDM's, students would be really tight. It's my understanding they were told no they couldn't land on that federal funded airport because of the sailplanes and UL traffic and they choose to go off airport to be nice and accommodating to the other airport users. Now the county is going to be forcing the business owner and the City of Boulder into a tight spot... I think in the near future there will an airport access case with lawyers involved, I base that on research, not just what I think. If they win and I'm sure they can with enough $$$, then Kim Gibbs can bitch all she likes about the noise and there won't be shit she can do about it, nor the county denial of landing on an airport as a land use issue.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

stratostar

chuckakers wrote:

Anyone know why the jumpers aren't allowed to land on the airport?

***No room? That looks like a pretty densely-packed airport property.

There is more then enough compliant areas on that field, for some licensed and TDM's, students would be really tight. It's my understanding they were told no they couldn't land on that federal funded airport because of the sailplanes and UL traffic and they choose to go off airport to be nice and accommodating to the other airport users. Now the county is going to be forcing the business owner and the City of Boulder into a tight spot... I think in the near future there will an airport access case with lawyers involved, I base that on research, not just what I think. If they win and I'm sure they can with enough $$$, then Kim Gibbs can bitch all she likes about the noise and there won't be shit she can do about it, nor the county denial of landing on an airport as a land use issue.

I wonder why Kim is not BLITHERING about ROTAX engines on the Ultra-lights... or the tow aircraft for the sailplanes...

Because she first got her panties in a wad over mile high's operation and couldn't get her way with that fight. She then took to going after Independence. Why?

Well look at image one, Mile hi to Gibbs house is about 6.2 miles, image two shows that the Independence LZ is .6 miles from her house, image three shows the Boulder Muni airport is 3.5 miles away.

The question you asked was:

I wonder why Kim is not BLITHERING about ROTAX engines on the Ultra-lights... or the tow aircraft for the sailplanes..

Having lived there, I can tell you that those tow planes stay right over the top and long the front range where the lift is and they hardly ever would fly out 3.5 miles over her house, same with most of the UL's. She couldn't win doing shit to mile hi so she got more pissed off about that MH plane and then must have noticed Independence landing .6 mile away and with her hard on for shutting down mile high not a winning deal she went after the little guy in a 182.

Think about most 182 op's by the time they fly up and out 3.5 miles east of the airport how high up do you think that JP is? I bet pretty high, 3k or more at least.... The only reason she knew it was a jump plane in flight was the meat bombs coming out of it. So her house faces the west, that means her backyard faces the east and if you note in the fourth images that red line runs to the Independent LZ, that means little bitchy lady looks out her back door .6 miles away she might see a canopy landing... and seeing how she is so pissed off at not shutting down MH or getting them to meet her demands, it's like salt in a fresh wound every time she sees a parachute landing, let alone that 182 flying over head @ 10K making noise.

What would be funny to see is and airport access case filed and won and then ATC forcing the jump plane to fly a box pattern much like MH does and that it places that box out over her house for the climb, you know, to keep them from climbing the same area where the sail planes are riding the ridge lift of the front range.

She can't get mile high then she will get some one....

I'll get you my pretties!

No it's a great idea, let her piss off more of the local aviation community, that will rally them all to band together.

With till she finds out that she will have to get a N number for her broom, then she really be pissed off.

I would introduce myself to the neighbors with the pool next door and find out if they have teenagers. Then say they have won a huge "outdoor use" stereo to rock the pool parties all Summer long. Maybe throw in a bunch of songs on the MP3 player!

Wonder what songs we could come up with to preload the system?

Jump more, post less!

topdocker

I would introduce myself to the neighbors with the pool next door and find out if they have teenagers. Then say they have won a huge "outdoor use" stereo to rock the pool parties all Summer long. Maybe throw in a bunch of songs on the MP3 player!

Dubstep. The system is pre-loaded with 15 gigabytes of dubstep.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

topdocker

Do I see a large field behind her house???

I wonder how a motocross track would work out there.

SubChapter VI - Exemptions
25.08.530 Sounds exempt at all times

A. The following sounds are exempt from the provisions of this chapter at all times: 1. Sounds originating from aircraft in flight, and sounds that originate at airports and are directly related to flight operations; .....

Don't know if this is relevant there but the above portion of a noise ordinance in Seattle might have some kind of corresponding rule in Colorado?... Bringing suit about aircraft noise might bring in the City/County et al, as defendants perhaps. It might help to get those government lawyers working against Gibbs and company?.

FlyingRhenquest

***I would introduce myself to the neighbors with the pool next door and find out if they have teenagers. Then say they have won a huge "outdoor use" stereo to rock the pool parties all Summer long. Maybe throw in a bunch of songs on the MP3 player!

I thought it was 5 minutes worth looped infinitely?:S:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

I thought it was 5 minutes worth looped infinitely?:S:D

Heh heh. Funnily enough I like the dubstep. I'm kind of pissed off right now because the beater Honda I've been driving for the better part of a month has an electrical system problem that requires me to shut off the battery when it's parked. This has triggered the stereo's anti-theft system and I can't be bothered to reactivate it every time I start the car.

Once I can get the Z past the end of my driveway, I can play my tunes in the car again and resume my search for a girl like me! ;)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Wonder what songs we could come up with to preload the system

Well...might I suggest:

Anything heavy metal!

Anything Hendrix

Some selected stuff from Blood Sweat & Tears and/or Tower of Power when the Brass Sections are showcased and belitng out the dB's

Jefferson Airplane/Starship and ANYTHING Grace Slick is singing.

Country Joe and the Fish - Particularly "The Fish Cheer From Woodstock!"

Sex Pistols - Lyrics for obscene effect.
The Tubes - White Punks on Dope

Steppenwolf

Rolling Stones - Just to remind her she couldn't make a dead man...

Very powerful speakers with sound levels capable of busting windows and minor structural damage.

My 25 cents and a cup of coffee's worth.

Amazon

***I would introduce myself to the neighbors with the pool next door and find out if they have teenagers. Then say they have won a huge "outdoor use" stereo to rock the pool parties all Summer long. Maybe throw in a bunch of songs on the MP3 player!

Do I see a large field behind her house???

I wonder how a motocross track would work out there.

Hi AJ

Actually had that happen to one of my own Mcnastys, but the owner of the property was a member of Mcnastys coalition,

Mcnasty had been baby sitting for the property owners kids, so that only happened twice[:/] They must have worked it out in the spitit of cooperation.

Unless the nice lady you all are talking owns the vacant property behind her house, no telling what her neighbors will be like.:)
One Jump Wonder

http://www.bouldercounty.org/doc/government/ordnoise.pdf

Boulder county noise law exceptions section g
Exceptions.
The provisions of Sections 1.01.030, 1.01.040 and 1.01.050 of this ordinance shall not apply to:
A. The use of property for purposes of conducting speed or endurance events involving motor or other vehicles, but such exception is effective only during the specific period of time within which such use of property is authorized by the political subdivision or governmental agency having lawful jurisdiction to authorize such use.
B. The use of property for the purpose of manufacturing, maintaining, or grooming machine-made snow.
C. The use of property by the state, or any political subdivision of the state, or any of their lessees, licensees, or permittees, for the purpose of promoting, producing, or holding cultural, entertainment, athletic, or patriotic events, including, but not limited to, concerts, music festivals, and fireworks displays.
D. Property used for manufacturing, industrial, or commercial business purposes
E. Public utilities regulated pursuant to Title 40, C.R.S.
F. Oil and gas production subject to the provisions of Article 60 of Title 34, C.R.S.
G. Operation of aircraft or other activities which are subject to federal law with respect to noise control.
H. Any authorized emergency vehicle, when responding to an emergency call or acting in time of emergency.
I. The sound made by animals.
J. The sound made by the sounding of the horn of any vehicle as a danger warning signal or by the sounding of any burglar, fire, personal safety or other warning device.
K. Activities conducted pursuant to a special use permit issued by the county, unless noise is not addressed by the special use permit

Edjglass920

http://www.bouldercounty.org/doc/government/ordnoise.pdf

Boulder county noise law exceptions section g
Exceptions.
The provisions of Sections 1.01.030, 1.01.040 and 1.01.050 of this ordinance shall not apply to:
A. The use of property for purposes of conducting speed or endurance events involving motor or other vehicles, but such exception is effective only during the specific period of time within which such use of property is authorized by the political subdivision or governmental agency having lawful jurisdiction to authorize such use.
B. The use of property for the purpose of manufacturing, maintaining, or grooming machine-made snow.
C. The use of property by the state, or any political subdivision of the state, or any of their lessees, licensees, or permittees, for the purpose of promoting, producing, or holding cultural, entertainment, athletic, or patriotic events, including, but not limited to, concerts, music festivals, and fireworks displays.
D. Property used for manufacturing, industrial, or commercial business purposes
E. Public utilities regulated pursuant to Title 40, C.R.S.
F. Oil and gas production subject to the provisions of Article 60 of Title 34, C.R.S.
G. Operation of aircraft or other activities which are subject to federal law with respect to noise control.
H. Any authorized emergency vehicle, when responding to an emergency call or acting in time of emergency.
I. The sound made by animals.
J. The sound made by the sounding of the horn of any vehicle as a danger warning signal or by the sounding of any burglar, fire, personal safety or other warning device.
K. Activities conducted pursuant to a special use permit issued by the county, unless noise is not addressed by the special use permit

Seems to me, G exempts it.

So, the county is not following its own rules? Or did they find some other reason to not allow people to land canopies on private property?

Jump more, post less!