swooper71

USPA National Directors Lying about jump numbers....

Trafficdiver

***>If a person has claimed they do 1200-1400 jumps a season in the northeast
>while only jumping half the year and only jumping on the weekends in the
>jumpable months....is that feasible?

Yes. If I had kept up the weekend schedule I had for one of my 8-way teams (and done that every weekend) I would have 1200 jumps after 6 months.

Every weekend is not possible to jump in the Northeast for 6 months a year. Unfortunately.

True, but the season is longer than 6 months. Even in Wisconsin, I've jumped March through November.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

True, but the season is longer than 6 months. Even in Wisconsin, I've jumped March through November.

Some find a way to jump all year round. Also, Just because we only see them on the weekend, doesn't mean they're not jumping.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

What's more pathetic is that the name used to register this burner account has the same name as the person who sent out an "anonymous" email about a National Director last year. They didn't cover their tracks too well; I guess they don't know about IP tracing, or Spokeo, Knowem, etc. B|

The sad part of the pathos is that one or more of the persons running the smear campaign wants to be on the BOD next fall. B|

DSE

What's more pathetic is that the name used to register this burner account has the same name as the person who sent out an "anonymous" email about a National Director last year. They didn't cover their tracks too well; I guess they don't know about IP tracing, or Spokeo, Knowem, etc. B|

The sad part of the pathos is that one or more of the persons running the smear campaign wants to be on the BOD next fall. B|

Sounds about right. Psst. Did you hear that Swooper71 gave a goat herpes!! He caught it from his buddy's sheep one pen over! SCANDAL

DSE

But equally, where does your responsibility lie?

If you know someone doing this is running for office, shouldn't you be making THEIR name known and posting your evidence rather than being cryptic yourself?

Doing it this way, you're just part of the problem.

yoink

***What's more pathetic is that the name used to register this burner account has the same name as the person who sent out an "anonymous" email about a National Director last year. They didn't cover their tracks too well; I guess they don't know about IP tracing, or Spokeo, Knowem, etc. B|

But equally, where does your responsibility lie?

If you know someone doing this is running for office, shouldn't you be making THEIR name known and posting your evidence rather than being cryptic yourself?

Doing it this way, you're just part of the problem.

I agree. Those that know, are obligated to report it so that general members of the USPA who vote, are at least informed prior to voting. Since there is no election close, they're not currently "running" (although they've indicated they're considering a run in the next election). When they announce that they're running, then the information has relevance. Until, then, it's just something that makes one go "hmmmmm..."

riggerrob

...... But I do know of quite a few people who stopped logging at about 200 jumps for reasons I don't understand.

.........................................................................................
If 200 jumps is enough to start jumping a wing-suit or start jump off bridges, the incentive to log more jumps disappears.

There is that D license and tandem rating out there that require 500 jumps. ;)

I still log mine. I don't write much about them, might put 9-10 jumps on one line, but I still log 'em. :)

JohnMitchell

There is that D license and tandem rating out there that require 500 jumps. ;)

I still log mine. I don't write much about them, might put 9-10 jumps on one line, but I still log 'em. :)

I tend to regard people who don't log (or track via an electronic device or some other method of measurement) at all but claim to have a really good handle on their jump numbers with some level of skepticism. I find that if I try to guesstimate my own I'm often way off; I feel like if you're not doing some sort of regular tracking, the tendency to inflate is a natural one even if there's no intent to deceive.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

After 5000, I got lazy.
It's just numbers. :P

I loosely log, I keep track of what type jump and the number.
Maybe if it's a special demo or something I will make more notes or have a VIP or celebrity sign it for me.

I am letting my medical slide, so no more meat bags.
Back to the fun stuff, back to more logging.
B|