swooper71

USPA National Directors Lying about jump numbers....

As one of our national directors are in the spotlight someone has taken a deeper look into them.

How would you feel if they were lying about their jump numbers to make themselves seem like that have much more experience then they actually do?

Should anything be done about this if it can and will be proven? (Which there is proof)

Oooh, the partisan cable news way of making accusations!

1) Vague assertion
2) Loaded question
3) Implied "proof"

"I'm just asking questions here!"

Imma grab my popcorn, too. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

swooper71

Should anything be done about this if it can and will be proven? (Which there is proof)

What is this "proof"?

Considering the background and history of some of the BOD members (current and former), inflated jump numbers really isn't that big of a deal.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Unless it is a spouse that has been with them since they started jumping how the hell could anyone say they have proof. Did they steal the said person log book and track their location for each and every entry? Maybe they penciled in a few jumps early on to meet some special jump requirement and never corrected it and their accomplice is now coming forwards? Serious lets here exactly what your implying instead of implying nefarious deeds

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

wolfriverjoe

What is this "proof"?

Considering the background and history of some of the BOD members (current and former), inflated jump numbers really isn't that big of a deal.

^^^
This, and the likely-to-intensify mud-slinging to get one BOD member off the board and get another person on, orchestrated from within the system.
Sad that there are those so desperate to get on the board would start the season with this sort of smear campaign, so that they can get elected in the fall.

I kinda thought we were above this sort of behavior.

DSE

I kinda thought we were above this sort of behavior.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You're funny.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

pchapman

Maybe someone only has hundreds of jumps of experience swooping the spectator area, not thousands.

...Wait, I think I'm getting my threads mixed up...:P

There needs to be a "like" button.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

At my dz, where there are a significant number of jumpers with 10k plus jumps, as far as I am aware, all are logged (there is a signing in sheet each day where jump numbers are listed..it can be somewhat humbling when the first 2 people signing in have more than 35k jumps between them). But I do know of quite a few people who stopped logging at about 200 jumps for reasons I don't understand.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

...... But I do know of quite a few people who stopped logging at about 200 jumps for reasons I don't understand.

.........................................................................................
If 200 jumps is enough to start jumping a wing-suit or start jump off bridges, the incentive to log more jumps disappears.

swooper71

If a person has claimed they do 1200-1400 jumps a season in the northeast while only jumping half the year and only jumping on the weekends in the jumpable months....is that feasible?

Thats a fair question and the answer is no. The most jumps I have seen a full time TI at any of the busiest turbine DZ's in the northeast make is 800. Though a much more likely number would be around 300 to 400.

swooper71

If a person has claimed they do 1200-1400 jumps a season in the northeast while only jumping half the year and only jumping on the weekends in the jumpable months....is that feasible?

Let's be generous and say that the prime tandem season is 8 months.

That's 240 days, so 1200 jumps would be 5 jumps per day, every day, not accounting for bad weather. If the weather was unsuitable for 10% of those days, reducing jump days to 216, then he would need 5.5 jumps per day. No days off, ever. Do-able, by unlikely.

If he jumped only on weekends, then 8 months would be 32 weekends, or 64 jump days. He would need 18 jumps per day, every weekend day, no days off or hours off for bad weather or rest. Not do-able!

It's rare but possible. Not sure who the person is, but at Crosskeys it was not uncommon for TIs and video guys to log 1000 jumps in 6 months. It was not uncommon to do 200 jumps a month, 18-22 per day on a good weekend was a norm. I was there all the time, and many instructors logged and would tell you the exact number every week/month.
That was when the dz was very busy, 3-5 years ago, it has slowed down since for various reasons (mostly plane issues one season). I don't think other dzs in the area were close on jumps per TI/video at the time, including the Ranch, SDLI, Sussex, STL...

swooper71

As one of our national directors are in the spotlight someone has taken a deeper look into them.

In the interest of full disclosure (of which you're obviously a proponent), do you have any connection to anyone thinking of running for a board position later this year?

Do you have any history with the alleged person themselves?

I have as many issues with cowardly accusations and political bullshit as I do inflated jump numbers...

>If a person has claimed they do 1200-1400 jumps a season in the northeast
>while only jumping half the year and only jumping on the weekends in the
>jumpable months....is that feasible?

Yes. If I had kept up the weekend schedule I had for one of my 8-way teams (and done that every weekend) I would have 1200 jumps after 6 months.

billvon

>If a person has claimed they do 1200-1400 jumps a season in the northeast
>while only jumping half the year and only jumping on the weekends in the
>jumpable months....is that feasible?

Yes. If I had kept up the weekend schedule I had for one of my 8-way teams (and done that every weekend) I would have 1200 jumps after 6 months.

Every weekend is not possible to jump in the Northeast for 6 months a year. Unfortunately.