2 2
Colm

Labrador, CA

15 hours ago, TomAiello said:

If it's the right season, would the ice be frozen?  That would make a much nicer landing area.

Dear Tom,

You are thinking along the lines of Brandywine Falls on the road up to Whistler. B.C. It falls 66 meters (200 feet) into a deeply incised, back-cut stream channel. Brandywine looks like a miniature version of Niagara Falls complete with jagged rocks and fast-flowing water, so Vancouver-area BASE jumpers simply visit it during the winter months when the landing area is frozen over.

I am sure there are another hundred similar waterfalls and cliffs up the coast, but few of them have road access and many would need a lumber barge floated in to provide a dry landing area.

Now B.C. BASE jumpers just need the assistance of a bored helicopter pilot to scout out all those cliffs.

Surely a "shoulder-season" kind of place.  I think that is Saglek Fjord.  There is a primitive airport near the coastal bay, but not much else.  The fjords were still ice-covered but not consistently so.

Having had a little more time to googleearth it now, I'm no longer as encouraged for sheer exits.  Though the Torngat mountains are quite beautiful.