3 3
brenthutch

Coal, the comeback kid?

2 hours ago, metalslug said:

Partial blackouts/brownouts now impacting parts of Australia, a country with some of the largest energy resources under their feet and this (below) is an indication of the emerging electorate in a country that contributes 1% to global emissions. I look forward to seeing this person protesting at the Chinese embassy ("wait.. what?"). 

KimCarson.jpg

I couldn't find an original of that tweet or any reference to Kim Carson, which makes me wonder which of the following is true:

- Somebody legitimately believes that slowing coal burning in one part of the world will result in never having brush fires again

- Somebody on the right made this up to demonstrate how stupid the 'Greenie libtards' are and you ate it up without the slightest bit of critical thinking.

11 minutes ago, lippy said:

I couldn't find an original of that tweet or any reference to Kim Carson, which makes me wonder which of the following is true:

- Somebody legitimately believes that slowing coal burning in one part of the world will result in never having brush fires again

- Somebody on the right made this up to demonstrate how stupid the 'Greenie libtards' are and you ate it up without the slightest bit of critical thinking.

I'll spare you a "Let me Google it for you", it's  here . About 3 posts down. I had first thought it was satire myself, it got 11 'laughs',  but checking the comments and the poster's rebuttals seems to confirm they were laughing at the post, not with it.  A curious use of your word 'libtards' though. Up until recently in Australia, the center-right Prime Minister was leader of the Liberal Party. 

1 hour ago, metalslug said:

I'll spare you a "Let me Google it for you", it's  here . About 3 posts down. I had first thought it was satire myself, it got 11 'laughs',  but checking the comments and the poster's rebuttals seems to confirm they were laughing at the post, not with it.  A curious use of your word 'libtards' though. Up until recently in Australia, the center-right Prime Minister was leader of the Liberal Party. 

Yeah, it's an anonymous FB profile so it's gotta be legit.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:02 AM, billvon said:

State with the most coal power: Indiana 

State that just released imminent blackout warnings: Indiana 

https://www.wdrb.com/news/a-southern-indiana-utility-warns-rolling-blackouts-possible-during-heat-wave-this-week/article_d0685dc2-ea5a-11ec-b136-bf494758e46c.html 

Coal: The comeback blackout kid.

Indiana might have blackouts, California does have blackouts. In fact the are more folks who suffer from repeated blackouts in California than there are People in Indiana.

https://www.bloomenergy.com/bloom-energy-outage-map/

13 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Coal is sequestered solar energy from the carboniferous period, where out of control flora almost suffocated all living things, by lowering Co2 levels to around 100ppm...

Not even one percent of it could ever be extracted as all areas that were out of the ocean and not desert during the carboniferous period, have a coal seam.

Every climate scientist first learned about photosynthesis and the carbon cycle, they understand that we are all carbon based life forms, that carbon is the molecule of life and Co2 is the gas of life...

They merely acquiesced with the subsequent BS in order to remain relevant and to maintain their career choice through coercion and peer pressure and end up failing themselves, their families and their entire species for their entire careers, because everyone else in the industry does also.

Natural Variability has been well quantified but not one of the climate grifters will ever quantify it themselves by repeating the same science, though they are certain that we are deviating from what we should normally be experiencing. 

This is not science, it is a cult.

Science is not broken, Academia is.

Coal is awesome, it lifted us from poverty and sent us into population reduction in the western sphere.

Eugenicists would prefer to get to slaughter people than allow them to be lifted from poverty  though.

So we end up here... 

MAGA 2024 will rectify this, make gas $1 again and all that... in the meantime we get to see where everyone stands in life once and for all, and those that put us into this position through their willful ignorance... Well they be metaphorically slaughtered in the renaissance. well some will actually be... but that is another story.

There is nothing scientific about the reduction of coal usage, it is 100% to put to world into energy poverty, and the perpetrators are in the process of being caught...

Good Lord what a brilliant piece of writing. Nothing there I could even begin to dispute. You are a genius and very stable too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Indiana might have blackouts, California does have blackouts. In fact the are more folks who suffer from repeated blackouts in California than there are People in Indiana.

https://www.bloomenergy.com/bloom-energy-outage-map/

And yet Indiana cut the percentage of electricity generated from coal from 90% to around 40%, with plans to drop it further. Even they understand it is better to leave coal behind.

1 hour ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Coal is awesome, it  . . . sent us into population reduction in the western sphere.

COAL IS GENOCIDE!  Burn enough of it and the fossil fuel barons will "population reduce" us out of existence!

1 minute ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

The clot shots are the population reduction vehicle, the reduction in coal is merely to make the economies weak enough and the people desperate enough, that they merely acquiesce.

So in your mind, coal (a technology that kills thousands of Americans a year) is deserving of worship, and vaccines (a technology that have saved tens of millions of Americans) are evil.

I am glad you're not in charge of anything.

2 hours ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

The bit where Coal is sequestered solar energy from the carboniferous period, and is the only reason we get to live the high standard that we do...

One needs coal to make steel you see, and solar panels and windmills and all the nice things we all want...

Those that believe coal is the bane of existence, are in fact the bane of existence...

Yes Captain obvious. The industrial revolution was powered by coal. That does not mean we cannot reduce our reliance on coal  as we can and will do

19 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

The modern world is all run on coal, that is why China and India are building hundreds of coal power plants, while self loathing nihilists in the west shut them down...and ruin their economies, just to make people poor, so they no longer have the capacity to care about anything other than survival...

Median wealth per adult in North America is approx. $83,000, in China it is approx. $26,000, and in India is approx. $3,000. So China and India are the modern world where the population is thriving and North America is where the population is struggling due to the reduction in coal?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

making energy expensive, makes people poor...

Really? Let's take a look at the top 12 countries by median wealth per adult:

1. Luxembourg
  2. Australia
  3. Iceland
  4. Belgium
  5. Hong Kong
  6. New Zealand
  7. Denmark
  8. Switzerland
  9. Netherlands
  10. France
  11. United Kingdom
  12. Canada

All those countries are indeed known for having such cheap energy.

Edited by SkyDekker

1 minute ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

New Zealand has the capacity to have 80% hydro electric... it was constructed with public funds, and was to provide cheap abundant energy... the moment the infrastructure was completed, the banks recalled debt from previous wars and then the facilities were privately owned, along with the Socialized communications infrastructure the energy and communications charges were compartmentalized and New Zealand is now in deep energy poverty.

Regardless how haw polished the turd looks in the international media.

So you list is theatre.

Ah, when facts don't agree with your ramblings you just dismiss them. I am so surprised. Didn't you equate it to Stockholm Syndrome when you discard facts to hold on to lunacy conspiracy theories?

20 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

$10 a gallon gas anyone?

UK has that, and has higher median wealth per adult than the US.

Pretty much all countries that have higher median wealth per adult than the US have higher gasoline and diesel costs than the US, they pretty much all have higher energy costs all around. You can dismiss that all as "theatre" whatever that means, but the facts remain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Pretty much all countries that have higher median wealth per adult than the US have higher gasoline and diesel costs than the US, they pretty much all have higher energy costs all around. You can dismiss that all as "theatre" whatever that means, but the facts remain.

Hi Sky,

That is the trouble with facts; they are so factual.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

It’s not the cost, it is the delta.  Other economies have already adjusted to higher petroleum costs. The US will as well but not without a lot pain (which will largely be suffered by the Democrats this fall)

10 hours ago, billvon said:

How is anyone still alive there, then?  And how did Biden raise their prices, too?

You have to remember that Biden is senile.

AND an evil genius.

So he's so smart and powerful that he controls the prices of commodities all over the world.

He just forgot which country he was trying to destroy.
(we really need a 'sarcasm' font)

13 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It’s not the cost, it is the delta.  Other economies have already adjusted to higher petroleum costs.

That isn't the argument that was presented (and you liked). It was that expensive energy makes people poor. Lots of countries with higher median wealth and much higher energy costs. The premise is bullshit, but it is a nice soundbite.

And I agree that the Republicans will win big in the mid-terms. You have frequently demonstrated why.