WorldWarIII

Help: Can't buy beer!

So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

My first tandem, I didn't tip my instructor since I'm doing this on a pretty bare bones budget until I graduate AFF. However, the least I can do is buy a pizza for the staff and whoever else is hanging around. Thoughts? If these guys and gals are going to be watching out for me for the next 3 months, they deserve something in return.
"Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

A couple of gallons of vanilla ice cream, a case of root beer, a package of red plastic cups and some matching plastic spoons.

Instructions.... Put a scoop of Ice Cream into a red plastic cup, fill to brim with Root Beer and serve with a plastic spoon. Hand one to each person you see while exclaiming, "I just made a Fu@&ing skydive!!!!!"

That is all....... B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I may be perpetually broke, but I can probably manage some ice cream sundays! I like it!

And I'll see if I can memorize beer protocol before I move on to the next stage. That is, unless it's already covered in the curriculum.
"Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Thanks! You know, reviewing the footage from my first tandem, a red solo cup made it's exit right before my instructor and I. Must be some kind of symbolism there.

I took a large pan of brownies (yes normal) to the DZ and gave them to the staff about 10-11 AM. Someone commented, "This is better than beer because we can have it now". A busy staff might not have time to eat during the day. A good snack is often very welcome.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

WorldWarIII

So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

My first tandem, I didn't tip my instructor since I'm doing this on a pretty bare bones budget until I graduate AFF. However, the least I can do is buy a pizza for the staff and whoever else is hanging around. Thoughts? If these guys and gals are going to be watching out for me for the next 3 months, they deserve something in return.

Flip another jumper some cash. They'll gladly buy the beer for you - as long as you buy enough for them too. ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Well, I ended up getting 2 cases of root beer. Dropped one off at manifest first thing in the morning. Left the other in the packing area. Needless to say just about every other jumper had one in their hand by noon on a busy Sunday.

I'm thinking brownies or cookies next week.

chuckakers

***So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

Flip another jumper some cash. They'll gladly buy the beer for you - as long as you buy enough for them too. ;)

Aha! Suborning a criminal act!

I've simplified the whole list of beer rules to only one.

#1. Bring more than you drink.

If everyone would abide by this simple rule, our only beer related problem would be where to store all the stuff!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Andy9o8

******So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

I didn't say the underage guy gets to drink any of it. Hell, it's not for him anyway!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers

*********So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

I didn't say the underage guy gets to drink any of it. Hell, it's not for him anyway!

The underage dude flipping another jumper some cash to buy beer is legally delinquent, too, for both parties, regardless of who consumes the evil confection.
Gosh, you're digging yourself in deep. I suppose you'd encourage them to play pool and dance, too. Or even jump off things in national parks.

Andy9o8

************So, I begin my Tandem/AFF training tomorrow morning, and I'd really like to treat the DZ to something good. I can't buy beer for another 3 months (missing all of my "firsts" haha), but I'm looking for alternatives.

The underage dude flipping another jumper some cash to buy beer is legally delinquent, too, for both parties, regardless of who consumes the evil confection.
Gosh, you're digging yourself in deep. I suppose you'd encourage them to play pool and dance, too. Or even jump off things in national parks.

Underage jumper: "Here Mr. legal-age jumper. Please accept this gift of 30 bucks just for being such a cool guy".

Legal-age jumper: "Why thank you, underage jumper. I think I will spend this generous gift buying beer for my legal-age friends."

Underage jumper: "Wow, you really are a cool guy."

Legal-age jumper: "Thanks, kid. Wanna join me on a trip to Yosemite?"
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

JohnnyMarko

Back when I started jumping, I was only 18 with no fake...you should have seen the laughter I got when I handed a $20 to a jumping buddy/friend who was a cop :$:$

Back when I started jumping, I was only 18 with no fake... Uhmmm? Back when I started jumping the legal drinking age was 18.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skyjumpenfool

***Back when I started jumping, I was only 18 with no fake...you should have seen the laughter I got when I handed a $20 to a jumping buddy/friend who was a cop :$:$

Back when I started jumping, I was only 18 with no fake... Uhmmm? Back when I started jumping the legal drinking age was 18.

What he said. :D:D

Andy9o8

******Back when I started jumping, I was only 18 with no fake...you should have seen the laughter I got when I handed a $20 to a jumping buddy/friend who was a cop :$:$

What he said. :D:D

Buncha old fucks