1 1
brenthutch

Biden’s war on fossil fuel and gas price timeline

12 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Oh pleeeeease. Both you and airdvr are concerned about the poor. At the same time! I think I'm having an aneurysm.

I'm more concerned about a POTUS whose supports policies that make petroleum more expensive during an economic upheaval.

19 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Not exactly.

"Naturalists advise against feeding moose because the moose will see all people as a food source and attack anyone who doesn't feed them. 
I think I found my new hobby."

The reasons from biologists is that animals will view people as food sources. Then habituate roads where they can be struck and killed. Teach their young to expect food from people. Leading to their mortality from hunters when they leave the protection of the park. When they lose the sense that people are also predators. Also become aggressive when food is not forthcoming. By breaking into cars, tents, cabins, etc.

Once people leave in the fall they just naturally disperse looking for new food sources. For bird feeders. A danger can be transmission of diseases from an unnatural density of birds. Or other animals that would normally not congregate.

On the positive side there are the cases where stupid people walk up to grizzly bears to feed them. Then get eaten. Walk up to wild lions to feed them. Same outcome.

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm more concerned about a POTUS whose supports policies that make petroleum more expensive during an economic upheaval.

THANKS, I was worried that both of you were concerned about the poor all of a sudden!

23 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngRecessions just bring on some good deals off the backs of the poor. Right Brent?

I always get a kick out of watching this cycle.

Gas prices up: "Look at Biden's WAR ON OIL!  He never thinks about how this will hurt the poor of this country.  Won't someone please think of the poor?  What about their starving children and the poor elderly on a fixed income?"

Rick Scott announces plan to increase taxes on the poor: "Well, I guess that's a good reason to not be poor anymore, eh?  Hooray for incentives for the poor to improve themselves!"

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

I always get a kick out of watching this cycle.

Gas prices up: "Look at Biden's WAR ON OIL!  He never thinks about how this will hurt the poor of this country.  Won't someone please think of the poor?  What about their starving children and the poor elderly on a fixed income?"

Rick Scott announces plan to increase taxes on the poor: "Well, I guess that's a good reason to not be poor anymore, eh?  Hooray for incentives for the poor to improve themselves!"

They would certainly never think about how high gas prices in the 80% of developed countries. Where prices are higher than in the US. Affects the poor in those countries.

Wait, there are less poor people in those countries. Where gas prices are higher than the US. Because they use those taxes for social programs to help the poor. Oh well. At least they will have midterms. To vote on climate change, gas and guns.

If those poor people would just work harder. Get an education, stop smoking weed, drinking, having 10 kids, ......

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Be honest - the economic upheaval bit is moot - you'd have to actually care about poor people for that to be a problem. You just want your cheap gas and don't give a shit about the environment OR the poor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They stop finding other sources of food and go to the people.

When tourist season ends, the 'people food' ends too. 
Without other sources of food, the animals then starve.

No. The problem with them going to people is that they start attacking people and then the people demand they get shot.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Above US household debt to GDP is at historic highs. At least GOP members and supporters came out on top with $$$ in the bank.

Recessions just bring on some good deals off the backs of the poor. Right Brent?

Is that $2 trillion attributed to trump? Or to President Biden?

Neither it was COVID. 90%+ did not loose their job during the pandemic so they were still earning money but couldn’t spend it because of the shutdowns. There was no need for the Democrats money party to dump another two trillion on an economy that was already quickly rebounding.  That along with Biden’s war on fossil fuel has given us the inflation we haven’t seen in a generation.

Edited by brenthutch

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Neither it was COVID. 90%+ did not loose their job during the pandemic so they were still earning money but couldn’t spend it because of the shutdowns. There was no need for the Democrats money party to dump another two trillion on an economy that was already quickly rebounding.  That along with Biden’s war on fossil fuel has given us the inflation we haven’t seen in a generation.

Brent! you're going to get a stroke with all that mental gymnastics. Overall US consumer debt is $2 trillion higher than at the last US recession. You said that (some) consumers had $2 trillion in the bank. So that means Americans that don't have money are $4 trillion deeper in debt.

The walls must be high in your gated community.

spacer.png

Just now, brenthutch said:

Most covid deaths have occurred under the Biden administration 

Yup, just like Trump was the first post-war president who had employment fall during his presidency and during his presidency the unemployment number soared to a 80 year high.

21 hours ago, airdvr said:

.  I have a full sized pickup, 2 boats, and a Z/28.  I'm not complaining.  I can afford it.  I'm extremely blessed to be able to have these things

17 minutes ago, kallend said:

Sad that you can't afford a private plane or two.

I've got a boat too:content: It has better fuel economy than all of your boats and planes put together.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, kallend said:

Sad that you can't afford a private plane or two.

Hehe...myocardial infarction 2010.  I was told I couldn't get a private license. 

And...all of my stuff still doesn't equal enough to buy a plane.

26 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Hehe...myocardial infarction 2010.  I was told I couldn't get a private license. 

And...all of my stuff still doesn't equal enough to buy a plane.

Light Sport A/C are very capable. But they still cost $. IMO if you live in Fla. you have to question your sanity if you don't own a boat or two.