1 1
brenthutch

Biden’s war on fossil fuel and gas price timeline

https://barr.house.gov/_cache/files/1/7/17ec008b-f7ea-49e6-b614-ea9b4dd12d6f/16871653E745FF6D04D065F4E6DE8623.a-promise-kept-biden-s-war-on-energy-final-002-.pdf

For those who are having trouble understanding the pain at the pump and the high price of anything that gets transported by truck, ship, rail or air.

Edited by brenthutch

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I guess that means you're happy that poor people can't afford to drive their ICE vehicles.

And that I hate America!  And don't forget that that ALSO means that I am happy when kittens are killed.  It's the only logical conclusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

And that I hate America!  And don't forget that that ALSO means that I am happy when kittens are killed.  It's the only logical conclusion.

You don't seem to have a problem with the meat of Brent's post.

Inflation really sucks; I was a young adult for the late 70’s and early 80’s. I was able to adjust my lifestyle, but I didn’t have a family or health problems. That said, Keystone didn’t cause this. The increased consumption of gasoline caused this. If you’ll recall, there was a very noticeable decrease in greenhouse gas emissions during the first year of the pandemic. That decrease is closely related to a decrease in the consumption of fossil fuels — their consumption causes a huge proportion of emissions.

Wendy P. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Inflation really sucks; I was a young adult for the late 70’s and early 80’s. I was able to adjust my lifestyle, but I didn’t have a family or health problems. That said, Keystone didn’t cause this. The increased consumption of gasoline caused this. 

No, the CANCELLATION of the Keystone and other actions that restricted/discouraged supply were responsible for the failure of supply to meet demand when it resumed to pre-pandemic levels.

Edited by brenthutch

47 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, the CANCELLATION of the Keystone and other actions that restricted/discouraged supply were responsible for the failure of supply to meet demand when it resumed to pre-pandemic levels.

OK, please tell us just how much oil would be delivered daily today to US refineries if Keystone XL was not cancelled.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

You don't seem to have a problem with the meat of Brent's post.

I don't really take anything Brent posts seriously.  It's like getting mad at the Facebook posts that talk about the pedophile libtards who hate America.

• Like 2

(edited)
7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

OK, please tell us just how much oil would be delivered daily today to US refineries if Keystone XL was not cancelled.

830,000 barrels per day.  But Keystone is only a small part of Biden’s war on fossil fuel. It is the assault on all fronts that have given us record fuel prices.
But isn’t $6.00 diesel what the lefties wanted?  To force us off of fossil fuels?  I’m sure as I type this truckers from across the country are swapping their diesel rigs for a Tesla Semi right now, heralding in a new green utopia.

Edited by brenthutch

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

830,000 barrels per day.  But Keystone is only a small part of Biden’s war on fossil fuel. It is the assault on all fronts that have given us record fuel prices.
But isn’t $6.00 diesel what the lefties wanted?  To force us off of fossil fuels?  I’m sure as I type this truckers from across the country are swapping their diesel rigs for a Tesla Semi right now, heralding in a new green utopia.

How? Only 90 miles of 1200 were built when Biden cancelled the project. If what I read is true, completion was years away. That would mean that 0 barrels would be delivered today.

All of you are missing the mark on this one.  Gas prices like this will kill an economy.  I get that they want us to use more EVs but the below average income won't afford a new EV and the used ones are just now hitting the market in numbers that could have any effect.

Pretty bold moves when less than 1% of vehicles in the US are electric.

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Gas prices like this will kill an economy. 

That is hyperbole. The economy is adapting and will be fine. The reason prices are so high is the fallout of the war and the Covid recovery. It has absolutely nothing to do with Keystone or Biden.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

All of you are missing the mark on this one.  Gas prices like this will kill an economy.  I get that they want us to use more EVs but the below average income won't afford a new EV and the used ones are just now hitting the market in numbers that could have any effect.

Pretty bold moves when less than 1% of vehicles in the US are electric.

Except that right now gas prices are high all over the planet. We're lower than nearly everyone else, just way higher than we want to be. I don't think the government is pushing gas prices higher to encourage electric cars. They might not be suppressing them as much as they could (maybe declare a moratorium on state gasoline taxes? Boy that'd piss off a lot of states, and the people who drive on those roads etc.

Wendy P.

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Yes, they might.  A great way to reduce gas prices is to reduce demand.  EV's will do that.

Re: "below average income people can't afford them."  The average new gas car is $47,000, indicating that a very large number of Americans can afford that.  You can get a new EV for below $20K after incentives, or $27K without incentives.  That tells me most Americans who buy new cars actually can afford them.

But a lot of Americans buy used cars.  The average used car price is $28,000, indicating that even those buyers can afford new EV's if they want them.  However, a better choice would probably be a used EV for $10K or so,

Now, that doesn't mean everyone should run out and buy an EV.  They won't work for some people (the semi-mythical traveling salesman who drives 1000 miles every day and can't spend an extra hour charging.)  EV's are in such high demand that that's impossible anyway.  But if we can get (say) half of the US driving them in ten years, then we reduce gas demand (and prices) reduce the amount of CO2 we emit, AND will be able to export a huge amount of oil.  Sounds like a win/win.

13 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Gas prices like this will kill an economy. 

That's not true in any way.

However, if it stops you guys using such ridiculous vehicles and moves you more in line with the rest of the world, then its a win win.

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

That's not true in any way.

However, if it stops you guys using such ridiculous vehicles and moves you more in line with the rest of the world, then its a win win.

But freedom! Freedom without responsibility or respect is assholeness.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://barr.house.gov/_cache/files/1/7/17ec008b-f7ea-49e6-b614-ea9b4dd12d6f/16871653E745FF6D04D065F4E6DE8623.a-promise-kept-biden-s-war-on-energy-final-002-.pdf

For those who are having trouble understanding the pain at the pump and the high price of anything that gets transported by truck, ship, rail or air.

Maybe instead of active shooter drills they should have causation and correlation drills in American schools.