3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

If someone asked me that now? No of course not. But I have now known enough people who have gone through horrible shit like this to understand that if it happens to you, you don't have any choice in the matter, and you probably don't even realise what is happening. It's got nothing to do with being weak, or cowardly, or any of those other words that are used to stigmatise people with mental health issues. It's an illness, to do with brain chemistry.

People suffering from depression can't "cheer up" or "snap out of it". If you have never been down that road you can't understand what it's like.

The thing that has changed over the last probably 20 years or so, is that we are beginning to understand how commonplace this is.

Yes positively I agree with all of this that you just wrote 100% 

and as I stated I was more or less referencing the act which I don’t think anyone can disagree is pretty crazy and inexcusable.

What you wrote is what I believe it comes down to in the end, what drives the individual to carry out the horrific act(s). It is why I stated that the object used to carry out the act(s) in the midst of the trauma does not in and of itself have everything to do with what’s going on. 

Edited by porpoishead

24 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

What you wrote is what I believe it comes down to in the end, what drives the individual to carry out the horrific act(s). It is why I stated that the object used to carry out the act(s) in the midst of the trauma does not in and of itself have everything to do with what’s going on. 

Nothing? Are you sure there isn't something about having a firearm in their hand that will cause a weak person to lose their ability to reason?

3 hours ago, porpoishead said:

That’s correct I don’t care what you think about anything.

I have not used your name to talk some bullshit if you could extend the same courtesy that would be splendid 

Hi Alex,

Since all I know of you is from your posting here; that is what the old saying about people living in glass houses, etc.

Try some courtesy on here and see how it goes; for a change.

Jerry Baumchen

This is Speaker's Corner; it gets hot here. If you find yourself getting hot, take a cooler. If you want to turn up the heat, come out with arguments blazing, or really get someone to cry uncle, maybe take a cooler (this is Speaker's Corner, after all). And needling is just tacky  

We're not anti-gun, we're not pro-gun, as a website. We are pro following the no personal attacks rules. Yelling is just fine, but understand that people will probably think less of you for it, and some of them will probably call you out for it. As people, we’re all over the map, and that’s OK 

The words aren't always the best-chosen, but neither are mine. Live with it, and pretend your feisty aunt is listening to the conversation.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Going on nothing more than BV's postings, he & I are nothing alike.  Other than being white males.

I knew the guy, and I can say without a doubt he and I were nothing alike, it is why I stated what I did but it did not satisfy some folks.

like if say i’m not Chinese. I know what I am and am not. I knew billy I am not like billy. In any way.

The rest Jerry are things that got out of control with the wild accusations and politics and everything else. I certainly do not intend to attack or disrespect anyone yourself included.

When I said I was leaving the thread it seemed that we agreed on some things maybe not so much on others, and I figured that was all I had to offer. Only to come back to see it went straight to politics which in my opinion has nothing to do with nothing.

Also attacks and slander towards the United States of America. I’m proud to be an American, I’m not going to apologize to anyone for being an American. I certainly never came on here and starting trash talking anyones country.

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Alex,

Since all I know of you is from your posting here; that is what the old saying about people living in glass houses, etc.

Try some courtesy on here and see how it goes; for a change.

Jerry Baumchen

Absolutely Jerry, of course when I typed that it seemed that guy was stuck on something or another.

Kind of like when there was a 8 or 10 thing reply on wether Dawnmarie was wearing her draws backwards or forward, if she was a girl, how do we know if she’s a girl… I mean damn Justin knows who Dawnmarie is. He knows her husband he knows who I am etc. why are we fighting about if Dawnmarie is a girl? I understood easily what she meant she said avatar she meant her DFWAJG thing. People generally know what that means, and who on the planet doesn’t know Dawnmarie anyway.

Jerry, please excuse my exaggeration in the above scenario

21 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Jack im sorry I don’t understand “Nothing?” Im not sure what you’re asking there.

Ah, sorry I misread 'everything' as 'anything'. But at least what you're saying there is that it has something to do with it. Because again, Billy lived with whatever was in his head for a very long time. He only lived with a gun for a few months.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Absolutely Jerry, of course when I typed that it seemed that guy was stuck on something or another.

Kind of like when there was a 8 or 10 thing reply on wether Dawnmarie was wearing her draws backwards or forward, if she was a girl, how do we know if she’s a girl… I mean damn Justin knows who Dawnmarie is. He knows her husband he knows who I am etc. why are we fighting about if Dawnmarie is a girl? I understood easily what she meant she said avatar she meant her DFWAJG thing. People generally know what that means, and who on the planet doesn’t know Dawnmarie anyway.

Jerry, please excuse my exaggeration in the above scenario

Hi Alex,

Re:  her DFWAJG thing. People generally know what that means

I don't.  I Googled it & came up with nothing.

Re:  and who on the planet doesn’t know Dawnmarie anyway.

I don't.  

Wanna try again?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Re:  why are we fighting about if Dawnmarie is a girl?

I'm not.  Why did you include me in any such group?

Edited by JerryBaumchen

16 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Kind of like when there was a 8 or 10 thing reply on wether Dawnmarie was wearing her draws backwards or forward, if she was a girl, how do we know if she’s a girl… I mean damn Justin knows who Dawnmarie is. He knows her husband he knows who I am etc. why are we fighting about if Dawnmarie is a girl?

There was no exchange about whether she was a girl. There was an exchange about whether someone was being sexist and whether he should have known she was a girl simply from her profile pic of a hemet and sunglasses. 

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Wanna try again?

No I have nothing for you on that brother, if you don’t know then you don’t know. I stand corrected, theres 1 person on the planet that doesn’t know Dawnmarie.

I figured with all the years you have been on here Jerry that you certainly knew who that was, I was mistaken.

it means “don't fuck with a Jersey girl” by the way 

8 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  her DFWAJG thing. People generally know what that means

I don't.  I Googled it & came up with nothing.

I didn't know it either until I put two and two together based on comments that were made. But it stand for Don't Fuck With A Jersey Girl.

DFWAJG is married to Lawrocket a former poster on here.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, jakee said:

Ah, sorry I misread 'everything' as 'anything'. But at least what you're saying there is that it has something to do with it. Because again, Billy lived with whatever was in his head for a very long time. He only lived with a gun for a few months.

I thought it was going to be something along those lines however because you were asking I didn’t want to get it wrong.

as far as your other post about him having a gun in his hand I think bill cleared some of that up when he was asking me to clarify some things I wrote.

We were not at the murder scene brother there is no telling if billy woke up with a pistol in his hand, or when he decided to retrieve it from his safe to carry out the massacre. What sequence things went in is anybody's guess

jack, I cannot answer to “billy lived with whatever was in his head for a very long time” I have no idea how any of that works im of sound mind and body and it doesn’t make any sense to me.

if you want to make that assumption that’s on you.

For the most part billy was a comedy show, dude was clown, but he could piss people off royally too, make you want to punch him in the face. He loved his girls for sure they just went to nationals for archery not last weekend but the one before, and both girls just recently celebrated their birthdays.

Edited by porpoishead

9 minutes ago, jakee said:

There was no exchange about whether she was a girl. There was an exchange about whether someone was being sexist and whether he should have known she was a girl simply from her profile pic of a hemet and sunglasses. 

Yes without going back it was something along those lines my point was it was kind of silly in hindsight maybe it wasn’t since some people don’t know what that is or who she is apparently.

20 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

PS)  Re:  why are we fighting about if Dawnmarie is a girl?

I'm not.  Why did you include me in any such group?

We, as in the we that got tripped up on that temporarily, turning it into a scrap of sorts.

If you weren’t involved in that in that, then you were not that we. I used the scenario as an example. I had no intentions to accuse you of anything 

6 hours ago, porpoishead said:

Yeah I get that I was just making sure brother 

I didn’t want to get mixed up in a Canadian level dispute I don’t know what the laws are there.

I was merely suggesting gun laws that have worked well in Canada versus the failed American gun laws.

My pet peeve is that Americans brag up their Second Amendment Rights while ignoring the phrase about "a well regulated militia."

In Canadian slang, the "militia" are Canadian Army Reservists who report up a parallel chain-of-command - as the Regular Army - all the way up to National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa. Canadian 'militia" wear the same uniforms, carry the same weapons, attend the same courses, etc. as regular soldiers. Canadian "militia" also often sign contracts to serve with the regular army during NATO and UN missions.

6 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That isn't entirely true either.

Okay, if you want to get "picky" there are no magazine size limits on .22 caliber rifles. I guess that Canadian police do not fear being killed by .22s. Please don't tell them about Bobby Kennedy's assassination.

6 hours ago, porpoishead said:

Just saying I have no idea on Canadian restrictions Justin, I was just stating for a equal tube on an 18” bbl you could be 12+1 

I am not following your math. ??????

Most shotgun shells are more than 2 inches long.

(edited)
33 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

I am not following your math. ??????

Most shotgun shells are more than 2 inches long.

Yes 2-3/4 that’s correct more along the lines of 2.25”OAL

and yes I see the error a 24” cut flush would be your 12+1 configuration

of course it depends on the pattern as well the +8 extensions for a 3G setup on like a remy their 24” runs somewhere around 25” plus whatever choke adds an inch and change 

on an 18” for the same setup would be a +2-3 extension so yes my mistake on that 

Edited by porpoishead

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

This is Speaker's Corner; it gets hot here. If you find yourself getting hot, take a cooler. If you want to turn up the heat, come out with arguments blazing, or really get someone to cry uncle, maybe take a cooler (this is Speaker's Corner, after all). And needling is just tacky  

We're not anti-gun, we're not pro-gun, as a website. We are pro following the no personal attacks rules. Yelling is just fine, but understand that people will probably think less of you for it, and some of them will probably call you out for it. As people, we’re all over the map, and that’s OK 

The words aren't always the best-chosen, but neither are mine. Live with it, and pretend your feisty aunt is listening to the conversation.

Wendy P.

Sure, and further for sure who am I to argue? I could give a rip about the content of a posters posts. If I'm annoyed I can just block them, and did. Of course, I still need to be exposed when others quote reply but that's endurable. That all said, it does make the forum unenjoyable for me when one poster so dominates with shotgun and unattributed posts to the point where for the first time in my experience here the program tilted and gave notice of a posting overload. Trolling is less of an annoyance and that's no bueno. Why not the rude crashing of the system with insistences?

• Like 2