3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

2 hours ago, porpoishead said:

billy and his entire family vote for democrats, I’ve not once not ever in my entire life have voted for a democrat and likely never will.

billys beliefs and attitudes are more aligned with you and people exactly like you and in the end, he turned out to be a murdering scumbag killing women and children

So being a democrat, which had nothing to do with the murders, makes him like us. But being a gun owner, which had everything to do with the murders, makes him nothing like you?

I know you feel like you were attacked first and that’s fair - but you can see why that doesn’t make sense, right?

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:

He basically told me to kill myself :rofl: turning out well isn't he?

You basically told me that I’m like some murdering scumbag that kills women and children and fucks with people and their shit… was I supposed to congratulate you??

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

So being a democrat, which had nothing to do with the murders, makes him like us. But being a gun owner, which had everything to do with the murders, makes him nothing like you?

I know you feel like you were attacked first and that’s fair - but you can see why that doesn’t make sense, right?

I wouldn’t say him owning a gun had everything to do with the murders. So no, I do not follow your logic 

Just now, porpoishead said:

I wouldn’t say him owning a gun had everything to do with the murders. So no, I do not follow your logic 

Your credibility goes down with every post you make, and that one is a prime example.

You'd do better to just stop digging.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

You basically told me that I’m like some murdering scumbag that kills women and children and fucks with people and their shit… was I supposed to congratulate you??

Actually, I said "definitely very calm" - sarcastically.

And what I said afterwards was that you lied about being willing to turn in your guns. You need better reading comprehension.

9 minutes ago, kallend said:

Your credibility goes down with every post you make, and that one is a prime example.

You'd do better to just stop digging.

How so?? And what am I digging ???

The man killed his children and his wife how did owning a gun have “everything” to do with that John?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Actually, I said "definitely very calm" - sarcastically.

And what I said afterwards was that you lied about being willing to turn in your guns. You need better reading comprehension.

In another post you accused me of being like billy, by doing so you’re basically calling me a murdering scumbag that kills women and children, and fucks with people and their shit constantly, kind of like what you’re doing 

And then you followed that up and now you’re calling me a liar with some bullshit that you typed out and put my name to it 

look man I’ve told no lies and I’m not some murdering piece of shit please leave me be and focus on the topic this is like the 50th time in the past hour I’ve told you to leave me alone. Stop playing with me 

Edited by porpoishead
Typos

3 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

In another post you accused me of being like billy by doing so you’re basically calling me a murdering scumbag that kills women and children and fucks with people are that shit constantly

Uh, no. Again, I just called you a liar. You're making the other stuff up yourself.

Also, "making up stuff" is lying, so you're still doing it...maybe not intentionally, but you're still doing it.

13 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

How so?? And what am I digging ???

The man killed his children and his wife how did owning a gun have “everything” to do with that John?

Do you ever stop to think about what you write?

first-law-of-holes-is-if-you-are-in-one-4666362.png

• Like 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Olof can you please leave me alone and focus on something else hoss?? 

I'm going to do whatever I want.

(within the rules of the forum, of course)

Edit: there's also the ignore feature of this forum, please use it.

Isn't freedom nice?

Edited by olofscience

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

Do you ever stop to think about what you write?

What about you John? Do you ever stop and think about what you write? 

apparently we disagree about something in that phrase that, a gun had everything to do with what billy did. Do you care to share your position on that?  maybe we can figure out where we disagree instead of you attacking me.

I don’t agree with that statement because as I have previously stated, billy could have done what he did with anything really a lawnmower blade or whatever. So that is why I disagree that the object he used to commit murder had everything to do with what he did.

57 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

This is interesting that you mention bill because I feel that is exactly what some other posters were doing based on pure speculation or by deductive reasoning from some of Billy’s posts from who knows when and what billy was up to. 

Right.  When you do it - decide he is a "murdering scumbag" who "fucks with people and their shit constantly" and "his entire family  . . .are all democrats"  or some such - it's perfectly justified, even though you don't know his voter registration or what happened that day.  But when others do it to you, it's unreasonable.

Treat others as you want to be treated.

• Like 2

(edited)
9 minutes ago, billvon said:

Right.  When you do it - decide he is a "murdering scumbag" who "fucks with people and their shit constantly" and "his entire family  . . .are all democrats"  or some such - it's perfectly justified, even though you don't know his voter registration or what happened that day.  But when others do it to you, it's unreasonable.

Treat others as you want to be treated.

Bill I knew billy personally I’m not sure if you were aware of that. I’m not speculating on none of that I knew that dude.

the murdering scumbag part were words I used because of the horror of his acts killing children and women 

Edited by porpoishead

(edited)
4 minutes ago, kallend said:

Apparently English isn't your first language.

I’ve already explained this to you in another post do you not recall my answer?

I’ve explained my position and asked if you could explain yours but you just keep on attacking 

attack, attack, attack

Edited by porpoishead

16 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

the murdering scumbag part were words I used because of the horror of his acts killing children and women 

So you were there and know exactly what happened?  Then tell us how it transpired.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, billvon said:

So you were there and know exactly what happened?  Then tell us how it transpired.

I didn’t mean to suggest I was at the murder scene bill. That response was in reference to the other things you mentioned in your post. 

im not sure what being at the murder scene has come up for maybe I misunderstood something or you did im not sure what being at the murder scene has to do with anything 

what I meant by this statement you quoted is I consider a person who kills their children and wife a murdering scumbag 

Edited by porpoishead

2 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

what I meant by this statement you quoted is I consider a person who kills their children and wife a murdering scumbag 

So you know for sure he wasn't having a psychotic break?  Wasn't drunk or on drugs?  He just woke up and decided to become a murdering scumbag?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, billvon said:

So you know for sure he wasn't having a psychotic break?  Wasn't drunk or on drugs?  He just woke up and decided to become a murdering scumbag?

Ah I see where you are with that.

The act of killing all of your girls regardless of any circumstances is inexcusable in my opinion, because of his final acts is why I used those words, it was not my intentions to suggest in any way that he was that prior to the massacre 

perhaps better stated, in the end he was that.

Edited by porpoishead

Now you are starting to get it. Even people who think they are are completely normal (like you) can have something happen to them that ends up with them turning their guns on their loved ones.

if you think that this can't happen to you, you are in denial.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Now you are starting to get it. Even people who think they are are completely normal (like you) can have something happen to them that ends up with them turning their guns on their loved ones.

if you think that this can't happen to you, you are in denial.

I get that brother but I mean damn if somebody asks me if I could kill my children and my wife of fucking course the answer is fuck no never under any circumstances absolutely not.

how would you answer that question? And please forgive me stumpy it’s been probably 10yrs+ since I’ve been on here I don't recall if you had a wife and kids or if you made some since or whatever.

brother to be honest with you though I’m not sure that I can think any other way on that particular thing.

I mean what do you do wake up in the morning and say “today is not the day I’m going to kill my kids and my wife” I don’t even want to think of some crazy ass shit like that.

that’s a solid hell no any kind of way 

Edited by porpoishead

2 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

I get that brother but I mean damn if somebody asks me if I could kill my children and my wife of fucking course the answer is fuck no never under any circumstances absolutely not.

how would you answer that question? And please forgive me stumpy it’s been probably 10yrs+ since I’ve been on here I don't recall if you had a wife and kids or if you made some since or whatever.

If someone asked me that now? No of course not. But I have now known enough people who have gone through horrible shit like this to understand that if it happens to you, you don't have any choice in the matter, and you probably don't even realise what is happening. It's got nothing to do with being weak, or cowardly, or any of those other words that are used to stigmatise people with mental health issues. It's an illness, to do with brain chemistry.

People suffering from depression can't "cheer up" or "snap out of it". If you have never been down that road you can't understand what it's like.

The thing that has changed over the last probably 20 years or so, is that we are beginning to understand how commonplace this is.