3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

On 5/25/2022 at 7:56 PM, porpoishead said:

Joe what capacity do you believe to be sufficient and for what scenario? 

to say high capacity magazines should be banned is a vague statement. What do you consider high capacity?

Canadian laws restrict pistol magazines to a maximum of 10 rounds and long gun magazines to 5 rounds. Anything longer must be pinned to limit capacity.

There are a few loop-holes that baffle Canadian gun owners. For example: there is no limit on shotgun magazine capacity, but that part of the law was written when tube magazines were the norm on shotguns and tube magazines are generally limited to the same length as the barrel (minimum 18 inches).

18 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

This, a thousand times this. Every piece of data is an opportunity to test your assumptions, thoughts, beliefs, and convictions. There's not always time, but it's a good exercise regularly. Incident reports had me putting my RSL back on, and things here have had me rethink positions as well. That doesn't make me weak, it makes me smart enough to understand situations can change, and that I can be wrong.

Wendy P.

Good point Wendy,

Wise men use new data to question their pre-conceived beliefs.

OTOH Stubborn people merely use new data to confirm their old prejudices.

Like you, I read USPA accident reports religiously for 20 years. After 20 years, they started to blur together. But USPA accident reports did cure me of a few bad habits (e.g. no RSL or AAD) and USPA accident reports have had the net effect of lowering fatality rates.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, billvon said:

So since you're presenting as a republican, posting exactly the same sort of stuff about guns as he did, and stirring the pot, you're a democrat?

Bill I am stirring the pot??? Y’all know how billy was just from your dealings with him here how many times did y’all have to warn and ban billy? A lot.

Only time I had any issues here was a few years after I stopped posting on here. I came on to read something or another that someone directed me to and some clown called deedy fat or something like that  I told the guy to have some respect and go fuck himself, and either Paul or Andrea or whoever banned me for a week for telling that guy to fuck off 

and no I’m certainly not a democrat I have never voted for one anyway 

Edited by porpoishead

7 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Canadian laws restrict pistol magazines to a maximum of 10 rounds and long gun magazines to 5 rounds. Anything longer must be pinned to limit capacity.

There are a few loop-holes that baffle Canadian gun owners. For example: there is no limit on shotgun magazine capacity, but that part of the law was written when tube magazines were the norm on shotguns and tube magazines are generally limited to the same length as the barrel (minimum 18 inches).

Yeah even at a minimum barrel length that’s 12 2-3/4’s that’s a lot of scatter gun right.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That's why I wasn't responding to you, was responding to Rob.

Yeah I get that I was just making sure brother 

I didn’t want to get mixed up in a Canadian level dispute I don’t know what the laws are there 

Edited by porpoishead

On 5/26/2022 at 5:07 PM, porpoishead said:

Truth be told if Billy’s girls and flo could all live, then I would shut it down and turn in all of my firearms. 

I think we can now conclude that this statement is a lie.

Alex wants his guns, no matter what, no matter who dies. Even Billy's wife and daughters, just more sacrifices to the second amendment.

I take back my statement - you'd probably fail more than a few of those tests I mentioned earlier. Just like Billy would have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

I think we can now conclude that this statement is a lie.

Alex wants his guns, no matter what, no matter who dies. Even Billy's wife and daughters, just more sacrifices to the second amendment.

I take back my statement - you'd probably fail more than a few of those tests I mentioned earlier. Just like Billy would have.

Look dude I don’t know what your fascination is with me I’m not asking I’m telling… if you are going to talk some bullshit please keep my name out of your mouth

(edited)
2 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Look dude I don’t know what your fascination is with me I’m not asking I’m telling… if you are going to talk some bullshit please keep my name out of your mouth

But you don't care right?

Oh, and free speech, I'll say your name as many times as I want, Alex.

Edited by olofscience

13 minutes ago, olofscience said:

But you don't care right?

Oh, and free speech, I'll say your name as many times as I want, Alex.

That’s correct I don’t care what you think about anything.

I have not used your name to talk some bullshit if you could extend the same courtesy that would be splendid 

26 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Alex wants his guns, no matter what, no matter who dies.

I very much doubt that.

No one goes into anything - owning a gun, driving drunk, jumping a small canopy, teaching gun safety, teaching skydiving - thinking "hey, I don't care who is injured or who dies, I just wanna do it."  They think "I can handle it.  As long as it's me, my skill, competence and wisdom will keep anyone else from getting injured or killed."  All the above people have been wrong at one time or another, of course.  But that doesn't mean they don't care about who lives or dies.  It MIGHT mean they overestimate their own competence - but that's very different.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Bill I am stirring the pot???

I'd say yes: "What your problem guy??? Are you a kid or some shit?? How old are you???"  That's pretty much the definition of stirring the pot.

and no I’m certainly not a democrat I have never voted for one anyway

OK great.  Perhaps you could allow others the same choice, and not assign them to the party that wins your argument for you after their death.

3 minutes ago, billvon said:

OK great.  Perhaps you could allow others the same choice, and not assign them to the party that wins your argument for you after their death.

This is interesting that you mention bill because I feel that is exactly what some other posters were doing based on pure speculation or by deductive reasoning from some of Billy’s posts from who knows when and what billy was up to. 

Then using some more speculation mixed with pure bullshit and throw my name in and say I’m like billy.

im nothing like billy