3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

3 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

I don’t have an answer for what billy did and I knew billy well

Despite your 100% confidence in your perfection as a gun owner,  someday someone might be saying the exact same thing about you.  There are tens of thousands of dead people, killed by those who thought they'd never have an accident with a gun, or crack like Billy, or have a child find their unsecured weapon, or ......

People with your attitude ARE the problem.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Jakee forgive me brother I don’t know you I don’t know who you are I have not posted in these forums on this site in a long time I know a lot of people that are posting on this topic but I’m just not up to speed on who’s who

im Alex Figueredo and you are who?

Jack - I've never jumped in the states though so it's unlikely we've ever met.

Fair enough Jack so it’s likely that you don’t do what I do and don’t frequent dangerous places where being unarmed would be very foolish. 

because of these differences you and I may never come to a complete agreement on a gun debate I respect that you choose to be unarmed and I also respect your position on anything else regardless if I agree or not.

I get the outrage on this it’s understandable what billy did was pure horror i cannot defend what he did he went out pretty bad 

Billy didn’t have a lot of money I suspect maybe that’s why he wasn’t really interested from a financial standpoint he certainly wasn’t a criminal only time he had a scrape with the law was years ago he drove aggressively like a complete asshole and had road rage issues he was speeding trying to pass some ridiculous road beef and a trooper got after him so he tried to duck off on an exit and of course being deaf he was probably given all kinds of commands he didn’t follow so he got his ass kicked by the trooper on the side of the road… once they figured out what was what it was all resolved 

he was definitely interested in hunting again with financial constraints what can you do

im not familiar with any restriction that would have prevented billy from owning a firearm 

4 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

im not familiar with any restriction that would have prevented billy from owning a firearm 

Same is true for the Texas elementary school murderer.  He was able to buy his guns with no restrictions.

And THAT, right there, is the core of the problem.

• Like 1

Somehow in all these debates that start with a bad person with bad intentions somehow “the core” as you call it Kallend gets lost in translation…

in your opinion who should be armed and who shouldn’t please explain that to me.

who’s life is worth defending and who’s isn’t??

48 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Pretty sure a massacre already took place by that point. So nothing, nothing stopped the massacre.

After the gunman gained entry to the school, police from various departments gathered to form a tactical unit.

A Border Patrol tactical unit responded to the scene, and one of its agents shot and killed the suspect, according to a source with the agency.

Source:

NPR: What we know so far about the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas

12 minutes ago, ryoder said:

After the gunman gained entry to the school, police from various departments gathered to form a tactical unit.

A Border Patrol tactical unit responded to the scene, and one of its agents shot and killed the suspect, according to a source with the agency.

Source:

NPR: What we know so far about the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas

Yes, like I said, a massacre had already taken place by then. So no, a massacre was not stopped.

2 hours ago, porpoishead said:

I will not give either brother, I will defend myself and my family from those that seek to do evil I will stop the threat 

Billy said almost exactly this a few days ago.

As long as you understand that the gun you own is FAR more likely to be used against you and yours than you stopping any imagined "threat", then at least you have the facts. You can lead a horse to water etc.....

2 hours ago, porpoishead said:

I don’t claim to know the future I know this we are surrounded by evil and you never know when it will come 

No. We aren't 'surrounded by evil'.

I don't disagree with the 'you never know when it will come', but to pretend we live in a time and place where it's necessary to be armed and the unarmed are at the mercy of the 'thugs' is just silly.

There was a post by BillEisle (sp?) a month or so ago about people leaving their guns in their unlocked cars at night and the guns being stolen.

So these people live in a place so dangerous and crime-infested that they feel the need to have a gun in their car at all times, yet leave it unlocked in the driveway at night?