3 3
Phil1111

Mental Health, Guns, Mental Health

1 hour ago, porpoishead said:

there is absolutely no chance of me ever hurting innocent people and girls no matter what it’ll never happen . . . .

he wasn’t a mental health issue until he he was . . . .

I quoted what I think are the two most relevant lines from your post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, porpoishead said:

There was zero indication that billy was capable of doing what he did with that said he could have done what he did with a pair of scissors a hammer a glass ash tray or any other stupid shit 

But he didn't. He used a gun. According to what he said here his youngest daughter was alive for 13 years before Billy brought a gun into their home for safety. She didn't reach 14.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

I’m sure you have you know who I am and what I’m about and you’re barking up the wrong tree

I've heard the "guns don't kill people" and I've seen the trite bumper stickers. Firearms are the problem.

Edited by gowlerk

11 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I've heard the "guns don't kill people" and I've seen the trite bumper stickers. Firearms are the problem.

I'd say it's the easy availability and "tool of all uses" approach to guns that's the problem. The vast majority of people who own them don't own them to put food on the table (an extremely valid reason), or for any other reason that isn't addressed by other means. They're the option of first resort, rather than the option of last resort, for too many situations that people either find themselves in, or imagine themselves in.

Making them less available would remove some of that, because you'd have to actually do something to get them. Kind of like not making your house burglar-proof (not possible), just less attractive than other houses.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

100 Million more guns in America since Sandy Hook, I heard. Idiots like Abbot are again arguing that arming teachers and active school shooting drills are the solution. We are truly screwed. 

I can agree with being the first resort to some Wendy and does contribute to a lot of senseless gun violence I often say that there is nothing more dangerous than coward with a firearm in his possession. 

Something about having a firearm in their hand that will cause a weak person to lose their ability to reason

1 minute ago, porpoishead said:

I can agree with being the first resort to some Wendy and does contribute to a lot of senseless gun violence I often say that there is nothing more dangerous than coward with a firearm in his possession. 

Something about having a firearm in their hand that will cause a weak person to lose their ability to reason

The cowardice is owned by politicians who care more for NRA largesse than kids lives and gun owners who are paralyzed with fear over giving a single inch . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

100 Million more guns in America since Sandy Hook, I heard. Idiots like Abbot are again arguing that arming teachers and active school shooting drills are the solution. We are truly screwed. 

Thought I read there was an armed guard who spotted the shooter before he went into the school.

2 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

I will not give either brother, I will defend myself and my family from those that seek to do evil I will stop the threat 

Good on you for knowing you self and the future so we’ll. I hope to end my days never knowing if I really could pull the trigger in time.

40 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

Wrong answer pal… billy killed his girls 

A few months after buying the gun that made it so easy. 13 years he had that he could have used scissors or an ashtray, but that never happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, porpoishead said:

But it couldn't possibly have had anything to do with what Billy did? Those are some seriously mixed messages.

Jakee forgive me brother I don’t know you I don’t know who you are I have not posted in these forums on this site in a long time I know a lot of people that are posting on this topic but I’m just not up to speed on who’s who

im Alex Figueredo and you are who?