sparknote_s

How did you get into skydiving?

maybe its because they spend all their money on lift tickets they can't afford the drugs

Ha ha ha ha ha :P. Right. That must be the case :).

Almost. It's replacing one addiction with another. I have a friend who was doing herion until she did her first skydive and thought: "what the fuck am i spending money on that for when i can spend it on this!"

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

How did I get into Skydiving?
Well... I always wanted to go, and it was right before my wedding... and I was talking with a few of my friends, and my fiance. She was going to have a 'girly' day, and well... I wanted to do something different. One of the guys, being a shit, said why don't you just jump out of an airplane... it's just like getting married... you can only go down! I thought it would be a great opportunity to put him in his place and we went. The fiance said that she would let me do it then only because she could live with becoming a spinstress, but never a widow.
Being macho, my friend decided to jump as well... and... well... he did it, but was scared shitless afterwards... Me... I was hooked.
As for my wife... she has been reluctant... but has accepted that it is something that drives me.

had just come back from thailand when i was watching the 6'oclock news. On it there was an article about this dz that was offering a diploma in commercial skydiving, this meant the government would give student loans for you to do AFF and a total of 200 skydives in 8 months. With out ever doing one, i knew for years that i wanted to get into skydiving. I phoned the news station 2 weeks later and got put through to the camera man where he gave me the name of the school.
The school came up to my city and interviewed me....i was like laughing through the whole interview that the govt was going to pay for me to do 200 skydives. The people accepted me and the course started 2 months later, i packed my car the next day and drove 500 miles and sat on the dz every day watching while waiting for the course to start.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I was made to do a tandem jump by an old boss of mine in NZ along with peer pressure from my brother and a few friends. To cut a long story short, the thought of jumping out of a plane was the worst possible thing in the world I could do, so I did the whole British stiff upper lip thing, while saying to myself that it was only 45 seconds of my life...

I loved it. My brother, who really wanted to do it, hated it. Did another tandem and then 5 years later when I had money, time, etc, I did my AFF and haven't looked back since!

Liz

Me and George Galloway were flying in a little Cessna 150 one afternoon. We had both recently gotten our private pilot licenses. Had it backed off in slow flight with the windows open, and we both just looked at each other with the same thought, "wow, would it be cool to just jump out like on the old Ripcord TV show?" So, we did a little bit of homework and found a skydiving club right in our hometown. We were invited to this guys house for the monthly meeting to see if we wanted to come to the dz that weekend and make a static line jump. All the guys were pretty straight looking, kinda "ex-military" types, but they were talking about this demo they were planning for some little league tournament. Not having any clue what they were talking about, one guy says "and don't forget we need 15 bucks for smoke." We both looked at each other in total shock...this skydiving club pays for weed out of the club treasury! Holy shit, we're in! (yes, a bag of weed really did only cost $15 in 1972, kiddies) But these guys didn't look like "heads" at all! Oh, well, if they're crazy enough to jump out of airplanes for fun, and the club buys the weed, who cares if they look straight! Of course later we found out they were talking about smoke grenades for the demo! That was almost 33 years ago, but it's still funny to remember that night.

Ironically, my first 3 static line jumps I went into the fetal position! ;) I mentioned that to someone before and they replied, "well, thats all you knew" LOL
Damn this is an old post!

OLD... is a relative term! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I won a free tandem jump on a radio contest. One of those "Third caller gets a cool price" kinda contest. I had the certificate on my drawer for 11 months and it was about expire in a week. So I went and make the jump, and when we landed I signed up for AFF and next week I was jumping. Thats how I got in to this fun addiction. B|

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

My girlfriend told me we needed to go because she hadn't been in a while so I was like cool, whatever.

I had no intention of doing it again any time soon but I was immediately hooked after one jump and when I found out I could do the student program that was all she wrote.

I started dreaming of skydiving (as in my sleep), falling through the sky with that gut feeling all the way..

After I had quite a few of those dreams I decided maybe I should try the real thing and looked up for a local DZ through the net..

Called them, booked a tandem, got hooked, started AFF a week later and the rest is history... :)

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Never had a choice;)
My mother made about 20 jumps when she was pregnant with me.
Its in my blood:S
Got to love it!!

Umbilical cord was a static line huh?! ;)

LOL, for her baby shower my wife got a log book, with all 138 jumps logged in it that she made while pregnant to give our son , for when he starts jumping....

He made his first kick while were were climbing out of the DC3 at Perris...