brenthutch

Affirmative action candidate fails as press secretary

Foreign born, black, lesbian (who identifies as a woman) is being bucked up by a cis gender military white male. While she gets a gold medal in the intersectional Olympics she has failed spectacularly on the podium.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/white-house-press-secretary-botching-answer-inflation-question-excruciating-watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10836061/Pentagon-spox-John-Kirby-join-White-House-comms-role-days-Karine-Jean-Pierres-debut.html

(edited)
58 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Foreign born, black, lesbian (who identifies as a woman) is being bucked up by a cis gender military white male. While she gets a gold medal in the intersectional Olympics she has failed spectacularly on the podium.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/white-house-press-secretary-botching-answer-inflation-question-excruciating-watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10836061/Pentagon-spox-John-Kirby-join-White-House-comms-role-days-Karine-Jean-Pierres-debut.html

Say's a failed DZ Manager and TM at a tiny DZ, who has as their defining credential the ability to wear the same color clothes as everyone else and sleep where they are told on demand. Thanks for the news and, even more, the affirmation of your uncontrollable need to convey it. There is a term for it, if you are interested.

Edited by JoeWeber

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Foreign born, black, lesbian (who identifies as a woman)

So you believe that every other press secretary who’s ever given a bad answer was only picked for the role because they were white and straight?

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Say's a failed DZ Manager and TM at a tiny DZ, who has as their defining credential the ability to wear the same color clothes as everyone else and sleep where they are told on demand. Thanks for the news and, even more, the affirmation of your uncontrollable need to convey it. There is a term for it, if you are interested.

And that term is?

8 hours ago, jakee said:

So you believe that every other press secretary who’s ever given a bad answer was only picked for the role because they were white and straight?

She got the job because she checked all of the progressive boxes.  Unfortunately competence was not one of them.

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

She got the job because she checked all of the progressive boxes.  Unfortunately competence was not one of them.

That’s an assertion. What do you have to back it up, besides assumptions based on her appearance and the like? I’m assuming that any errors made by white male press secretaries were completely understandable, right?

Give me a fucking break. She’s been the deputy for quite awhile, that may have given people some time to evaluate her. She may not be up to the job, but it won’t be because she’s female, gay, African-American, etc. By your standards, any liberal, in any position, is probably unqualified

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

What about all the people before her who ticked the conservative boxes of which competence was not one? No problem with those?

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

That’s an assertion. What do you have to back it up, besides assumptions based on her appearance and the like? I’m assuming that any errors made by white male press secretaries were completely understandable, right?

Give me a fucking break. She’s been the deputy for quite awhile, that may have given people some time to evaluate her. She may not be up to the job, but it won’t be because she’s female, gay, African-American, etc. By your standards, any liberal, in any position, is probably unqualified

Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

Re:  any errors made by white male press secretaries were completely understandable

I believe that those were considered 'misspoke.'  Completely acceptable.

Misspoke - definition of misspoke by The Free Dictionary

I seem to remember that it began during the Nixon yrs.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Not so, Psaki was brilliant.  I loved watching her spar with Doocy.  

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Not so, Psaki was brilliant.  I loved watching her spar with Doocy.  

What about all the others who weren't? I mean, they're government employees so I'm sure you don't think the sun shines out of all of their asses. What about all of the other less than competent straight white people who've held posts like that? Why don't you ever care about the conservative criteria they fit?

• Like 1

(edited)
59 minutes ago, jakee said:

What about all the others who weren't? I mean, they're government employees so I'm sure you don't think the sun shines out of all of their asses. What about all of the other less than competent straight white people who've held posts like that? Why don't you ever care about the conservative criteria they fit?

I don’t have the time to post a historical analysis of every press secretary.  I’m just opining on the current one.  Watch it for yourself and tell me what you think.

Q) What is the administration doing about inflation?

A) Tax cooperations and take care of climate change

:$

Edited by brenthutch

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I don’t have the time to post a historical analysis of every press secretary.  

So you never thought there was a problem with the hiring of any incompetent press secretary before. Just this one. Because she is black.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jakee said:

So you never thought there was a problem with the hiring of any incompetent press secretary before. Just this one. Because she is black.

No, it is just that she is incompetent.  Her race, gender, immigration status and sexual proclivities have nothing to do with it. I actually feel sorry for her. A career in the progressive bubble has conditioned her to believe that all of the world’s problems are a result of climate change and income inequality.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, billvon said:

It's almost as if they hate her because she's black and gay!  There's a word for that . . . .

No, it’s more like you love her because she is black and gay.

Its called identity politics.  

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Because those are the traits the progressives value more than competence.

I for one value competence in someones sexual proclivities. The problem I have with your proclivities is that, without knowing it, you demonstrate a bigoted position. Whom she takes her pleasures with, and at what day of the week or time of day, is her nature. That is to say it's natural. If you truly were a fair, and unbiased, observer you wouldn't make a distinction. But that is not you.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No, it is just that she is incompetent.  Her race, gender, immigration status and sexual proclivities have nothing to do with it. 

Why are you lying to me when your first post and thread title are both still sitting there in black and white? Do you think I would somehow forget to go back and check what you wrote yesterday?

(edited)

Because those are the traits the progressives value more than competence.

And why do you have a problem with that, when any study of incompetent government officials in the past would show that the most valued conservative traits are being white and straight? Why have you never once in your life worried about that?

Edited by jakee

No, it’s more like you love her because she is black and gay.

Its called identity politics.  

You starting this thread is identity politics. You assuming Bill loves her because of her identity is identity politics. You never having a problem with incompetent straight white people being hired en masse but losing your shit over one black lesbian is identity politics. 

• Like 1