1 1
brenthutch

Powerful African American switches party affiliation

(edited)

LMAO and there it is:

SpaceX Paid $250,000 to a Flight Attendant Who Accused Elon Musk of Sexual Misconduct (businessinsider.com)

Certainly only an allegation at this time, but the timing of him saying "you're going to hear bad things about me and they're definitely just hit pieces" immediately before this news dropped is absolutely protesting too much... :rofl:

Edited by mistercwood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mistercwood said:

LMAO and there it is:

SpaceX Paid $250,000 to a Flight Attendant Who Accused Elon Musk of Sexual Misconduct (businessinsider.com)

Certainly only an allegation at this time, but the timing of him saying "you're going to hear bad things about me and they're definitely just hit pieces" immediately before this news dropped is absolutely protesting too much... :rofl:

Well, obviously he is preparing to run as the GOP presidential candidate in 2024.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/teslas-musk-says-no-longer-200335296.html

Given the current Twitter war with Biden, Bezos might be next.

Hmmm... except for your overwhelming desire to prove you aren't racist by recognizing accomplished African-Americans isn't Mr. Musk as much a Canadian-American or American-American? Or, as you are no doubt goosing yourself over, a Republican-American.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Well, obviously he is preparing to run as the GOP presidential candidate in 2024.

"They encouraged her to get licensed as a masseuse, but on her own time, on her own dime," the friend said. "They implied that she would get to fly more often if she were to do this because she'd be able to give Elon proper massages. I thought that was kind of strange because — you weren't hired to be a masseuse. You were hired to be a flight attendant." From the story.

Obviously Musk is prime republican material. Require prospective employee/staff/prostitutes to pay for their own training.

I guess its just another instance where Musk failed to get off the pad.

(edited)

It never occurred to me that he DIDN’T vote Republican.

He’s a white billionaire who owns a global company, deliberately manipulates stock values and seems to court scandal.

I’ve always assumed he was a GOP voter. *shrug

Even the environmental stuff he’s done Iis never altruistic. It’s always done through the lens of profit.

The guy is an asshole - I honestly thought everyone knew this?

Edited by yoink

2 hours ago, yoink said:

It never occurred to me that he DIDN’T vote Republican.

He’s a white billionaire who owns a global company, deliberately manipulates stock values and seems to court scandal.

I’ve always assumed he was a GOP voter. *shrug

Even the environmental stuff he’s done Iis never altruistic. It’s always done through the lens of profit.

The guy is an asshole - I honestly thought everyone knew this?

Course he voted republican. He's like all these other assholes saying things like "I used to vote democrat but they lost me and Trump just resonated" - basically as republican as you can get.

16 hours ago, brenthutch said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/teslas-musk-says-no-longer-200335296.html

Given the current Twitter war with Biden, Bezos might be next.

Love him or hate him, he has gotten pretty adept at trolling the left, hasn't he? Pretty interesting to see a guy who grew up a progressive, with his father being an anti-apartheid politician in South Africa, and has voted mostly democrat. 

Problem is, the democrats have gone too far left. Waaaaay left. This is not even the same democrat party that it was 25 years ago. People are getting tired of them overusing the race card when they don't get what they want. 

The Republicans aren't infallible either but they have had to pull to the right to counter the left. I miss the days when both sides actually worked together to put out good bills. Lately, it's "fuck you" "no, FUCK you!" "Racist!" etc. 

As far as the 2022 midterms are concerned, the prospects of a Democrat party bloodbath (figuratively) are likely to happen. You're not going to convince a hard core Democrat to believe anything other than their party line, same with a hard core Republican. Rather, you're going to have to convince the independent voters, who make up a sizable chunk of the population. The way things are going, it's not looking good for the democrats. The average loss of House seats historically for a president's party in the midterms is about 25 seats. 

6 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Pretty interesting to see a guy who grew up a progressive, with his father being an anti-apartheid politician in South Africa, and has voted mostly democrat. 

He has described his father as a terrible human being.

Not aware of his father being an anti-apartheid politician, do you have any sources for this?

Errroll did fuck his set-daughter and got her pregnant. None of his children seem to actually like him.

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Trailer for a 1h15m documentary NYT did with FX. Available on Hulu. I just watched a bootleg copy someone uploaded to Youtube, but it is gone now. Topic is Tesla's half-assed "autopilot".

?? What is the relevance of that to the OP?  Are you grasping for something randomly unrelated to have a go at Musk because he's discarded a party who's politics has changed?  I personally dislike vehicle 'autopilots' because I genuinely enjoy driving myself, although I'm not aware of who currently has a better autopilot (in it's class) than his. Every technology, including autopilots, needs an evolution of trial and failure. One might easily say that early aviation autopilots were half-assed. In some respects they still are, hence we still have pilots.

You might as well go low and have a go at his family next.... Ah, nevermind, SkyDekker beat you to it. Classy all around.

4 minutes ago, metalslug said:

?? What is the relevance of that to the OP?  Are you grasping for something randomly unrelated to have a go at Musk because he's discarded a party who's politics has changed?  I personally dislike vehicle 'autopilots' because I genuinely enjoy driving myself, although I'm not aware of who currently has a better autopilot (in it's class) than his. Every technology, including autopilots, needs an evolution of trial and failure. One might easily say that early aviation autopilots were half-assed. In some respects they still are, hence we still have pilots.

You might as well go low and have a go at his family next.... Ah, nevermind, SkyDekker beat you to it. Classy all around.

I am talking about:

- Decreeing what sensors can be used with "autopilot" w/o allowing any input from his engineers. No other company believes it can be done with only cameras.

- Repeatedly making claims about "autopilot" capabilities that are not true.

- Refusing to implement NTSB recommendations.

- Violating agreements with the NTSB over crash investigations.

- Claiming Tesla has a huge lead in data feed from cars on the road, when in fact no infrastrucure exists to bring all that data into Tesla, and even if it did, there is no infrastructure that could analyze it.

All these are the result of Musk's ego-driven mismanagement of the "autopilot" project.

25 minutes ago, metalslug said:

Are you grasping for something randomly unrelated to have a go at Musk because he's discarded a party who's politics has changed? 

8 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I am talking about: .....

All these are the result of Musk's ego-driven mismanagement of the "autopilot" project.

You could have just answered 'Yes'.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

- Decreeing what sensors can be used with "autopilot" w/o allowing any input from his engineers. No other company believes it can be done with only cameras.

Yeah.  Several other companies are doing a lot with sensor fusion - using vision plus (bad) LIDAR plus radar - to get a lot of information out of a scene.  And Intel has had a remarkable success with its realsense system (just two aligned stereo cameras.)  Always seemed foolish to me to ignore all those possibilities.

"But people drive vision-only just fine!" has been his go-to explanation.  But we don't just use one eye.  We generally use two, which gives us information similar to the realsense system.  We use our ears for horns, road noise, and minor impacts (hitting a rumble strip for example.)  We use our sense of touch to get a sense of wheel and brake pedal pressure and to feel acceleration/braking/cornering.  We have decent memories which allow us to recall what happened last time we drove a dangerous stretch, and where the hazards are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billvon said:

"But people drive vision-only just fine!" has been his go-to explanation. 

In the documentary, one of the sources (I forgot which one) is asked about that, and his answer is:

"The human eyes are attached to the human brain, and no one has yet come close to replicating everything it can do, with computer hardware."

5 hours ago, metalslug said:

Coming from the guy who spent several posts attacking Biden's family in another thread - that's pretty funny.