BillyVance

Skyride affiliated DZ at Waverly, TN is history

I don't think anybody really knows. Skyride is now Thrill Planet (to the best of my knowledge) and they keep everything pretty compartmentalized. AST was probably a separate entity than TP, did all their bookings through TP, and TP sucked all the cash out of the operation in fees.

AST was probably a money-losing entity that had to move from place to place and stay one step ahead of the creditors.

I don't know for sure how it was setup, but that's how I would do it.

With the amount of jumpers AST had and events they did, I'd be surprised if it was a "money losing entity moving from place to place". They'd been there several years. I know they are trying hard to open up Music City Skydiving ASAFP from what I've heard, and are hoping to open the business in the next few weeks.

guppykf

So in reading this entire thread I am still confused. Is it that Skyride pulled out of Waverly with all Skyride's equipment, computers and plane or did AST separate itself from Skyride and take all their equipment? Basically, who owned the equipment Skyride or AST?

There appears to be a "new dropzone" opening up in Waverly called Music City Skydiving and they are building up their inventory of equipment etc. I think (again I dont know for sure) that some of the up jumpers there have taken upon themselves to keep an active dropzone open at that location and are working hard to get equipment in order to open their doors. So I tend to lean against the conspiracy theory of "skyride" just changed names. It appears that one DZO left and new and hopefully more reputable reputation is gained at this "new DZ". Well that's what I hope anyways because I just recently jumped there and really thought the people were super and appeared to me to be in it for the joy of the sport.

Again, what happened is that whoever was managing the DZ FOR Skyride/ThrillPlanet was not paying the bills. So the Skyride/ThrillPlanet partners decided to shut the DZ down and pull out all the equipment and plane they owned.

Now the jilted staff of that DZ is trying to re-open as their own DZ called Music City Skydiving.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skydive2

Wait are you saying ASC is also leaving cedartown and going to rome? I was under the impression the farm was going to Rome, ASC would remain open at the Cedartown airport??

What I have been told is that ASC is merging with The Farm and both are relocating to the Rome airport as one DZ.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Iago

***Billy you don't jump anymore anyways why don't you lay off the merger and and go be productive in life. :|

Billy can't hear you.

He's a deaf cunt.

With a scar on his forehead.

You remember! :D:D:D

I have a life, a wife, 2 little girls, a house and 3 acres and a job. I've got plenty going on. This Skyride issue takes up what, 5 minutes here and there, now and then?

My conscience is clear. Fuck Skyride and fuck Cary. I can understand Hans' decision. Man's got to make a living. You make your bed, you lay in it.

I warned you all years ago what Skyride's big picture goals were. And they are slowly coming to fruition. [:/]

I warned you all years ago what Skyride's big picture goals were. And they are slowly coming to fruition.

Curious here. Of course "Skyride" has no ambitions at all, but someone behind it does. Who is that someone? Is it "He who's name shall not be mentioned"?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I warned you all years ago what Skyride's big picture goals were. And they are slowly coming to fruition.

Curious here. Of course "Skyride" has no ambitions at all, but someone behind it does. Who is that someone? Is it "He who's name shall not be mentioned"?

His name is mentioned in that same post.

Speaking of which, why do you care so much about this issue?

I don't. I lurk on DZ.com here and there. But Hans was my AFF Instructor and I spent a few years living the DZ life and still consider him a friend. I won't let someone smear his name who does not skydive anymore. Hans has made a decision and whether or not you agree with it or not so what. I don't agree with Cary and his decisions but I would have Hans back in any situation. Stay calm, don't have sleepless nights because there is a new drop zone that Cary is the benefactor. I think Hans runs a great drop zone, as he did at The Farm, and there maybe a change in Cary and the new DZ. Hans has a lot of friends and instead of smearing him on a public forum they should sit back, watch and see what happens.

B|

BillyVance

His name is mentioned in that same post.

Weren't there *two* guys behind Skyride?
What happened to the other one?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Billy you don't jump anymore anyways why don't you lay off the merger and and go be productive in life. Unimpressed

Young lady....just because someone was your instructor does not make him a "God"! Grow up, we have all had instructors. Cary and crew were and are slimy fucking dogs (everyone of them, I don't discriminate)! I've seen first hand the way they practice. I worked there. I've honestly never witnessed anything as ruthless as their tactics. DISGUSTING! Funny thing is, I was still there when Hans left to start up the Farm (all in the name of "he didn't want any part of the deception"). Now all the sudden when he needs something Cary and slim dog crew is ok? Well then...that just makes me a bit sad. I like Hans too but like I said this makes me a bit sick inside.
Let me also tell you this, I don't jump anymore either due to health issues but that doesn't make me less of a person than YOU!
Tami C.

Who said I don't jump anymore? No I haven't jumped much in a while due to family obligations. I just decided actual jumping wasn't a priority at the moment. I have not hung up the gear just yet.

You remember what the straw that broke the camel's back was? When Chris Martin, DZO of Skydive Tennessee in Tullahoma died, Cary had the phone number for that DZ transferred to Skyride by lying to the phone company. If he's willing to do that, he'll do about anything. >:(

Maybe it's time for Larry Hill to execute direct levy on his multiple judgments against this scumbag - and obtain attachment to the (now combined with Hans/SDtF?) business asset/receipts from these quite tangible/verifiable assets/revenue flow?

This is truly disconcerting on multiple levels to hear, if true - that Hans has really, actually now crawled into bed with this total SLIME OF THE EARTH!! [:/]

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Wow you did not just work there but posted "Announcements" of boogies there etc.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1129978;search_string=Atlanta%20Skydiving%20Center;#1129978

But you were being paid you needed the money so you did it. Pot meet kettle. Surf's Up Biotch....Back the FUCK UP!.....as they said in Arizona.

B|

Ashtanga

I hear you and your husband make great food never had the privilege to have it myself. Maybe someday. :)

I've enjoyed their delicious food over the years at many different DZs. Great stuff. :)

BillyVance

***I hear you and your husband make great food never had the privilege to have it myself. Maybe someday. :)

I've enjoyed their delicious food over the years at many different DZs. Great stuff. :)
Mmm... Bounce burgers.:)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

chuckakers

***Winning and collecting are worlds apart.

I doubt Larry's motive was to collect, rather just to shut down the unethical behavior.

Still - Would be nice to see him levy some serious attachment-type enforcement/collection action here somehow... Even if only to the effect of really F'ing up the doucebag's day. And who knows - if ever actually pursued - could possibly do maybe even a little more?

I am still totally shocked to hear that Hans has (apparently) somehow now, crawled back into bed with this slimeball? [:/]

Hans - you post on here (or at least you used to)... Care to speak up about this in any way, for yourself?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone