5 5
JerryBaumchen

Abortion Commentary

Recommended Posts

(edited)
12 hours ago, jakee said:
12 hours ago, Coreece said:

Fine, but what's the point?  I've always felt that the pro-choice movement (as well as the spirit of humanity/freedom) was more effective and better served by distancing itself from pro-abortion type arguments.  

Does that even matter?

Are we reading the same post?

 

12 hours ago, jakee said:

This isn’t a discussion about abortion anymore.

Then what was Jerry talking about when he said  he felt that the world is not really better because he's here?

 

Edited by Coreece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Are we reading the same post?

 

Then what was Jerry talking about when he said  he felt that the world is not really better because he's here?

My point was clear. Whether or not you think Jerry is making a convincing argument for abortion to be legal is irrelevant. The pro choice movement has already won the debate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks,

This is a somewhat long article to get to this part:  Her stance doesn't stem from her Roman Catholic beliefs, she explained, but from her love of life itself.

I say BullShit.  She is just another brain-washed victim of the Catholic Church.

Veterans worry about the erosion of their constitutional rights : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if rape victims haven't been traumetized enough, those vile "family values" people in  Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas want to force them to endure 9 months of pregnancy and then childbirth to give birth to their rapist's child.  Even if the raped girl is only 10 years old!

How can these vile people sleep at night?  Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kallend said:

Incredible cruelty from the "family values" folks.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/gop-gov-kristi-noem-says-204908393.html

Hi John,

She is setting a lot of what has been hard earned for women, back about 50 yrs.

IMO every woman in this country should be ashamed of her.

She is an insult to her sex.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kallend said:

As if rape victims haven't been traumetized enough, those vile "family values" people in  Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas want to force them to endure 9 months of pregnancy and then childbirth to give birth to their rapist's child.  Even if the raped girl is only 10 years old!

How can these vile people sleep at night?  Anyone?

The Christian Taliban only expects the law to apply to the proletariat. The politically/religiously powerful will still be able to get their kids whatever medical services they need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During oral arguments regarding the Mississippi abortion law at the SC, Justice Barrett suggested abolishing abortion wouldn't be a big deal because women could take advantage of "safe haven" laws and drop unwanted babies at fire stations, hospitals, etc.  I suggest that women drop their babies at the Supreme Court, if possible with a note to have them "delivered" to Barrett.  Maybe after the court has to deal with a few hundreds of thousands of babies they will start to realize the mess they have made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

I suggest that women drop their babies at the Supreme Court, if possible with a note to have them "delivered" to Barrett. 

They will become wise to this and immediately arrest said women as child endangerers.   That way they can say only criminals have a problem with the loss of their rights,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
23 minutes ago, billvon said:

They will become wise to this and immediately arrest said women as child endangerers.   That way they can say only criminals have a problem with the loss of their rights,

I don't know about that. I like Don's idea. But not just at the Court, why not put baby drop boxes in front of every Justice's home? Desperate times, and all. Importantly, a note should be attached to the nipper with their name. Baby Gorsuch, baby Barrett and so on.

Edited by JoeWeber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GeorgiaDon said:

During oral arguments regarding the Mississippi abortion law at the SC, Justice Barrett suggested abolishing abortion wouldn't be a big deal because women could take advantage of "safe haven" laws and drop unwanted babies at fire stations, hospitals, etc.  I suggest that women drop their babies at the Supreme Court, if possible with a note to have them "delivered" to Barrett.  Maybe after the court has to deal with a few hundreds of thousands of babies they will start to realize the mess they have made.

At first read I'd think that a statement like that should be checked out as it doesn't seem believable. But then it is the new USSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

I have often felt that the world is not really better because I'm here.

I enjoy reading your perspectives and thoughts on the things we discuss. In that way you make my world better. I am certain I am not alone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I enjoy reading your perspectives and thoughts on the things we discuss. In that way you make my world better. I am certain I am not alone.

You're not. I too enjoy Jerry's commentary but then I've always been a bit of a history buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You're not. I too enjoy Jerry's commentary but then I've always been a bit of a history buff.

Hi Joe,

OK, here goes:  Do you know what color pattern Pioneer Parachute Company offered the ParaCommander in when they offered the first color patterns other than the very first RWB ones?

Just a little history.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

OK, here goes:  Do you know what color pattern Pioneer Parachute Company offered the ParaCommander in when they offered the first color patterns other than the very first RWB ones?

Just a little history.

Jerry Baumchen

You got me there. I'll text Ken Jennings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Oh, for chrissake! Now the "pro-life" crowd is trying to redefine the word "abortion":

Well that's interesting.  Can we just "redefine" our way out of this mess?

Any termination in the first trimester (or before "quickening for the history buffs) is not an abortion.

Any termination necessary to protect the health of the "pregnant person" is not an abortion.

Any termination of a pregnancy that results from rape (I include incest under rape) is not an abortion.

etc etc etc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

 

Exactly.  And any termination for the mistress of a Republican senator is not an abortion.  Any termination for a white woman who "has her whole life ahead of her" is not an abortion.   Any termination for an abortion clinic picketer isn't an abortion, because her heart is in the right place.

But if she is an "inner city type" whose "baby daddy" has left her - THEN it's an unholy, sinful abortion.  And it's really black men to blame for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we all know, a ten year old was raped in Ohio, and had to be taken to Indiana to get a livesaving abortion.

The right wing has gone through two phases on this.

1) "It didn't happen."

Wall Street Journal: it's a "fanciful tale."
Dave Yost, Ohio Attorney General: there is "not a whisper" of evidence this happened.  (Keep in mind he is, in theory, the sort of person who is supposed to punish people for raping 10 year olds)
Rep Jim Jordan: "Another lie.  Anyone surprised?"
Republican Party Chair Alex Triantafilou: "A garbage lie that a simple google search confirms is debunked.”
State Rep. Brian Stewart on the story: he "wouldn’t trust an abortionist to tell me whether the sky is blue.”

Then the rapist was arrested.  This put Yost in a very difficult situation, since he would have to prosecute a man for a crime he said did not happen.  (A good lawyer could probably get the rapist off with such an approach.)  So Yost switched gears.  "My heart aches for the pain suffered by this young child," he said.  A reporter asked the obvious question - did he feel like he owed the family an apology for claiming it was a lie?  His answer - "Apologize for what?"

So with a rapist in custody it became hard to claim that it didn't happen.  So they switched their approach to:

2) Attack the doctor.  Specifically, Dr. Caitlin Bernard who performed the abortion.  Todd Rokita, AG for Indiana: "We have this abortion activist acting as a doctor with a history of failing to report . . .So we’re gathering the information. We’re gathering the evidence as we speak, and we’re going to fight this to the end, including looking at her licensure."  FOX then aired her picture and name, a tactic that worked well to get Dr. George Tiller assassinated in 2009.

Rokita went on to say "If so-called doctors are covering up child rape, they need to be prosecuted!"  Ironic indeed that it was his party that was covering up the rape.  I have a feeling he won't demand that Dave Yost be prosecuted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

5 5