5 5
JerryBaumchen

Abortion Commentary

1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

Marials?

"Marials" is a silly word that I invented to mean "marriage ritual" or "wedding ceremony" or "handfasting rite," etc. but rhymes with "burials" or "funerals" of "end of life celebrations."

Call it poetic license.

10 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

"Marials" is a silly word that I invented to mean "marriage ritual" or "wedding ceremony" or "handfasting rite," etc. but rhymes with "burials" or "funerals" of "end of life celebrations."

Call it poetic license.

I'd call it a fuck up. Now the 'splaination is some first class poetic license.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, jakee said:

I like it. If English had any rules, it would make sense.

The problem is that English has two sets of rules and two or more sets of vocabulary. 49 percent of modern English vocabulary has French origins while much of the rest has Germanic origins.

Celts, Picts, Gauls, Bretons, etc. were largely shoved aside when Romans invaded the British Isles around the time of Jesus Christ. When they Romans left a bout 400 years later, a series of waves of Germanic-speaking Angles, Saxons and Jutes invaded. Starting around 800 years after Christ a cold snap (see Little Ice Age or Younger Dryas) encouraged Vikings to seek warmer climates in the British Isles. In 1066, a bunch of French nobleman replaced the earlier British Kings. In 1066, William the Conqueror brought a Norman dialect of the French language. Mind you, William the Conqueror was a fifth-generation of a character called Rollo The Viking, so Norman French had been influenced by North German Viking dialects. French remained the language in the royal court for many more centuries even though most peasants only spoke an early dialect of German. Then after Shakespeare's time, the Great Vowel shift erased many of the Bard's raunchier jokes and hopelessly confused English spellings.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Jokes are so much funnier when they’re explained in painstaking detail.

I have to re-explain that to my wife on an almost weekly basis, but she still doesn't think they're funnier after.....

Back to insanity, here is a draft of North Carolina House Bill 158. It would grant personhood at the moment of fertilization, to wit : "It is a matter of indisputable scientific fact that a distinct and separate human life begins at the moment of fertilization." (for the scientifically illiterate here).

And, even better for society, provides that: "Any person has the right to defend his or her own life or the life of another person, even by the use of deadly force if necessary, from willful destruction by another person."  On passage each and every previously fertilized person shall have the absolute legal right to kill any other previously fertilized person found to be complicit, and just a good guess will be sufficient, in the act of de-fertilizing any suspected fertilization. For this quiz there will not be a bonus for guessing the political party of the authors.

H158v1.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Back to insanity, here is a draft of North Carolina House Bill 158. It would grant personhood at the moment of fertilization, to wit : "It is a matter of indisputable scientific fact that a distinct and separate human life begins at the moment of fertilization." (for the scientifically illiterate here).

And, even better for society, provides that: "Any person has the right to defend his or her own life or the life of another person, even by the use of deadly force if necessary, from willful destruction by another person."  On passage each and every previously fertilized person shall have the absolute legal right to kill any other previously fertilized person found to be complicit, and just a good guess will be sufficient, in the act of de-fertilizing any suspected fertilization. For this quiz there will not be a bonus for guessing the political party of the authors.

H158v1.pdf 17.61 kB · 1 download

I guess if the goal is to stop abortions, letting OB's know that rednecks have the right to off them is one effective approach...Should we raffle off guesses on how long before somebody gets killed over this?  Split the pot with Planned Parenthood?

15 minutes ago, lippy said:

I guess if the goal is to stop abortions, letting OB's know that rednecks have the right to off them is one effective approach...Should we raffle off guesses on how long before somebody gets killed over this?  Split the pot with Planned Parenthood?

No split, then we might get offed. We need to have a gun category. I’m guessing Glock thinking that purists will reserve AR-15’s for school shootings.

This reminds me of my buddy J.P. who used to work as a body guard for the busiest abortionist in Vancouver. The doctor was 60-something years old and could not run because he lost a chunk of leg muscle during an earlier assassination attempt.

Sorry folks, but I believe there need to be limits on public protests.

Anti-abortion protesters need to stand "X" number of yards (meters in Canada) from abortion clinics. They should stand far enough back that they can be seen, but maybe not heard. Patients entering abortion clinics are stressed enough already. To much more stress might push them into a spontaneous miss-carriage. How would anti-abortion protesters feel about that sad train of events??????????

Wounding or killing abortion clinic staff is a SIN ... and should be punished by jail time.

On the same note, protests outside the houses of public officials should be banned because they need a good night's sleep to allow them to think clearly while making public decisions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Anti-abortion protesters need to stand "X" number of yards (meters in Canada) from abortion clinics. They should stand far enough back that they can be seen, but maybe not heard. Patients entering abortion clinics are stressed enough already. To much more stress might push them into a spontaneous miss-carriage. How would anti-abortion protesters feel about that sad train of events?

Although they should also be allowed to approach when the protesters need THEIR abortions.  Then they can go right back to protesting.

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

H158v1.pdf 17.61 kB · 1 download

OK, so in order to protect the life of the mother, US-citizens are now allowed to shoot anti-abortion oriented politicians and "power brokers" (for want of a beeter word)?

That's an unexpected turn for the good.

58 minutes ago, Baksteen said:

OK, so in order to protect the life of the mother, US-citizens are now allowed to shoot anti-abortion oriented politicians and "power brokers" (for want of a beeter word)?

That's an unexpected turn for the good.

I suppose the upshot is that a protester can shoot an abortion doc, a security guard can shoot the protester and another protester can shoot the security guard and no one has done anything wrong.

Truly it is the American Dream.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 4:46 AM, ryoder said:

Oh, for chrissake! Now the "pro-life" crowd is trying to redefine the word "abortion":

Maybe those people don't feel that a case meets definition criteria and also believe that this feeling entitles some legal exception. Y'know, like the definition of 'woman'. Curiously since the Roe v Wade topic resurfaced almost every progressive now seems to be quite sure what women (and women's legal rights) are. Welcome aboard.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The “pro-choice” side has already done it.  Abortion is now called “reproductive health care”. Orwell would be proud.

Abortion is a part of reproductive health care. Any attempt to redefine it as something else would be Political Correctness gone mad.

• Like 3

(edited)
3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That doesn't redefine the word abortion.

Calling a shapeless cluster of cells a ‘baby’ or ‘person’ is redefining the language. 

Edited by kallend
Fingers bigger than touch screen.
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, kallend said:

Calling a shapeless cluster of cells a ‘baby’ or ‘person’ is redefining the language. 

Assuming personhood at conception is all mixed up with predestination and a soul; these are fairly Christian beliefs, although the majority of the countries with restrictions on abortion (https://time.com/6173229/countries-abortion-illegal-restrictions/) are actually former colonies, not the former colonists.

Wendy P.