wmw999

Yesterday’s entertainment

I’m visiting a friend right now, and I usually help her with one of her many projects while I do (I actually enjoy that kind of thing up to a point — you have a day or two of hard work, lots of gratitude, and you’ll never have to deal with it again).

Well, this time it’s diving post holes with an auger for her pole bean garden. The field is really uneven, making rolling the auger even more challenging. The sucker weighs in the hundreds of pounds, and even with both of us rolling it we had to do some bumps a wheel at a time.

The plan was to make 20 holes and fill them with posts and concrete them in. So far we’ve finished 5.

BUT: we are two 67-year-old ladies. For us, it’s emphatically a 2-person job. And job well done so far — I’m happy. I know how to use a new tool, and next time I come I can admire her garden.

But I’ll probably suggest a less aggressive project the next time ^.^.

Wendy P. 

(edited)
On 5/15/2022 at 8:00 AM, wmw999 said:

I’m visiting a friend right now, and I usually help her with one of her many projects while I do (I actually enjoy that kind of thing up to a point — you have a day or two of hard work, lots of gratitude, and you’ll never have to deal with it again).

Well, this time it’s diving post holes with an auger for her pole bean garden. The field is really uneven, making rolling the auger even more challenging. The sucker weighs in the hundreds of pounds, and even with both of us rolling it we had to do some bumps a wheel at a time.

The plan was to make 20 holes and fill them with posts and concrete them in. So far we’ve finished 5.

BUT: we are two 67-year-old ladies. For us, it’s emphatically a 2-person job. And job well done so far — I’m happy. I know how to use a new tool, and next time I come I can admire her garden.

But I’ll probably suggest a less aggressive project the next time ^.^.

Wendy P. 

That type of project is when a rental tractor with a 3 point hitch and a PTO auger pays dividends. Wrists are way way more expensive to the wallet than an equipment rental ever could be!

Edited by DougH