3 3
Fredmijokish

judge logbook

On 5/14/2022 at 4:48 AM, wmw999 said:

I’m assuming you mean the handbook. For the US, it’s probably on the USPA website. USPA.org

Wendy P. 

Maybe not... they might actually be looking for a logbook for judging. If so, I am guessing it might be a hard thing to find something prepared for that purpose.

"Judge Logbooks

Each Judge is required to maintain a logbook, in which is recorded the judging activity of the Judge concerned, together with details of the class of competition judged as well as details of any judging positions held (Principle, Event, Chief or Chief of Judge Training). Each entry recording competition judging activity must contain at least the following information: date of competition, name of competition, name of CJ, location, function, discipline(s) judged, and the number of jumps/performances actually judged in each discipline.  

The results (including written and practical test scores achieved) together with the location, discipline(s) and the number of all jumps/performances judged for all re-evaluations and/or training courses taken must be recorded in the same logbook and must be signed by the Chief of Judge Training.    

The required personal data includes, at a minimum: full name, a passport sized photograph, country of residence and NAC.  

The Chief Judge at each competition should sign for the authenticity and correctness of the activity recorded in the logbook.  The Chief Judge may have his logbook signed by any Principal Judge, the Meet Director or the Organizer.  

Note: At the International FAI level, the Sporting Code, Section 5 requires that all entries in a judge’s logbook be in English."

• Like 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, IanHarrop said:

Maybe not... they might actually be looking for a logbook for judging. If so, I am guessing it might be a hard thing to find something prepared for that purpose...

(lots of details about judge logbooks removed)

Finding one that's already setup for that might be difficult (or impossible).

Finding on that will work well shouldn't be.

I would think a 'bound' book would be best. One where the pages are permanently installed, as opposed to easily removable or easily replaceable (spiral notebook or three ring binder respectively).

Put the personal info (and pic) inside the front cover. Maybe put tabs in various places for 'sections', such as ongoing training, competitions of various sorts, that sort of thing.

The rest of it could just be written out as described above. 

A quick search found there are lots of choices for blank books:
https://www.google.com/search?q=blank+bound+book&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS910US910&oq=blank+bound+book&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30l2j0i15i22i30j0i22i30l4j0i15i22i30j0i390.13521j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edit to add:

A custom printed bound book, having the pages printed with forms that would be filled in with all of the above info, wouldn't be terribly expensive. 
Maybe more than the OP is willing to spend, and maybe creating the forms is more work than the OP is willing to go to.
But it's another thought.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

Sorry for the late reply.  You should have been sent one when you got an initial judge's rating.  If you already have a judge's rating but never received a log book, contact the USPA Competition Committee (competition[at]uspa.org).  They should be able to get you sorted out.

• Like 2