2 2
billvon

Republican plans for the US

On 5/12/2022 at 7:07 AM, gowlerk said:

You keep losing because you have a power structure that favours rural people over those who live in more populated areas. Without all those small state Senators you would not have all those right wing Justices. And without the Electoral College you would elect a POTUS with a minority of votes. Those things will not change without revolution.

Well, we have a constitution written by, for and on behalf of wealthy white landowners and slaveowners.  We get the results you would expect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Catastrophe now defines the mission field paradigm. 

President Trump allowed the nation to see just how dirty, despicable and criminal the Democrats are.

After the:

-attempted Jan 6th insurrection spurred on by Trump and his lieutenants
-the most criminal administration in US history
-the most dishonest adminstration in US history
-all the electoral fraud traced to prominent republicans
-the republican's sheltering of accused pedophiles and rapists
-the republican's support for pedophile pimps

I'd say the opposite was true.

And they haven't improved.  Now they are burning books, cancelling Disney and trying to cancel history.  Radical MAGA types are even going out and killing blacks in mass shootings to push their white-supremacist agenda.

Keep in mind that even Trump himself said that if he lost to Joe Biden he should hang it up.  He did indeed lose - which is a testament to how deplorable the republicans are.  They're so bad that even Joe Biden looks significantly better.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:49 AM, wmw999 said:

Ron, this is a temporal country and time; its structure must be changed if it is to become a godly or Christian one. That temporal nature is in its founding document, and it’s also innate in that it is of this world.

Do you honestly believe that the US needs to end? And be replaced with what? A theistic autocracy? What happens when that autocrat takes it upon himself (or herself) to be the sole interpreter of God’s world, and then begins to carefully select the passages quoted to support a direction that makes many uncomfortable. Maybe a return to slavery (after all, it’s in the Bible). Or mandatory modest dress for women.

It wouldn’t start with something unacceptable to the zealous followers; just something unacceptable to people they don’t really care about.

If you do, in fact, wish to live in a theocracy, it’s up to you to build that in your local community (which it sounds like you have done), and make clear its distinction from the tradition that all men are equal under the eyes of God. That, in fact, some are more equal, and are the only ones that should be paid attention to.

Wendy P. 

The theocratic government will be established by and through Jesus Christ following the second advent and His defeat of His enemies. Read Revelation, Daniel, Ezekial.

22 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You actually believe that bullshit, don't you?

Not going to parse it completely, but to pretend that the Democrats are 'dirty, despicable and criminal' while the Republicans are the 'best political course' is just plain silly.

And, of course, you believe that "SHTF" is just around the corner...

Again.

"I would be paranoid less if I was wrong more." ~ Barry Chase, Fmr USPA Dir.

20 hours ago, billvon said:

After the:

-attempted Jan 6th insurrection spurred on by Trump and his lieutenants
-the most criminal administration in US history
-the most dishonest adminstration in US history
-all the electoral fraud traced to prominent republicans
-the republican's sheltering of accused pedophiles and rapists
-the republican's support for pedophile pimps

I'd say the opposite was true.

And they haven't improved.  Now they are burning books, cancelling Disney and trying to cancel history.  Radical MAGA types are even going out and killing blacks in mass shootings to push their white-supremacist agenda.

Keep in mind that even Trump himself said that if he lost to Joe Biden he should hang it up.  He did indeed lose - which is a testament to how deplorable the republicans are.  They're so bad that even Joe Biden looks significantly better.

Republicans don't fight the Christians, Democrats do.

1 minute ago, RonD1120 said:

Republicans don't fight the Christians, Democrats do.

Democrats fight for the US Constitution; republicans oppose it.  (Trump called parts of it "fake" and proposed ending the freedom of the press, for example.)  Would you support a Christian theocracy over the United States Constitution?

22 minutes ago, billvon said:

Democrats fight for the US Constitution; republicans oppose it.  (Trump called parts of it "fake" and proposed ending the freedom of the press, for example.)  Would you support a Christian theocracy over the United States Constitution?

Hi Bill,

I think the answer is obvious.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

"I would be paranoid less if I was wrong more." ~ Barry Chase, Fmr USPA Dir.

You've been predicting "SHTF" for as long as either you or I have been on here (not sure who was here first).

It has yet to appear.

I was somewhat expecting it to happen back in Spring 2020.
Once I realized that the supply chain was functioning properly (more or less), I stopped worrying about it.

On 5/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, RonD1120 said:

President Trump allowed the nation to see just how dirty, despicable and criminal the Democrats are.

You do realise Trump is a Republican?

Christians are now becoming the QRF for the suffering both in our nation and abroad.

True Christians like Obama and Biden are indeed doing that. Much better than pretenders like Trump who pretty much never set foot in a church his entire adult life before he hit the campaign trail.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

No, that is just silly.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I can just imagine how the Trumpettes are going to have a field day with this one:  she will become the first openly lesbian governor in the United States

Tina Kotek's win comes amid a wave of LGBTQ candidates running for office : NPR

Let the hair pulling begin.

Jerry Baumchen

And those of us here in CO are just saying: So what's the big deal? :tongue:

24 minutes ago, ryoder said:

And those of us here in CO are just saying: So what's the big deal? :tongue:

Hi Robert,

And another thing that will get the R's pulling their hair:  History in the making: 3 women vie for Oregon governor

Pamplin Media Group - History in the making: 3 women vie for Oregon governor

No man will be on the ballot come November.

Jerry Baumchen

Trump-backed Michigan secretary of state nominee said abortion is ‘child sacrifice’

Then she went on to say "she said humans have sacrificed other humans, including their own children, for “thousands of years, just packaged differently.”

“[People] were sacrificing them to these deities, which were really demons,” she said.

Karamo went on to say in a later episode of her podcast reviewed by CNN’s KFile that demonic possession is real and can be transmitted through “intimate relationships.”

“If a person has demonic possession — I know it’s gonna sound really crazy to me saying that for some people, thinking like what?!” Karamo said in September 2020. “But having intimate relationships with people who are demonically possessed or oppressed — I strongly believe that a person opens themselves up to possession. Demonic possession is real.”

trump, he sure knows how to pick winners.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Awesome. Another magic to believe in. I would prefer more Rastafarianism myself. Rastas know how to deal with their Demons.

I'm still having a hard time believing in the magic of "Trickle-down economics".

(edited)
6 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think I'd be more willing to believe "Demonic Obsession".

Wasn’t that what Mrs Jones had ? If I recall correctly, the movie was called Devil in Miss Jones. 

I hope she feels better now. 

Edited by piisfish