2 2
billvon

Republican plans for the US

The republicans are salivating over winning back one or both houses of congress in November.  So what are they planning to do?  Rick Scott recently unveiled his plan of action if they win back control.  Key provisions:

-Raise taxes on the poorest Americans so they would have "skin in the game."  Keep taxes the same on the rich.

-Cut IRS funding by 50%.  (Too many audits of rich people lately I imagine.)

-Abolish the Department of Education.

-Force all school children to stand for the National Anthem and to "honor" the flag, and "teach our children to love America." 

-Allow "ZERO diversity training” in the US military.

-“Strict” mandatory minimum sentences would be required in every case in which a police officer is seriously injured.  One wonders if there will be an exception for the Jan 6th "legitimate political discourse" people.

-Ban same day voter registration.

-No government recognition of any gender other than birth-certificate gender.

-No tax dollars for “diversity training" of any sort.  Presumably this would, for example, prohibit DEI programs at any school, company or charity.

-"The weather is always changing . . .We will not adopt nutty policies that harm our economy or our jobs."  So official government rejection of the science of climate change.

At least they're honest about what they are planning.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

The republicans are salivating over winning back one or both houses of congress in November.  So what are they planning to do?  Rick Scott recently unveiled his plan of action if they win back control.  Key provisions:

-Raise taxes on the poorest Americans so they would have "skin in the game."  Keep taxes the same on the rich.

-Cut IRS funding by 50%.  (Too many audits of rich people lately I imagine.)

-Abolish the Department of Education.

-Force all school children to stand for the National Anthem and to "honor" the flag, and "teach our children to love America." 

-Allow "ZERO diversity training” in the US military.

-“Strict” mandatory minimum sentences would be required in every case in which a police officer is seriously injured.  One wonders if there will be an exception for the Jan 6th "legitimate political discourse" people.

-Ban same day voter registration.

-No government recognition of any gender other than birth-certificate gender.

-No tax dollars for “diversity training" of any sort.  Presumably this would, for example, prohibit DEI programs at any school, company or charity.

-"The weather is always changing . . .We will not adopt nutty policies that harm our economy or our jobs."  So official government rejection of the science of climate change.

At least they're honest about what they are planning.

Hence, why I've said some people are dangerous. Until and unless those in opposition are willing and able to speak out, no matter the forum, against any and all who support this likely future we have no chance. Right now we're competing with each other, like dogs, over the orts. We have less than 5 months until control of the next several decades is decided and we are more concerned over appearances than winning. No wonder we keep losing.

(edited)
7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

No wonder we keep losing.

You keep losing because you have a power structure that favours rural people over those who live in more populated areas. Without all those small state Senators you would not have all those right wing Justices. And without the Electoral College you would elect a POTUS with a minority of votes. Those things will not change without revolution.

Edited by gowlerk

33 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You keep losing because you have a power structure that favours rural people over those who live in more populated areas. Without all those small state Senators you would not have all those right wing Justices. And without the Electoral College you would elect a POTUS with a minority of votes. Those things will not change without revolution.

Yes. and gerrymandering. The GOP realized this 25 years ago but there is some sort of cognitive hangup by democrats to act on this. So lobbying plus vote suppression combined with your aforementioned points equals the status quo.

Insert Bill's quote as to what Rick Scott is going to give to America. America rule of the many by the Christian, rural minority and some sizeable lobby money.

I think Rick Scott missed national open carry laws, enshrinement of Christian values in schools and legislation....

And 250 years ago when this was all conceived, that rural/urban split made more sense when the vast majority of the country's population lived in rural areas. Now, not so much. If the founding fathers were conceiving a national structure today, what would they come up with?

Wendy P.

16 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

And 250 years ago when this was all conceived, that rural/urban split made more sense when the vast majority of the country's population lived in rural areas. Now, not so much. If the founding fathers were conceiving a national structure today, what would they come up with?

Wendy P.

The purpose was to give disproportionate representation to the slave-owning states so they prevent slavery from being abolished. The fact that the slave-owning states were more rural was just coincidental.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

The adding of comparatively underpopulated western states was done in a way partially designed to maintain this advantage. And it has roots not so much in religion as culture and race relations. The founding fathers made the compromises they needed to to get 13 colonies on board. If there was a do over today there would also need to be compromises to get 50 States on board. No one gives up power willingly just in the name of fairness.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

One dollar, one vote.

I just found his "11-point plan," and all I can say is, Wow.

https://rescueamerica.com/11-point-plan/

There is just too much bullshit in both premise and goals to know where to begin. Just one example:

We will protect the integrity of American Democracy and stop left-wing efforts to rig elections.

Today’s Democrat Party is trying to rig elections and pack the courts because they have given up on Democracy. They don’t believe they can win based on their ideas, so they want to game the system and legalize voter fraud to stay in power. In true Orwellian fashion, Democrats refer to their election rigging plans as “voting rights”. We won’t allow the radical left to destroy our democracy by institutionalizing dishonesty and fraud.

I think someone needs a cognitive function test.  Or a drug test.  Or both.

2 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

I just found his "11-point plan," and all I can say is, Wow.

https://rescueamerica.com/11-point-plan/

There is just too much bullshit in both premise and goals to know where to begin. Just one example:

I think someone needs a cognitive function test.  Or a drug test.  Or both.

You're right. But I fear that someone is us. That is nothing more than a template of their winning strategy. Vilify, vilify and then vilify some more and, critically, stay cohesive and on message. They speak to their voters, we talk past each other. Consider Alito's draft decision. Biden should be on TV forcefully rebuking the decision and promising America that Democrats won't let it stand if we win in November. Rinse, wash and then repeat again.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

You're right. But I fear that someone is us. That is nothing more than a template of their winning strategy. Vilify, vilify and then vilify some more and, critically, stay cohesive and on message. They speak to their voters, we talk past each other. Consider Alito's draft decision. Biden should be on TV forcefully rebuking the decision and promising America that Democrats won't let it stand if we win in November. Rinse, wash and then repeat again.

Hey, Joe,

RE the highlighted portion of your reply -- agreed.  But it's just sad that the is level of gaslighting will likely succeed.  9_9

So much of this is evidence that many people seem to believe that they, personally, have to be convinced of something for it to pass. And when they have friends, that means they can’t be convinced. Yes, some animals are more equal than others  

Wendy P. 

9 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

image.png.2dcb8957f402befcc583d1a00021e407.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I am one of the "poor Americans" and I vote Republican because it is the best choice for what is right.

FIFY

I am one of the "poor Americans" and I vote Republican because it is the best choice for what is right for me.

53 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I am one of the "poor Americans" and I vote Republican because it is the best choice for what is right.

I am registered Republican and have voted Republican and Democrat but sometimes I can't bring my self to support either candidate.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

I am registered Republican and have voted Republican and Democrat but sometimes I can't bring my self to support either candidate.

And if you don't get what you wanted for Christmas do you break all of the toys or just make the best of it?

Edited by JoeWeber

Catastrophe now defines the mission field paradigm. 

President Trump allowed the nation to see just how dirty, despicable and criminal the Democrats are. Republicans are not pure, but they are the best political course available at this time.

We must cease living with good things and learn how to live with the bad things. We are plunging into the depths of a misery not known before in our lifetimes.

Christians are now becoming the QRF for the suffering both in our nation and abroad.

(edited)
58 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Christians are now becoming the QRF for the suffering both in our nation and abroad.

Christians will get their reward in the Kingdom to come. This world is not for you, it is for those like me.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

President Trump allowed the nation to see just how dirty, despicable and criminal the Democrats are. Republicans are not pure, but they are the best political course available at this time.

We must cease living with good things and learn how to live with the bad things. We are plunging into the depths of a misery not known before in our lifetimes.

Ron, this is a temporal country and time; its structure must be changed if it is to become a godly or Christian one. That temporal nature is in its founding document, and it’s also innate in that it is of this world.

Do you honestly believe that the US needs to end? And be replaced with what? A theistic autocracy? What happens when that autocrat takes it upon himself (or herself) to be the sole interpreter of God’s world, and then begins to carefully select the passages quoted to support a direction that makes many uncomfortable. Maybe a return to slavery (after all, it’s in the Bible). Or mandatory modest dress for women.

It wouldn’t start with something unacceptable to the zealous followers; just something unacceptable to people they don’t really care about.

If you do, in fact, wish to live in a theocracy, it’s up to you to build that in your local community (which it sounds like you have done), and make clear its distinction from the tradition that all men are equal under the eyes of God. That, in fact, some are more equal, and are the only ones that should be paid attention to.

Wendy P. 

7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You actually believe that bullshit, don't you?

Not going to parse it completely, but to pretend that the Democrats are 'dirty, despicable and criminal' while the Republicans are the 'best political course' is just plain silly.

And, of course, you believe that "SHTF" is just around the corner...

Again.

• Like 1