Scrumpot

Tandem Passengers Association of Victoria (Australia)

I've seen this (supposed) Organization's name recently invoked in the Incidents Forums. Their president posting in there, information about which Australia DZ's they either "endorse" or do not "endorse".

This has now gotten me seeking more information about this Organization.
Doing Google, Yahoo & Bing Searches brings up no result, or provides any additional information. Is there a resource perhaps that is proprietary to Australia, whereby I could access and gain more insight / direct information about this "Association"?

- Are they a Division Maybe of the Australian Parachute Federation?
- Some sort of other possible sort of (new?) Australian Government Department maybe?
- Non-Government Consumer Group or Collective?
- Are they "Regulatory" in some way, manner or fashion?

It seems anyway, that is at least the impression - that they are either a governing or regulating body of some sort - as they are looking to be made in recent posts taking place now, within our forums here.

So any additional insight - or validated information, or source to even myself be able to independently research & validate any actual CREDENTIALS of this (apparently new) organization - would be most greatly appreciated.

Their president does not seem to want to provide this information him/herself, and has not responded to direct inquiries about them - so I thought I would ask if all y'all out here if perhaps now then ...any of you may actually know?

TIA, and BLUE SKIES!
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

IanHarrop

Or someone just throwing out crap. Read his profile "gregpso wrote on 2013-07-19 : banned at nagambie this means war"

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=gregpso;

Interesting. Thanks Ian. I will look through all that. Anything or any sources or resources though - outside of here (Dropzone.com) that might be considered INDEPENDENT - for purposes of validating any ACTUAL CREDENTIALS that may exist, of this now clearly being claimed within here - president of this Association?

Scrumpot

***Or someone just throwing out crap. Read his profile "gregpso wrote on 2013-07-19 : banned at nagambie this means war"

Interesting. Thanks Ian. I will look through all that. Anything or any sources or resources though - outside of here (Dropzone.com) that might be considered INDEPENDENT - for purposes of validating any ACTUAL CREDENTIALS that may exist, of this now clearly being claimed within here - president of this Association?

I am President of the Andy Association. I'm also every other officer and Board Member.
Credentials, you say? I'm the chairman of the Credentials Committee.

Greg is nuts. He's the Mad Hatter AND the White Queen. If you waste another minute of your time on his side of The Looking Glass, that's on you.

Andy - Why can't I message you? That's a pain.

How long have I been around these boards here?
Let me "bait" this one out a bit more and have at least a little "fun" during my winter shut-in months here, won't you??

Either that, or - we can make this thread more purpose-based and call for this complete DOUCHE "Gregpso" (that he CLEARLY is)... to be BANNED from here, for totally CROSSING THE LINE, in trying to invoke some sort of totally PHONY - yet purporting to be somehow, "authoritative" credentials on here. ...and - - - Within Topical Forums (claiming such in "incidents"? >:() to boot!!

Seriously. - How many Australian newbies might ever read such, if it is just otherwise allowed to be by (us old timers) just passed off as ol' crazy douchebag... As being authoritative in some way?

I'm sorry, but your joke notwithstanding - claiming position of "authority" as such - and then further stating that your organization "Association" has either endorsed or not endorsed certain centers ...and that being allowed to just stand / remain on here, I think now - is CROSSING THE LINE.

Scrumpot

***Or someone just throwing out crap. Read his profile "gregpso wrote on 2013-07-19 : banned at nagambie this means war"

As posted by Mr. Crazy himself:

As unoffical and self proclaimed president of the Tandem passengers Association of Victoria (australia).. done 19 tandems as a passenger (Do not even ask) .. for once I am lost for words.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4321643 - post #49

Thanks Yoink... Yeah, I suppose that anyone with real longevity here, and an inclination to go searching, can probably dig around to find things like this as you have, right in here. My concern though now is less so for that profile, than the eager "newbie" who may be scouring these forums (and topical ones especially - like incidents!) to try and learn from them & see his proclamations (escalating even it seems to be much less "self-proclaimed" i.e. "BS Evident"!!) as this latest one he now so directly and unabashedly, did.

I know it's gone now... But did you see it? There was no "self proclaimed" disclaimer about it! Nope. This time / now he is (was) stating it, as if with real force of some sort of authority, that (paraphrase): "As president of the Tandem Passenger Association of Australia - I regularly see XX Dropzone routinely practicing the correct safety protocols, where others may not. ...This is why we reccommend only the following 2..." etc. - or something like that.

No "Self-Proclaimed" (this is meaningless) tags or disclaimers about it!!
And that - to me, is most definitely herein now - CROSSING THE LINE! >:(

Perspective of a noob Aussie AFF student:
His "presidency" is almost amusing to me since I also read an Aussie skydive forum where his behaviour is highly visible. Its not that hard to track his history and his behaviour, despite user name changes. Reading other people's responses to his posts, and at many times the lack thereof, has been telling. Recognised him here from some of the content of his profile and background story in both places. Was all too familiar...
Some of the comments here have me chuckling.

That said, as to concerns over how newbies coming across posts from that username go, personally I prefer to learn from my AFFI and oh, actual skydivers, to verify what they say in forums or books, with my AFFI before taking anything onboard. Aside from having that preference, my AFFI told me that's how its gonna work with me being his student, and he was really clear on that.
I hope other newbies and AFFIs take a similar view, doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude it might save all kinds of confusion and potentially students ending up on the incidents board as a result of acting on bad or inappropriate information. Just my two cents worth, as a student...

nigel99

It's the Australian branch of Citizens for Quiet Skies.:D

Also affiliated to The Flat Earth Society, The Monster Raving Looney Party, and a pressure group advocating cheese mining on the moon.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I find it rather ironic that the self-proclaimed "President" of this so-called "Association" (that seems to have a total membership of one) is recommending DZs that he was perma-banned from.

He was perma-banned for claiming that the lack of Skyhooks in their student gear was putting their students at a risk that was criminally negligent.

So he's touting the safety of DZs that he accused of risking student's lives.

To call him what he really is would risk being banned for a Personal Attack.
But I'd like to see him perma-banned from here.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just worth a little reminder "bump" to/for any of our newbie friends who may be reading in Australia, that...

the Tandem Passengers Association of Victoria (Australia) *IS NOT REAL, VALID OR "LEGITIMATE" in ANY way, fashion, or form!!

Your friendly reminder PSA for the day.
You're welcome.

Blue Skies!