BobxMarley

Tracking in Stand

I've been focusing a lot of my time on tracking/angle lately. I've been seeing more and more videos of groups angle tracking in a stand fly position. The part I never see is how they exited and/or transitioned into the standing track. I would love some information and/or video explaining how to go about practicing this. Obviously, coaching is going to be my next step. But, I'd love to start gathering information now.

Also, if you have recommendations on experience prior to experimenting with a standing track, that would be great.

Thanks in advanced.
Klaasic

The part I never see is how they exited and/or transitioned into the standing track.

It seems that how you exit does not matter as much. The enclosed video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caFJxmJzITY) shows transitions and flying style that you are interested in (1:34). The level of flying in the enclosed video shows pretty well free flying proficiency that is required. Tunnel time and good coaching will get you there sooner :).
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Stephen Hawking

Yeaaaaaah! That's exactly what I'm talking about. That type of flight is so incredibly dynamic, it's hard for me to even wrap my head around it. Very alluring. Thanks for sharing that video. It has definitely sparked some thought in the ol' mindbox.
Klaasic

yoink

******Got a link to a video?

Tracking in a stand seems oxymoronic to me...

You see it in angle/atmo/flocking jumps.

Only very vertical ones, I'd imagine. :ph34r:

It's not my kind of flying, but having seen Craig Girard keep up with a jumper at track off, with a slide slide, I wont underestimate the skills of much better jumpers than me! :D
Remster