mcordell

Scam buyer

Watch out for a buyer with the username Scoutwarren. He contacted me to custom order a wings container and wanted to send payment without customizing a container, selecting options, giving measurements, or doing anything on the order form. I have no doubt this is a scam.

scoutwarren

Am okay with the price....Can you provide your Paypal information and your pickup address to book shipping before making the payment for you because i will arrange for the shipper that will come for the pickup. Get back to me

me

I do not do pickup orders for customers outside the dropzones I service. I'd be happy to ship to you but an order form with measurements, color selection, and address is required before payment.

Mike Cordell
Flint Hills Rigging
FAA Senior Rigger
Authorized Dealer
Wings, Tony Suits, Parachute Systems
316-300-7272

scoutwarren

I can only do pickup

me

Good luck in your endeavors

I didn't realize the scammer were starting to use paypal. Not sure how they do that since the money orders they send are fake. How are they making payment that's no good through paypal?

Either way, hope this helps to keep someone from getting scammed
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

What the fuck does "I can only do pickup" mean?!? Is he a fugitive from the FBI? Next thing you know, he can only do pick-ups at a gas station of his choice that will be said to you once you're already in the car. LoL.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

poowS

***Watch out for a buyer with the username Scoutwarren.

Just a wild guess here, but wouldn't this be better situated in the "Security and Scam Alerts" section?

Indeed it would...can you post there? The button is greyed out for me so I can't post there. I assume it's locked for moderators to post only

mcordell

I didn't realize the scammer were starting to use paypal. Not sure how they do that since the money orders they send are fake. How are they making payment that's no good through paypal?

They send you an e-mail from an address that looks like paypal's
(@paypal-international.com for example) with a "user XXX has made a payment to you" type content.

The payment is for more than the price of the shit you sell, they said it was an error and if you can please give the money to the courier before collection. The courier contacts you and asks to be paid via Western Union or something like that before collection.

If they ask for pickup, what they do is pay by paypal but with a hacked account. Then they pick it up or send a courrier. When the real owner sees the transaction after a week or so he will most probably contest it and you'll have to pay back.
And if you didn't send it by postal or UPS with tracking number and receipt, the paypal guarantee isn't paying your damage.
So if he wants to pick it up it's cash or our friends from the PD waiting here so we can check if both ID's are the same

GoneCodFishing

They send you an e-mail from an address that looks like paypal's
(@paypal-international.com for example) with a "user XXX has made a payment to you" type content.

The payment is for more than the price of the shit you sell, they said it was an error and if you can please give the money to the courier before collection. The courier contacts you and asks to be paid via Western Union or something like that before collection.
R&D Firebird USA
Skyventure Arizona Instructor
Eloy, AZ

And for the scam they get a couple of canopies or a container they can't even choose the colours for? :S

These guys are after money, and this scam using the fake paypal e-mails have been around for a while. They wouldn't pickup themselves, they are in Nigeria or thereabouts. They will tell you they will, then they tell you they'll send a courier, then the courier will ask for money.

Give them a go to play with them. Set up an e-mail and tell them to pay into that via Paypal. You'll see how it all goes.

asphaltpussy

So if he wants to pick it up it's cash or our friends from the PD waiting here so we can check if both ID's are the same

That's me too. Gear sales isn't my only income. I wonder if they would even stop with my sheriff tahoe parked in the driveway...

I received an email from that potential buyer as well this week. Certainly seems like a scam, since he didn't ask for any more info. on the gear, didn't care to see any more pics of it, terrible grammar, and just keeps offering to send money via PayPal.