piisfish

Jetman back at it

shveddy

Someone better start selling these things to the general public.

To the actual general public? Or the skydiving public? At least all the YouTubers will give up on wanting to "do that flying squirrel thing off mountains" now and want to be Jetman instead :P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I'd love to know more about the technicalities of flying one of these things. The body positions in some of shots aren't smooth and sleek like someone flying a wingsuit; it doesn't look like how I'd imagine flying a wing to be, but seeing is believing.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

cpoxon

***Someone better start selling these things to the general public.

To the actual general public? Or the skydiving public? At least all the YouTubers will give up on wanting to "do that flying squirrel thing off mountains" now and want to be Jetman instead :P

I think realistically it would cost about as much as a luxury car and you'd have to jump it out of a helicopter/skyvan and buy an additional rig with big canopies and spring loaded pilot chutes and it looks like you need a decent amount of ground crew involved, so I don't think people will just be trying this stuff out and it wouldn't be difficult to implement whatever training standards make sense (I imagine a few thousand jumps and a lot of head down in the tunnel would be enough).

I'd wager that I'm like two or three percent of the way towards being qualified to do this safely and it's within the realm of possibility that I could save up enough cash.

That isn't saying much, but it's a whole lot better than the zero percent chance that I'll ever have the money or be qualified enough to fly a fighter jet, so I'll take what I can get :)

3mpire

What? No guns? Phooey...

Too close for guns, switching to hand combat B|

I'm thinking they could each trail a long streamer of different colors, and they dog-fight to try and snag a piece of the other guy's streamer in their hands. The flyer who lands with the most of the other guy's streamer, wins.