drichert10

PISA Hornet

I made 30-40 lumps on a 210 sqft hornet and it was fun to fly and was loaded 1.2:1 wing loading. The openings were usually quick but soft except for a hard opening. I pitched and instant opening but i have had far harder than that. It flies like a like a silhouette it has that thick rubbery zp fabric.

We answered your question on an earlier thread.

Please use the search thread next time this question comes up.

PISA Hornets are well-behaved, mid-range sport canopies with 9-cells and ZP fabric. Hornets compete directly with other mid-range canopies like Sabres, Safires and Pilots. Our school had four rental Hornet 190s and a few more Hornets of various sizes among sport jumpers. They all flew fine and I only had to reline them after many hundreds of jumps on Spectra suspension lines. Malfunctions and injuries were rare.

On 4/29/2022 at 4:49 PM, drichert10 said:

Does anyone know anything about a PISA Hornet flight characteristics? Thanks in advance.

Flies similar to a pilot. 

Quick recovery arc out of a dive or other input of speed. Trimmed relatively flat, more shallow glide ratio than a Sabre 2.

Opening can occasionally be on the hard side. People use to modify it to partially brace the nose, I think they called it an H-mod, unless I am making false memories MEL used to do this, and larger/pocketed sliders were also tried.

PISA made them with the "Gelvanor" tackly South African ZP, oversized brass slider grommets, and colored packing tabs. If you could find one in good shape I wouldn't hesitate to jump it if you aren't looking to learn high performance landings. They are great canopies, I wish I still had mine.