skyrick

What's your story about long wait times for a new canopy?

I ordered a custom Pilot 7 and Smart Reserve from Aerodyne on 8-31-21. I know about the supply lines, material shortages, etc, but this is a standard ZP canopy, not ZPX or UltraLPV. Still no gear. Has anyone else been experiencing delays like this, regardless of manufacturer?

Edited by skyrick
mis-spell

I ordered a brand new FULL COMPLETE rig from Aerodyne in Jan 2023. Its now MAR2024 (14months) and every time I inquire I get excuses and told just another month. At what point do you except you've been scammed out of $9300 and just move on?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahunnewell said:

I ordered a brand new FULL COMPLETE rig from Aerodyne in Jan 2023. Its now MAR2024 (14months) and every time I inquire I get excuses and told just another month. At what point do you except you've been scammed out of $9300 and just move on?

That sucks. You'll be ready to downsize by the time it gets delivered :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ahunnewell said:

Aerodyne is the only company that makes both canopies and containers. The lesson here is don’t put all your eggs in one ordering basket. One of the components is holding up the whole order. Tell them to ship what is completed and that you will fill the rest with another company’s product.

• Like 2

There is a canopy manufacturer which is making me a main in 10 weeks, but only because they already have enough of the material.  That same manufacturer claims PD is known for offering/bidding/paying premium prices to get fabric "diverted" to them instead of the original customer.  Color choices, and not just the type of fabric should be confirmed for the schedule impact when ordering, even if it has to be speculative.  

• Like 1