2 2
brenthutch

Progressives Panic at Twitter

I'll believe it when I see it with this whole buying Twitter thing. Could Musk find better use for his billions? I'm sure of it. But I have definitely seen a left wing bias against conservative views on that platform. Musk just wants Twitter to be unbiased, especially when it comes to the news being reported. 

At least Netflix has told its woke employees if they don't like the content Netflix has put on their platform, they can quit and work elsewhere. I applaud that. 

2 hours ago, BillyVance said:

... But I have definitely seen a left wing bias against conservative views on that platform...

I think you see what you want to see.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Twitter+conservative+bias&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS910US910&oq=Twitter+conservative+bias&aqs=chrome..69i57.7468j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

18 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Google is biased too. 

Try again. 

Did you look at any of the articles?

Or did you just believe what you want to believe?

A few quotes from a couple of the articles:

"Right-leaning news outlets ... see greater algorithmic amplification on Twitter compared to left-leaning news outlets," they wrote."

"And they did find that far more of the Republican accounts were banned than the Democratic ones. About 35 percent of the conservative accounts were banned in those six months, while only about 8 percent of the left-leaning accounts were banned.

It would be easy to simply interpret these results as genuine political bias on Twitter’s part, but the researchers took the time to dig deeper and found the problem wasn’t just being conservative — it was that conservatives were sharing much more misinformation than their more liberal counterparts."

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It would be easy to simply interpret these results as genuine political bias on Twitter’s part, but the researchers took the time to dig deeper and found the problem wasn’t just being conservative — it was that conservatives were sharing much more misinformation than their more liberal counterparts."

Hopefully Elon Musk will save the day and start banning facts as well as misinformation!  Only then can we force equality on Twitter.

10 hours ago, BillyVance said:

Google is biased too. 

Try again. 

So tell us a search engine that isn’t and we’ll find the same result using that one.

If it turns out they’re all biased well damn, what a great way you’ve found to be immune to opposing information.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

So tell us a search engine that isn’t and we’ll find the same result using that one.

If it turns out they’re all biased well damn, what a great way you’ve found to be immune to opposing information.

I like using Duckduckgo. They don't track your internet history with algorithms. 

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

If they succeed in collecting that $1B breakup fee, perhaps they could end the year with a profit! (The first since 2019).

I think they’re after a heck of a lot more than that.

38 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Yup, and the lawyering up is done for now. I wonder how high the fees will get. At least a hundred million I bet.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-just-hired-big-name-201844974.html

Thats the reason he is a billionaire and we are all still working. Well Joe isn't working but I digress.

Agreed purchase price $54.20 a share or $44 billion. Market cap today is $28 billion or $36.81 a share.

(edited)
On 7/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, Phil1111 said:

Thats the reason he is a billionaire and we are all still working. Well Joe isn't working but I digress.

Agreed purchase price $54.20 a share or $44 billion. Market cap today is $28 billion or $36.81 a share.

If I am the Twitter board I am suing Musk to complete the transaction. I think it would be a first for a company that did not seek a takeover is going to court to force a takeover.

In y opinion, Musk either got caught by Twitter calling his bluff, OR he had this planned out so he could liquidate a sizable portion of his Tesla stock without tanking the price.

If it is the second, the SEC should be investigating.

Edited by SkyDekker

6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

In my opinion, Musk either got caught by Twitter calling his bluff, OR he had this planned out so he could liquidate a sizable portion of his Tesla stock without tanking the price.

OR he is just an immature man-child who made an impulse purchase w/o rationally thinking it through.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Bloomberg intelligence is reporting that they think there is a 60% likelihood of twitter winning a trial. The most probable outcome is settlement with a agreement about $8 billion.

Also included: that Musk is on the first flight to Mars, and he never comes back.