2 2
brenthutch

Progressives Panic at Twitter

(edited)
45 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Right now you could make a 20% return if you believe Musk is going to close on the Twitter deal.

Money talks, bullshit walks. Or you could lose 30% if the deal fails and the price drops to where it was before he pumped it up.

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Or you could lose 30% if the deal fails and the price drops to where it was before he pumped it up.

Thank you captain obvious. A 20% risk premium is the market loudly signaling they do not believe this deal will close. Usually you would see this delta at 5% or less.

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Thank you captain obvious. A 20% risk premium is the market loudly signaling they do not believe this deal will close. Usually you would see this delta at 5% or less.

So, are you in for the gamble?

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Nope, I don't think the deal will close. Said early on this was a pump and dump. Personally I think the Twitter board called his bluff and he is in a bit of a bind now.

And that's what I thought as well. The world of finance is very far away from my experience. But there seems to be strong backing being lined up. If it were not for the current general tech market decline I would be more inclined to believe in the deal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-05/elon-musk-secures-7-2-billion-in-new-financing-for-twitter-deal

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

And that's what I thought as well. The world of finance is very far away from my experience. But there seems to be strong backing being lined up. If it were not for the current general tech market decline I would be more inclined to believe in the deal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-05/elon-musk-secures-7-2-billion-in-new-financing-for-twitter-deal

70 Million Trump lovers equals 140 Million +/- eyeballs. That's a lot of looks to sell to advertisers. 

19 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Nope, I don't think the deal will close. Said early on this was a pump and dump. Personally I think the Twitter board called his bluff and he is in a bit of a bind now.

Well then......you are looking better at predictions this morning.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/elon-musk-twitter-deal-on-hold-1.6451942

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

He needs to build a believable story for his backout, so it doesn't look so much like a pump & dump.

His argument is that there might be too many fake accounts. So the virtual "town square" that is so influential that it is hindering the right wing and needs to be protected at all costs, is made up of too many fake accounts......

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

His argument is that there might be too many fake accounts. So the virtual "town square" that is so influential that it is hindering the right wing and needs to be protected at all costs, is made up of too many fake accounts......

Yeah, that. And of course the fact that he over valued it and can't admit to an error.

Although it lists a start date back in February, I had not seen or heard of this before.
It popped up as an ad on FB.

Apparently Musk is going to finance his takeover of Twitter with his own crypto currency.

On the plus side, purchase 1000 'space ex coins' (right now, about $1400) and you get a flamethrower.
Really.

https://spacextoken-project.web.app/