2 2
brenthutch

Progressives Panic at Twitter

10 hours ago, mistercwood said:

For the exact same reason banks and other credit providers won't tell you precisely how you didn't meet their lending criteria, if your application is unsuccessful - it prevents people from learning what the actual criteria are and gaming the system.

I don’t think you understand. Brent has clearly stated that it must be a nefarious Democrat plot. The fact that Twitter’s stance makes perfect sense on its own merit is pure coincidence.

14 hours ago, mistercwood said:

It's what makes Musk's statement that he wants to make the algorithm open-source AND also combat bots/spam absolutely and completely laughable, the two actions are in direct conflict with each other. 

Right, because Musk is a rookie and couldn't possibly have considered this point in massive detail already ¬¬

34 minutes ago, metalslug said:

Right, because Musk is a rookie and couldn't possibly have considered this point in massive detail already ¬¬

Owning Twitter makes no business sense at all for Musk. It is a vanity project of epic proportions by a man who has become overly impressed with himself. Most likely he will run it into the ground because it is so far away from the engineering he is known for. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, metalslug said:

Musk has not shown much aptitude for considering things before he does them.  I can think of half a dozen examples.  He is brilliant - but doesn't have much impulse control.

12 hours ago, jakee said:

I don’t think you understand. Brent has clearly stated that it must be a nefarious Democrat plot. The fact that Twitter’s stance makes perfect sense on its own merit is pure coincidence.

Where did I “clearly” say that?

FYI Twitter now allows posts about legitimacy of  the Hunter Biden’s laptop and how trans women are actually biological males to go through 

8 hours ago, metalslug said:

He's a salesman. He considered that both of these things sound good to a broad field of people, and knew that (as demonstrated here) he could rely on people who believe his hype to defend him when others point out the painfully obvious conflict.

Elon is a smart guy. But he is not 1/10th as smart as his biggest fans make him out to be.

(edited)
9 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Where did I “clearly” say that?

FYI Twitter now allows posts about legitimacy of  the Hunter Biden’s laptop and how trans women are actually biological males to go through 

1) That’s what this entire stupid thread is about.

2) They allowed that before. 

Edited by jakee
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yes really. If you think that link has anything to do with Twitter blocking posts about the legitimacy of the Biden laptop then, once again, you haven't read a word of it.

So Twitter didn’t restrict the sharing of the HB laptop story?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

So Twitter didn’t restrict the sharing of the HB laptop story?

How did I know you were going to post that non-sequitur? Look, can we have just one conversation without you being a twisty dishonest game player?

Twitter allowed discussion of the legitimacy of the HB laptop. That doesn't mean they didn't restrict any stories about it. I could probably write a post about my pet dog that would violate Twitter rules and get restricted - that wouldn't mean Twitter doesn't allow discussions about dogs.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

AKA putting their thumb on the scales 

You posted an article about them restricting retweeting of an NYP story which broke their rules because it contained potentially hacked or stolen personal information and you have not provided any evidence that they have changed those rules.

Edited by jakee

Musk's $44 billion Twitter buyout challenged in shareholder lawsuit

In a complaint filed in Delaware Chancery Court, the Orlando Police Pension Fund said that under Delaware law Musk cannot complete the takeover until at least 2025 unless holders of two-thirds of shares not "owned" by him approved.

That's a shame.

On one hand, I don't mind seeing a rich fool pay a 15% premium (over market cap), on a company that hasn't turned a profit since 2019.

On the other hand seeing his buyout attempt fail, could also be satisfying.

14 hours ago, billvon said:

Conservative tears will be flowing freely tonight.  Just when they thought they had control over Twitter - it was snatched away from them.

Brent will be along again soon to lament the return of the nefarious Democrat algorithm, causing Twitter to behave….. exactly the same as it did last week.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, ryoder said:

On one hand, I don't mind seeing a rich fool pay a 15% premium (over market cap), on a company that hasn't turned a profit since 2019.

On the other hand seeing his buyout attempt fail, could also be satisfying.

So ... win-win!

• Like 1