Tuna-Salad

What whuffo questions annoy you the most?

I get a kick out of it when they ask; "What does it feel like when the parachute pulls you back up?" Then I respond that it doesn't, And I get stuck having to explain that the camera guy continued in Freefall and gives the illusion of being pulled back up.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

What's it feel like when ya 'got back up' when the 'chute opens? :ph34r:

I tell them it is a rush. Then wait for a second and say we have to be very careful we don't open them inside or we could be injured.B|:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

What's it feel like when ya 'got back up' when the 'chute opens? :ph34r:

I tell them it is a rush. Then wait for a second and say we have to be very careful we don't open them inside or we could be injured.B|:ph34r:

I was giving a talk in a High School once and told 'em that.

"...never wanna open it in the house, you'll go right through the roof!" :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

"Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane?" I think it's the natural state of human beings to speak first, and think later, or not at all. The irony I see is that people ask these things thinking that they're being original and clever.

I'm a tall guy at 6'8", and am an electrician in real life. Years ago we were doing a relighting job, I work for the Wichita Public Schools. I decided to start counting one evening when someone would say "You don't even need a ladder." I'd simply reply with a number, they'd generally ask "What's 81?" "You're the 81st person today who's informed me that I don't need a ladder." People also seem to think that I don't even realize that I'm taller than average. They very often feel the overwhelming need to inform me "You're tall." I'm not offended at all, it's just human nature to say stupid stuff.

On that topic, why is being tall about the only physical trait that people feel free to comment on? Is it because it's viewed as an asset, or advantage? Then why is it not equally acceptable to say to someone "You have huge boobs."

Oops sorry, that turned into a rant. Have a nice day all you short fucks especially those of you with big tits!
Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I'm a tall guy at 6'8", and am an electrician in real life. Years ago we were doing a relighting job. I decided to start counting one evening when someone would say "You don't even need a ladder."

So, how's the weather up there? ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. My last name is "Rich". The common "clever" response after an introduction is: "Well, are you?" I like your number system - maybe I'll use it.

Mine is the " Have you seen the wingsuits" ... like the JUST came out... Yes. I have seen them. Yes I want to try it.. No I wont do it anytime soon. Dont have enough jumps.. Maybe after 250.
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

People also seem to think that I don't even realize that I'm taller than average.

My favorite:
"You got a haircut!"
"Yeah, I know; I was there when it happened."

I always get...."You look really mean" from people.

I'm 6'4" with a fugly face... big nose, squinty eyes, Mr.Spock eyebrows, serial killer smile...

I always wanna say~ Yeah but I'm not, so fuck off you little piss-ant! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The one that annoys me the most is the "Why would someone jump out of a perfectly good plane?"

However, I consider the ones "What's it like?" and "Is it scary?" to be legitimate, non-annoying questions.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The one that annoys me the most is the "Why would someone jump out of a perfectly good plane?"

However, I consider the ones "What's it like?" and "Is it scary?" to be legitimate, non-annoying questions.

I've never met anyone who was able to answer the "what's it like" question...

and the "is it scary?" makes me think the asker has lost all form of common sense.. of course its scary..
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

>When can you call yourself a skydiver?

Whenever you like.

>Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane?

They get you higher than bridges do.

>Ever seen one of them suits with the wings?

Yep.

>What's it like?

It's like being in a wind tunnel, but with more freedom to fly around.

>What if the chute doesn't open?

You have two. If they both don't open you die.

>Is it scary?

Sometimes.

My favorite whuffo experience was an aquaintence of mine back in college, knowing full well I am an active skydiver, bypassed the questions and began telling me how he skydives too. He informed me he 'uses the snowboard things in the air.' When asked, he informed me he had 26 skydives and has video from a bunch of em. After 5 minutes of intense searching he was only able to find his tandem video...
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good plane?

The question isn't as annoying as the frequency with which it is asked. People need to think of more clever ways to ask the question so I can think of more clever answers.

My current answers to that are: "Have you seen the planes we jump out of? Who wouldn't?," "To escape from crying babies," and my favorite "Because there aren't any perfectly good cliffs in Florida."
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?