cocheese

The old AND bold skydiver list

So- If I'm watching Richard Pryor, did a cutaway on a round and am super hammered drunk, landed at night under a 24' reserve, and am totally awesome, under age "OLD AS STONE", TRYING TO SEPARATE MYSELF FROM THE 'REGULAR JUMPER', AND not BE A CREEPY OLD COOT WHO POSTS ON DORKZONE for gay therapy and gayness, what does that make me?????

TOTALLY FUCKInG aMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE ALL YOU FUCKERS WHO POST On DZ.DORKZONE Your BorINGBORINGNESS.COM

-SHAZZZAMMM!!

Your day care center called and your hall pass has expired….they want you back for nap time.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I guess I could be considered old and possibly bold. All except the last 50 or so of my jumps were with a chest reserve. When the Security was introduced I bought one and made my last jumps with that. The 26ft conical reserve was on the back above the main. I hand deployed my reserve a half dozen times, coming down under both canopies. Made only one emergency cutaway using the Security. Carlos Wallace and I went to a dude ranch in Texas to make some exhibition jumps. We made a dozen or so over the weekend - all free jumps. One of my jumps was from about 15,000 ft - 5 cutaways. I had my normal chest reserve and a different reserve affixed to each of the 2 D-rings. I held two helmet boxes that had 26ft conicles and Carlos was holding a third helment box. Carlos was behind me and we exited together. He threw out the box he was holding. I cut away from that, then I lost the 1st and 2nd I was holding and cut away from each of those. I then deployed the first attached chest reserve, cut away from it and then deployed the last attached reserve. I cut away from it at about 5,000 feet, pulled my main and rode it down. I was very active until Memorial Day 1966 when I made my last jump. I had a series of minor malfunctions - mostly line overs, blown panels and broken lines. I had 5 of these in my last 7 jumps, so I figured someone was trying to tell me something. I haven't been back to a DZ since then. I hit the ground, walked to the hut and took off my helmet, instruments and rig, gave them to Gus Anagnostis for the club, and walked off the field.
Cy Stapleton
[email protected]
www.hotlinecy.com

I guess I could be considered old and possibly bold. All except the last 50 or so of my jumps were with a chest reserve. When the Security was introduced I bought one and made my last jumps with that. The 26ft conical reserve was on the back above the main. I hand deployed my reserve a half dozen times, coming down under both canopies. Made only one emergency cutaway using the Security. Carlos Wallace and I went to a dude ranch in Texas to make some exhibition jumps. We made a dozen or so over the weekend - all free jumps. One of my jumps was from about 15,000 ft - 5 cutaways. I had my normal chest reserve and a different reserve affixed to each of the 2 D-rings. I held two helmet boxes that had 26ft conicles and Carlos was holding a third helment box. Carlos was behind me and we exited together. He threw out the box he was holding. I cut away from that, then I lost the 1st and 2nd I was holding and cut away from each of those. I then deployed the first attached chest reserve, cut away from it and then deployed the last attached reserve. I cut away from it at about 5,000 feet, pulled my main and rode it down. I was very active until Memorial Day 1966 when I made my last jump. I had a series of minor malfunctions - mostly line overs, blown panels and broken lines. I had 5 of these in my last 7 jumps, so I figured someone was trying to tell me something. I haven't been back to a DZ since then. I hit the ground, walked to the hut and took off my helmet, instruments and rig, gave them to Gus Anagnostis for the club, and walked off the field.

are you Burt LancasterB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Maybe myself B| : CSPA : A769, B1217, C878, D364, DB Cooper 0290, Muff bros. 2187, Freak Bros. 2115, US Pops 7927, Can SOS 39, SCR 9076, SCS 6694, gold wings, diamond wings, Canadian CX 367, Hall of fame 1190, Coach 1, Coach 2, IA, IB, LE, EA, dispatching more than 2000 S/L and IAD students, 34 different round and squares canopies jumped, have jumped at 82 different DZs, have jumped at 12 different states and countries, 45 different aircrafts jumped, private pilot Canada YZP296303, airplane landing at 59 different airports as a PIC, 4 different airplanes flown, 4 continuous rigger education certificates from the FAA and PIA, more than 1090 threads and posts on dropzone.com, hundred of articles translated from English to French, working for 5 CSPA committees as a translator, dozens of articles written in Skydiving Magazine, Blue Skies Magazine, Canpara, testing the MagBag, Canadian record 102 way FS, have jumped from 2 different jet planes, jumped from a hot air baloon, have jumped at 15 demo, have done 12 helicopter jumps ....and still alive.... I can barely believe it.:$

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

dave lepka! hes older than the student canopies and bold like a good cup of coffee! for realz though i would have to say john winkler aka wink our dropzones master rigger. he has some aweome stories of the glory days and has contributed a lot to the sport as i see it. hes also made me a mean closing loop on occasion but then again so has lepka so i think its a tie.
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

I had not seen this thread until last week, and although my name is mentioned, I am not sure I really qualify.

Many things I did were in a challenge to a dare, Maybe I should be on the stupidest skydiver thread, eh ??

It is almost impossible for me to not accept a dare. Its a challenge and I won't back down.

Almost cost me my life on more than a few occassions.

We've got Bill Harris here in Hawaii. He's going to be 82 in December. He's still active and makes at least 100 jumps a year. In his spare time he swims, does acrobatics on trampolines and flies gliders.

Who is the oldest boldest skydiver at your drop zone?

We've got Bill Harris here in Hawaii. He's going to be 82 in December. He's still active and makes at least 100 jumps a year. In his spare time he swims, does acrobatics on trampolines and flies gliders.

Who is the oldest boldest skydiver at your drop zone?

That dude is awesome.

Truly sad day for Skydive Elsinore crew. Jim Hickey was the most committed skydiver/base jumper that I've ever seen. I remember him trying to recruit jumpers to send a load on a low ceiling cloud day, just to get out at 1500 ft. Hickey made so many hop and pops go on a shitty day, he was the best non-official load organizer ever.

Soooooo fucking cliche to say this but, he really died what he loved doing the most. He was at Elsinore almost every weekend, rain or shine, back to back jumps.

BSBD Jim.
BSBD Eike.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Bob Roach
Jumped with South Dakota Skydivers.
Once exited a 182 while expanding the door when his belly-mount deployed as he put out static line students.
Had what for most would be a disabling stroke and came back to jump for 15 years after.
He gained a lot of weight, and blew up more canopies than most people have ever owned.
He would stall a canopy at 15-20' if it meant a dead-center.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.