Croc

Should D license requirements be changed?

Night dives are spectacular. I have 64 night dives and would do more except I only have one rig now.9 years ago I had two rigs and they had old sabre mains.If I chopped one of these,I could get another one fairly cheap and still had the second one to play on while the other was being replaced.The main I have now cost twice as much as the old sabres and if you chop at night chances are much better that you will never see that main again,unless it lands close by in a clear area.Oh by the way I just had reserve ride 61 recently.I have packed several thousand canopies with no mals(But there are those who have and those who will).All my mals were packed by someone else since most times I have to be on the turn with another student(and I'm too lazy to want to pack it my self).

So I think night dives are awsome, but they can be expensive.Make sure the spot is right and roll the dice.Your first night dive is unreal.You will be in awe.Have fun!

And what exactly is a "restricted D" restricted from doing?

That's in the SIM. I just read it today. :)
A restricted license has a number that ends in R, like D-12345R, and restricts the jumper from doing whatever license requirement he was unable to accomplish. Sounds like you really need a pretty good reason for getting a restricted license, like poor night vision to get out of night jumps, not just no desire to do night jumps.

Dave

And what exactly is a "restricted D" restricted from doing?

That's in the SIM. I just read it today. :)
A restricted license has a number that ends in R, like D-12345R, and restricts the jumper from doing whatever license requirement he was unable to accomplish.

And what exactly is that? Night jumps! BUT night jumps are permitted if the jumper is "B" qualified, so that's moot.

Sounds like you really need a pretty good reason for getting a restricted license, like poor night vision to get out of night jumps, not just no desire to do night jumps.

Dave

If anyone can find ANYTHING that a "D(R)" is not permitted to do that a regular "D" may do, please let us know.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You too have the "I did it so you have to do it" attitude.

I want you to do it just because you'll find it annoying.

I'm good like that.

I did it already, but I know what you mean.

Night dives are spectacular. I have 64 night dives and would do more except I only have one rig now.9 years ago I had two rigs and they had old sabre mains.If I chopped one of these,I could get another one fairly cheap and still had the second one to play on while the other was being replaced.The main I have now cost twice as much as the old sabres and if you chop at night chances are much better that you will never see that main again,unless it lands close by in a clear area.Oh by the way I just had reserve ride 61 recently.I have packed several thousand canopies with no mals(But there are those who have and those who will).All my mals were packed by someone else since most times I have to be on the turn with another student(and I'm too lazy to want to pack it my self).

So I think night dives are awsome, but they can be expensive.Make sure the spot is right and roll the dice.Your first night dive is unreal.You will be in awe.Have fun!

Just because they are fun does not imply that they should be mandatory.

Get the sand out of your pussy people. Night jumps happen every month everywhere.
When "grounds the limit" was near the ranch they would do night jumps to the morning. My first jump at the DZ was a night jump. I had never seen the place before. It made it a little more crazy. But not as crazy as one of the sportsman I was with got hit by a girl on her 2 Njump by not following the pattern at 20 feet. I think she broke her leg. My friend kept on flying and plf. He was fine. Then DZ was just standing watching her on the ground. Were like how about calling 911. Maybe getting her a jacket and some water. Then we went back to the hanger ate there pizza and stole their beer and headed back to the ranch. The good all days.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

Get the sand out of your pussy people.

;)

Yup!

I remember doing night accuracy competitions on round parachutes...Boo Hoo...can't 'see' good enough...here we'll park some cars CLOSER to the peas!:o:S:D

All ya gotta do is take 30 feet of Piano wire, tie a 10 pound weight to one end, loop the other end around yer balls....toss out the weight when ya open...when it quits hurting....:ph34r:FLARE!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Get the sand out of your pussy people. Night jumps happen every month everywhere.
When "grounds the limit" was near the ranch they would do night jumps to the morning. My first jump at the DZ was a night jump. I had never seen the place before. It made it a little more crazy. But not as crazy as one of the sportsman I was with got hit by a girl on her 2 Njump by not following the pattern at 20 feet. I think she broke her leg. My friend kept on flying and plf. He was fine. Then DZ was just standing watching her on the ground. Were like how about calling 911. Maybe getting her a jacket and some water. Then we went back to the hanger ate there pizza and stole their beer and headed back to the ranch. The good all days.

I bet you are a lot of fun at a party............on a chain.[:/]
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Just because they are fun does not imply that they should be mandatory.

Just because they are mandatory does not imply they can not be fun.

That is not a good reason for making them mandatory.

What may D-12345 do that D-12345R may not do?

If the answer is "nothing", then that is implicit admission by USPA that the night jump requirement is irrelevant.

So far I have not been able to find any privilege that a "D" licensee has that a restricted "D" licensee doesn't have too.

What may D-12345 do that D-12345R may not do?

Gee, I don't know..maybe pee standing up!:S

:)
LOL! This gets my vote for best post of the year!

:)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

And what exactly is that? Night jumps! BUT night jumps are permitted if the jumper is "B" qualified, so that's moot.

That was my point in my first post... It makes no sense that you can do them with a B license regardless of your night vision, but you suddenly can't do them when you get a restricted D.

But I do think that's the idea. It just makes no sense. What would you have to do to remove the restriction against night jumps? 2 night jumps? Of course! Then you've demonstrated that you can do night jumps so you deserve an unrestricted D license.

So you're exactly right.

The restriction should fall on the B license, removing the jumper's ability to be allowed to do night jumps in the first place. But it can't, since there is no B license requirement to be able to do night jumps.

Dave

I could care less about the D-lcense debate.I was simply reading the post by all the whiny little bitches on this issue because it amused me.Then I read the post by Lastchance about wanting to experience a night dive.I thought it was cool that a new skydiver was excited about making a night dive for the same reasons I had for making my first.The last thing on my mind was a D-license when I made my first one. I was thinking about how new and spectacular this experience might be,and it was better than I expected.If I still had a second rig I would do night dives more often.In fact I plan on making one on the 9th of next month,just to help the new guys get some night RW.From what I understand,you can get the night requirement waived for the restricted D anyway so why the debate?If you want the unristricted D then make the night hops,otherwise stop complaining.Its that simple.

I could care less about the D-lcense debate.I was simply reading the post by all the whiny little bitches on this issue because it amused me.Then I read the post by Lastchance about wanting to experience a night dive.I thought it was cool that a new skydiver was excited about making a night dive for the same reasons I had for making my first.The last thing on my mind was a D-license when I made my first one. I was thinking about how new and spectacular this experience might be,and it was better than I expected.If I still had a second rig I would do night dives more often.In fact I plan on making one on the 9th of next month,just to help the new guys get some night RW.From what I understand,you can get the night requirement waived for the restricted D anyway so why the debate?If you want the unristricted D then make the night hops,otherwise stop complaining.Its that simple.

So why are you participating in this thread, then?