2 2
billvon

Disney's betrayal of the right

If your getting your information about "da right wing ",watch Fox LOL

Bills perspective is not a wise choice.Of course he doesn't have any friends of right leaning, so a paranoid horror show of nightmares and TDS are a must. I recommend a good bm, but now I need one,page one post one.

"Where's all the anger coming from?"  lol Do you read what you write. It's a Parental rights bill, what are you so angry about? What is Disney so angry with parents about?

Florida's Parental Rights in Education law, which prohibits classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity for students in kindergarten through third grade.
  Parental Rights, if you want to oppose that, be my guest after the eye opener parents got during covid,I believe that's a hill you'll die on. Jerry also assumed it was  "not issue",stir in a little CRT and Youngkin wins Desantis and parents become your "enemies within".

Nobody on the right believes they will cancel Disney, that's simply absurd.They can't, so they're voting again.. this time with their dollars.
The blame lies in part to the new woke corporate structure of activist groups within, Sexuality and gender identity is of no concern to families entertainment ,unfortunately in a binary world you're with us or against.
Funny the activist group doesn't worry about the propaganda, material censorship when it comes to its markets in China.
 So grandpa decided on the Cayman's instead,and the Disney Plus subscription can be a casualty of inflation.As for the IRA why not cash out.I don't want an investment in any Corporation wanting to oppose a democratic law,.
 A good shaking out is needed sometimes. awake from the woke and perhaps to focus on the 93% of market they had taken for granted.
 Your a very smart man,I don't understand why you don't do simple searches that might contradict or perhaps sway you to a slight of differing of opinion.
Anyhow, this is the first I did.

Even your own party supports it.Your quote "why all the anger"? I despise chicken sandwiches too.

From the horse's mouth  The Executive Producers  

We trained them well.... LOL :52

Here are the others on the leaked agenda, it bleeds into the libs of tick tock and the groomer troup.

Insightful like when teachers talk about parents, when they don't know they're being heard.

Considering your moderator status and this subject matter, I don't understand why this isn't in the go woke/broke thread.

Instead of calling it the “don’t say gay” law, it’d probably be more accurate to call it the “don’t teach my children that saying faggot is wrong” law. It’s also wrong to teach children that the n-word is bad, that might embarrass their racist parents, and racists’ feeling trump everyone else’s.

Wendy P. 

• Like 3

Well, to be fair, the law says nothing about homosexuality.

It broadly specifies 'gender identity' and 'sexual orientation.'

It's CLEARLY targeting gays and trans, but it doesn't specify that.

Some folks have realized that and what it really means.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dont-say-gay-he-she-sabotage-teacher-letter-moms-for-liberty-florida_n_62489f02e4b0587dee6a3a1a

10 hours ago, richravizza said:

Bills perspective is not a wise choice.Of course he doesn't have any friends of right leaning, so a paranoid horror show of nightmares and TDS are a must.

My best friend from high school is a staunch Trump-supporting conservative.

You may be unable to conceive of being friends with someone who doesn't share your worldview, but believe me - it's possible.  You might have to discard some of your prejudices, though.

Do you read what you write. It's a Parental rights bill, what are you so angry about? 

?? I am talking about the people who now are so angry at Disney that they want to cancel it.  I do not want to cancel Disney.  Do you?

Nobody on the right believes they will cancel Disney, that's simply absurd.

They will likely fail, yes.  The right wants Disney cancelled because they won't be the bigots they yearn for - but honestly Disney is too big to be brought down in that way.  But the right wants very much to cripple them - as their calls for a boycott and the laws they are passing demonstrate.

Parental Rights, if you want to oppose that, be my guest after the eye opener parents got during covid.

I don't oppose parental rights.  I oppose laws that prevent teachers from teaching or even referencing genders.  That's what this law does.  "Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

So if Johnny wants to use the girl's bathroom?  The teacher is prohibited - BY LAW - from talking about that.  If the teacher says to use the boy's room, she is fired - if you go by the law.

Now, right wingers are going to say "that's silly!  Of course the teacher can tell him to use the boy's room."  That's because the real purpose of this bill is not to prohibit teaching gender standards - it is to prohibit teaching any other standard other than the straight/cis standard.

Of course, conservatives knew they couldn't get a law that actually says that past the Supreme Court, so they used dog whistles to tell conservatives "don't worry, we really mean that they just can't talk about anything gay."  Which is why "don't say gay" is a fairly accurate way to describe this law.

The blame lies in part to the new woke corporate structure of activist groups within

We heard exactly the same thing when TV shows started showing interracial couples.  When they started having gay characters.  We heard that "the evil activist corporate entertainment cabals are trying to ram black men down your DAUGHTER'S THROAT!  Do you really want your beautiful innocent daughter to end up with one of THEM?"  Back then, white men were terrified that black men would defile their daughters.  It was the worst thing they could imagine.

Those same men of today are terrified that their children will "go gay" - and that is the worst thing they can imagine.  So they are lashing out against Disney, formerly a beacon of right wing values.

So it's not only a bad law, since the right expects it to not be enforced the way it's written.  It's homophobic and targets gay/nonbinary/trans kids.

Considering your moderator status and this subject matter, I don't understand why this isn't in the go woke/broke thread.

I know you don't.  The more important question is - are you going to try?  Or are you just going to keep repeating the right wing propaganda that's been fed to you?

• Like 1

I can't wrap my head around the right wing celebrating Musk's potential takeover of Twitter as a triumph of free speech and the 1st amendment, even though the 1st Amendment never applied to Twitter. As well as, celebrating a state government punishing a company for expressing an opinion, which to me is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment.

Another example of the right really having no interest in the constitution or freedom or anything of that nature. All they care about is power for themselves and punishing those who are either not like them, or do not like them.

• Like 4

(edited)
4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, to be fair, the law says nothing about homosexuality.

It broadly specifies 'gender identity' and 'sexual orientation.'

It's CLEARLY targeting gays and trans, but it doesn't specify that.

Some folks have realized that and what it really means.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dont-say-gay-he-she-sabotage-teacher-letter-moms-for-liberty-florida_n_62489f02e4b0587dee6a3a1a

Yep. While the law is still awful, it's hilarious that in some senses it also makes into reality some of the worst nightmares of what the right think that 'the woke' want to force on them. They've literally made it illegal for schools to acknowledge that there are any differences between men and women.

Kids ask things, right? What's a married couple? Any two adults who want to be together, could be Adam and Eve, could be Adam and Steve, it's illegal to say they're not exactly the same thing. Steve might not even be a man anyway. Steve is just a name for an adult of indeterminate gender - which is every adult in Florida now at least as far as schools are concerned. Little Timmy wants to play Tinkerbelle in the school play? Of course he can, the drama teacher is not allowed to mention anything about his desire to wear a dress and makeup, just let the little drag artist roll with it. And bathrooms? Man, let alone not stopping them from using either one, you can't even tell them why there are two in the first place.

Edited by jakee

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

Yep. While the law is still awful, it's hilarious that in some senses it also makes into reality some of the worst nightmares of what the right think that 'the woke' want to force on them. They've literally made it illegal for schools to acknowledge that there are any differences between men and women.

Kids ask things, right? What's a married couple? Any two adults who want to be together, could be Adam and Eve, could be Adam and Steve, it's illegal to say they're not exactly the same thing. Steve might not even be a man anyway. Steve is just a name for an adult of indeterminate gender - which is every adult in Florida now at least as far as schools are concerned. Little Timmy wants to play Tinkerbelle in the school play? Of course he can, the drama teacher is not allowed to mention anything about his desire to wear a dress and makeup, just let the little drag artist roll with it. And bathrooms? Man, let alone not stopping them from using either one, you can't even tell them why there are two in the first place.

Hi Jakee,

Re:  Kids ask things, right?

When my son was about 5-10 days old, the wife was bathing him.  My 6-yr old daughter was watching.  When she asked, 'What is that?' my wife calmly explained it to her.  Some how, I doubt that this traumatized my daughter for the rest of her life.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

And still the right has not explained how Disney is "sexualizing kids" with "woke culture."  The conversations tend to go like this:

"Disney's woke culture perverts are shoving sexuality down kindergartener's throats!  THEY HAVE NO RIGHT!"

"Can you give an example of them doing that?"

"Well - have you seen Hunter Biden's laptop?  This scandal is NOT GOING AWAY!"

"What was on his laptop?"

"See, what's really important is what Disney is shoving down kid's throats!"

Their outrage machine only works as long as no one looks at it too closely.

20 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

When my son was about 5-10 days old, the wife was bathing him.  My 6-yr old daughter was watching.  When she asked, 'What is that?' my wife calming explained it to her.  Some how, I doubt that this traumatized my daughter for the rest of her life.

In fact, when you teach them such things early on, it becomes just another factoid about their body, no more upsetting or world-changing than how their liver works.

A while back our 7 year old asked about how his penis worked.   Amy explained its role in reproduction, how men and women were different, how fertilization happens etc.  At the end he still looked puzzled.  "No, I mean, where does the pee come from?"

But at least now he knows, and it wasn't traumatic or upsetting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

In fact, when you teach them such things early on, it becomes just another factoid about their body, no more upsetting or world-changing than how their liver works.

A while back our 7 year old asked about how his penis worked.   Amy explained its role in reproduction, how men and women were different, how fertilization happens etc.  At the end he still looked puzzled.  "No, I mean, where does the pee come from?"

Hi Bill,

Being curious is a very good thing.

We have survived for centuries by asking.

Jerry Baumchen

4 hours ago, billvon said:

A while back our 7 year old asked about how his penis worked... 

...  "No, I mean, where does the pee come from?"

I have no kids of my own, but I strongly encourage the kids I interact with to ask questions. Friend's kids, neighbor kids, relative's kids, ect.

One thing I learned a loooong time ago was to clarify what they are asking when an 'embarrassing' question arises.

In the case of your son's question, I would have said something to the effect of 'the penis does a few different things. What part of it working are you asking about?"

5 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

In the case of your son's question, I would have said something to the effect of 'the penis does a few different things. What part of it working are you asking about?"

The priority of its functions changes a lot from childhood to young adulthood to old age.

• Like 1

I can distinctly remember wondering how a guy just knew that he was going to ejaculate into a woman, and not pee. My heath teacher had a day when she’d ask each of us to write a question we were too embarrassed to ask out loud, and she’d answer them all. This was even done in split sessions (boys and girls), to even more increase the chance of honest questions. Even at the time, I thought that was good.

Wendy P. 

• Like 2