1 1
riggerrob

How do you get a plane wreck off a DZ?

dpreguy

Get over it and move on.
This is America t..

The wreckage is at Pitt Meadows Airport in Kanuckistan.
White guys are in the minority in this corner of Kanuckistan, so we pretend to care about other peoples' feelings.

I have been trying to "get over" this crash for the last 7 years.
A year afteer the crash, I complained to the DZO about too many "boys" pointing out where the wreckage lay in a farmer's field near CYPK.
When they moved the wreckage near the airport gate, I quit ... because I refused to look at the wreckage every day on my way to work.
4 years after the crash, lawyers started asking me questions about the crash. Lawyers love the wounded, the same way that Afghan drug lords love their tea boys. If the lawyers have their way, litigation will drag on for 8 or more years.
5 years after the crash I was formally diagnosed with Prolonged Traumatic Stress Disorder. I have attended a bunch of psychiatric counselling sessions sponsored by the Royal Canadian Legion.

Trust me!
I have been trying to "get over it" for the last 7 years, but seeing that wreckage makes my chest tighten up, blood pressure rise, etc.

Don't bother listening to [dpreguy]. People like that are usually failures and burdens on society which is why they try and pull the "I can do whatever I want cus Murica" card. The fact that he didn't bother reading enough to realize that "this" is indeed not America, and his blatantly overstepping and false statement that one "can do whatever they want" with land in the US are both testaments to his limited intelligence.

I wouldn't have responded either but saw you gave him the time of day, which was silly, get ready for a Budweiser fueled rant with the vocabulary of a middle schooler. Over and out.

Unstable

OK RiggerRob, here is a snapshot of the entrance to Skydive The City at Pitt Meadows Airport - I can't find the wreckage of which you speak - is it in this shot?

I posted earlier that I looked everywhere, even street view, and could not find it.

is this it?

twin engine, missing a tail, near an entrance, although not the skydive entrance I guess.

Has wingtip tanks. Some king airs did?

Street view does not quite go far enough to see that part of the facility.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Halleluyah!

A mere 12 years after I suggested removing it, that ugly, eye sore of an airplane wreck has finally disappearred from Pitt Meadows Airport.

This is after I suggested removing it a decade ago. I wrote letters to the owner, airport management, Pitt Meadows Town Council, Pitt Meadows Fire Department, Maple Ridge City Council, Transport Canada, Workmens' Compensation Board, etc. I even offered to buy a box of blades for PMFD's crash rescue saw.

This is a recurring theme in my life: I identify a problem and suggest a solution. Authorities tell me to "Shut the F' up! Because we are never going to do that."

Then a few months or years later, my solution is implemented."

Why do they waste time denying my suggestions????????????????????

• Like 1