SansSuit

Naked World Record

On Friday, June 19, the phenomenal jumpers at Skydance Skydiving in Davis, California claimed the WORLD SANSFormation* record with a 17-way naked speed star out of a Skyvan! Congratulations to all the new record holders!

*SANSFormation Skydiving Records recognize relative work records within the SANS community. A SANSFormation is accomplished when a group of naked SANS jumpers get together in freefall. See http://thesans.org/records.html
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

RiggerLee

17 way? No way is 17 a record.

Lee

I don't doubt that there have been bigger naked formations.

But a "Record" is a combination of the actual accomplishment, pre-declaration and documentation.

Look at some of the recently claimed "state records" that have been recorded since USPA started pushing them.

And keep in mind, due to the differing requirements to "claim" records at different levels, the Illinois state head down record is 142, while the World Record is 138.

Congrats Jeff. One more "Naked World Record" for you.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Let's not lose sight of this accomplishment! A 17-way is impressive. A 17-way where everyone is wearing an unfamiliar suit (birthday type) is even more so.

The key word in this is "SANSFormation". I have no doubt that there have been larger naked formations (see above) but this is the largest one to the SANS criteria, basically each jumper has to be, or become a SANS member.

The SANS is very loosely modeled after POPS. I'm sure the over 40 set made jumps together before POPS started recognizing them.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Crap. And all I have is the memory of a photo (never got a copy, and the one guy I know who had one had it stolen). And I'm way past the age of doing another one :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Crap. And all I have is the memory of a photo (never got a copy, and the one guy I know who had one had it stolen). And I'm way past the age of doing another one :)
Wendy P.

Memories are the best possessions, and notice the BASCR card is sexist anyway...