kilroywashere

Mounting Options for Bonehead Revolve 2 with Sony ASV 100 or Go Pro 4

I have Bonehead Revolve 2 which I love. I have a Sony ASV100 and thinking about getting a go pro 4. I tried to search but with not much luck on the best way to mount both the cameras and making it as snag free as possible. If possible I would like to side mount, because I usually open the face shield while under canopy. If anyone has any ideas and even pictures of what they have done would be awesome.

Cheers!

Bonehead makes a gopro mount that attaches to the visor portion of the helmet just in front of the ratchet release. it is not snag proof but nothing stopping you from modifying it yourself to be snag resistant

The easiest place to mount the sony would be the hinge plate on the left side plate of the helmet using the 3 screw holes. make up some sort of bracket to fit

The AS100 mounts very nicely on the right side, upside down (this is why the AS100 has a flip option in the menu). IMO, there is no comparison to difference in snag capability; the AS100 is my choice. It also has stabilization, which is the REASON it's my choice.
YMMV.