kuai43

Protrack question

I purchased a used Protrack ~3 years old. I want to clear all the previous settings/jump records and am trying to delete the logbook using instructions from the online manual, but it won't delete the entire logbook (as the manual says it should), but it will delete jump-by-jump. I just don't have time for that crap.

Anyone know what's possibly the problem?
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

kuai43

Anyone know what's possibly the problem?

You're not doing it right.

(Sorry for the smart-ass response, but really, how's anyone supposed to help diagnose the problem if you're not specific about what you tried to do?)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Without getting tediously specific, I followed the directions and the device didn't respond. I don't know if anyone's had the same problem.

Everything else worked as described in the manual.

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Here's the specific instructions from the manual. I did it several times.

No counting, no 2 beeps...

:)
I've bought used Protracks before and have not had that problem. If you're unable to troubleshoot online, I've found L&B to be pretty responsive to service requests sent via email as described on their repair page. Generally when I've had issues that can't be solved that way, they've asked me to mail the units in. In all cases I've gotten a working unit back from them in a few weeks, free of charge. (I've found that you do not have to be the original owner to take advantage of their service).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

:)
I've bought used Protracks before and have not had that problem. If you're unable to troubleshoot online, I've found L&B to be pretty responsive to service requests sent via email as described on their repair page. Generally when I've had issues that can't be solved that way, they've asked me to mail the units in. In all cases I've gotten a working unit back from them in a few weeks, free of charge. (I've found that you do not have to be the original owner to take advantage of their service).

I figured it out. Derrrp.
It's a gatekeeper protection. I understand they didn't want anyone to be able to delete all their records because they're just clicking shit, but DAMN, what a pain in the ass. I just had to read for content... you have to change all your 'warning altitudes' to "100" for the current 'memory bank' before you can execute the logbook delete sequence.
Again, derrp.

Got er done. :D