kanyewest

My neighbor's tandem accident

kanyewest

Is it normal for the skydiving company to be completely ignore any accident? Once she showed me the video and heard what happened, now I'm completely turned away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqkHlf9GFI

How does this happen? and how can I avoid this kind of malfunction? Just don't wanna die next week.

Yes, it is very common. The untold truth is that tandem passengers die nearly every day. It is almost always covered up in the vast "skydiver conspiracy". If you go to the DZ and do a jump it will almost certainly kill you. If you don't want to die stay away. No, RUN away as fast as you can. And don't let me see you before you get away. Both me and the boogie man are out for you now. You have been warned.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Unstable

i am just curious as to why this video only appeared now??? it is my understanding that this incident is over 7 years old. and it was not even at skydive Miami

Troll?

Lawyer?

What is the difference?

riggerrob

i am just curious as to why this video only appeared now??? it is my understanding that this incident is over 7 years old. and it was not even at skydive Miami

Troll?

Lawyer?

What is the difference?

Whether the statute of limitations has passed? :D:D:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

irishrigger

i am just curious as to why this video only appeared now??? it is my understanding that this incident is over 7 years old. and it was not even at skydive Miami!

It takes about 5 years average for a lawsuit to hit the defendant in court. This could probably be some trolling for information to use. Not sure what the statute of limitations is on these. Without a better view of the rest of the traffic area, DZ, etc and knowing relevant weather, etc it is impossible to know what happened with certainty. Natural phenomena, bad judgment, unavoidable accident due to unseen issues... lets face it not ours to judge at this point.

What WILL I say? well. Risky sport. Waiver I signed said even if the TI is "grossly negligent" I'm still unable to sue. I had to initial that. Twice.

I doubt the TI wanted to have an accident; so lets not be so quick. But I would reply to the question of "what could be done" with care... these boards are ripe for a lawyer on a fishing expedition.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

I'm assuming that the OP's use of the word "malfunction" means he is either a skydiver trolling, or someone who has already done some research.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

JohnnyMarko

****** Removed ShotterMG's text

Please do not ever show up to a drop zone again. Seriously. Stay away. Skydiving is not for you.

So glad the mods took that down. Even if it was a sarcasm post, that fuck could have destroyed a DZ >:(

The joys of living under the tyrrany of litigation. The land of the free?

Yeah, right.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

********* Removed ShotterMG's text

Please do not ever show up to a drop zone again. Seriously. Stay away. Skydiving is not for you.

So glad the mods took that down. Even if it was a sarcasm post, that fuck could have destroyed a DZ >:(

The joys of living under the tyrrany of litigation. The land of the free?

Yeah, right.

Is that supposed to be a stab at the USA?

"Ya fuckin spelt tyranny wrong ya cunt"

I think I hit a nerve! No need to be so touchy.

Stay cool guys. You must admit that you live in fear of being sued. Thats terrible. No freedom in that.

And the "nanny" state I live in has no problem asking people to accept responsibility for what they do, as well as accept subsequent consequences without the need to find someone to blame and sue to the nth degree.

At least we are not afraid to discuss incidents fully, and learn from them. Fear of litigation prevents a lot of that in the US.

I prefer our system.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

irishrigger

i am just curious as to why this video only appeared now??? it is my understanding that this incident is over 7 years old. and it was not even at skydive Miami!

It doesn't say Skydive , it says

Miami Skydiving

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

PhreeZone

This is an older video that seems to be drug back up by a troll on this site. The Tandem manufactures know all about this video and dealt with it a long time ago.

so why is it that the thread is still active ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

kanyewest

Is it normal for the skydiving company to be completely ignore any accident? Once she showed me the video and heard what happened, now I'm completely turned away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqkHlf9GFI

How does this happen? and how can I avoid this kind of malfunction? Just don't wanna die next week.

From trying to decipher the text I assume the OP was booked on a tandem and "she" gave him a link to the fence landing accident and was afraid something might go wrong.

Since the post was made Jun 24, 2015, 12:59 PM and the fact he mentions he doesn't wan't to die next week I assume he can write a report by now telling us if he survived or got surfed.

Oldie but goldie - Tandem Student Surfing:https://youtu.be/i_6XJ9BB6l4