format

Would you continue filming when seeing an accident?

It depends on what you mean.

If there had been an accident, would I run and get the camera and just video the aftermath? Probably not.

If I was filming and caught an accident? Absolutely - keep filming. Just don't be that guy who makes it a public snuff video.

I was assigned a month or so to film a couple swooper's runs for a competition, and happened to be filming when they hit the pond really hard (twice). The one thing I noted about that experience is that it took me 3-4 seconds to react to the fact that I had just filmed a sketchy incident before I was able to decide if I wanted to turn my camera off or not, and by then the incident had concluded.

it depends.
Would I be useful in helping on the accident scene ?
Is the filming useful or useless ?
Am I in the way for help/rescue ?

This is when you need to have a helmet cam and know where the camera is aiming. You can still bring back footage, and be in the middle of the action with 2 hands to help.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I would continue filming until it reaches a point where there is no educational or legal benefit. However, posting such a video publicly is a huge no no.

I see it as the same as having surveillance video of a crime being committed. It's the best form of evidence to explain why and how certain events occurred.

I've taken still pictures for evidence while investigating a fatality. Not a pleasant thing at all. It was back in the day of film cameras, and not my camera. The pictures turned out not to be needed and I'm pretty sure the camera owner destroyed those pictures. That's what I would do.

I've witnessed fatalities while my camera was rolling, and I kept it rolling. When called over to a fatality to ask questions, I took photos for evidence with my DSLR, to be given to the police. I still have the photos, in the event that they might be used for education. The videos of canopy collisions and impacts have been used (edited) for educational purposes, but they'll never be on the web.

Keep filming but don't share the footage with anyone except for investigating authorities or others with a personal connection who ask to see it.

I once filming an accident that left the jumper in a coma for a few days. When he woke up he had no memory of the incident and was very keen to find out further details about it. I sent him the footage I had and it really helped with his recovery, while it didn't answer all his questions it allowed him to mentally move on.

As I was inadvertantly filming with a helmet mounted camera it took me quite a while to remember I was still recording after the incident.

it depends, can I be of assistance in any way without the camera. If yes, then put it down and assist. if no, then I'd probably continue to film.
But most likely I'd drop my arms in shock and awe if it were violent and sudden.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?