4 4
brenthutch

Hunter Biden Laptop

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Two people said they shared an account with a child but NOBODY said they were an elected official

Ok - so according to you, every single person here could share an account with their kids but you would still claim it’s strange and unusual for Biden to do so because no one here is elected?

You guys never demanded the same burden of proof when the last administration was in office :/

You guys are apoplectic about the possibility that one of Biden’s family members used him to meet foreign officials. We have proof that Trump’s family members did that, we have the official photos of them in the fucking meetings.

“York Times on March 17 was political dynamite—the information on the laptop that veterans of the national security establishment claimed was Russian disinformation 

They never said that, Newsweek is lying. Isn’t that journalistic malpractice?

evidence of the Biden family's influence peddling abroad, that the senior Biden was aware of his son's activities and might well have profited from them.”

Put up or shut up.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I'd say one possibility is the Dems are more adept at covering their illegal activities.

Cool. Then if all else is equal it’s a plain choice between the competent and the incompetent. I wonder why you choose the side you do.

27 minutes ago, jakee said:

They never said that, Newsweek is lying. Isn’t that journalistic malpractice?

Right - but that bit of malpractice benefits the right.  So that turns from "journalistic malpractice" to "fair and balanced" because they are presenting both sides - the truth and the lies.  They report, you decide!  It's basically freedom personified!

Not clear to me why Hunter Biden should be of any interest since he has not served in any administration nor been convicted of a financial crime.

The Trump kids  Donny, Eric and Ivanka, OTOH, are banned by court order from operating a charity on account of stealing from their foundation.  The Trumps were fined $2 Million on account of this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kallend said:

Not clear to me why Hunter Biden should be of any interest since he has not served in any administration nor been convicted of a financial crime.

The Trump kids  Donny, Eric and Ivanka, OTOH, are banned by court order from operating a charity on account of stealing from their foundation.  The Trumps were fined $2 Million on account of this.

Surely you're joking, Mr. Kallend. It's called Rankism, the psychology behind putting others down to assuage your own sense of insecurity.

16 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Surely you're joking, Mr. Kallend. It's called Rankism, the psychology behind putting others down to assuage your own sense of insecurity.

AKA you’re used to the beam in your eye, but you can see and point out the more in the other guy’s

Wendy P. 

On 3/25/2022 at 12:00 PM, SkyDekker said:

I don't think it is a "coincidence" that Hunter's laptop is being brought back just as it comes out that a SC Justice's wife was planning an insurrection with the President's Chief of Staff. And that same SC Justice is the only Justice who voted against making materials available to the Jan 6th committee.

And that Trump's son claimed he was in control of the Jan 6th insurrection.

And that Trump's son in law gave a Saudi Arabia prince a pass on the torture, murder and dismemberment of a journalist - only to have said prince give him $2 billion.

Expect to see a lot more of this from the right:

laptop.jpg

38 minutes ago, billvon said:

And that Trump's son claimed he was in control of the Jan 6th insurrection.

And that Trump's son in law gave a Saudi Arabia prince a pass on the torture, murder and dismemberment of a journalist - only to have said prince give him $2 billion.

Expect to see a lot more of this from the right:

laptop.jpg

And that is why the NYT brought it up? 9_9

After all this blathering about this laptop story that has so many vague accusations I finally took the time to read what that known facts are. It comes down to this. The laptop appears to have a reasonably good chance of actually being Hunter's at one time. But not for certain. Two emails on it are the focus of all this talk. One thanks Hunter for giving an "opportunity to meet his father". The person in question could possible have been introduce to Joe when Joe briefly stopped into a formal dinner to say hello to an old friend and contact. Other than that there is absolutely no evidence of any meeting with Joe. None. Not while in office or afterward. None.  The other one concerns some kind of deal that Hunter appears to be setting up with a Chinese company where it seems that one of the principles was offering a share position to Joe. It is followed by another that seems to report that Joe responded with "an emphatic no". Joe was not an office holder at the time of these emails. 

This is the complete thing as far as I can tell. The way I see it there is so little here that most likely in my mind the HD did belong to Hunter at one time. Simply because if someone was going to go through the trouble of faking evidence they would have faked something scandal worthy. Which none of this is. While it does suggest that Hunter was trading on his family connection, he is not and has never been a politician or in public service and therefore has done nothing illegal. And Joe has handled himself in a manner that does not bring any dishonour at all.

The only story here is how the story was handled. And there was good reason for that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

After all this blathering about this laptop story that has so many vague accusations I finally took the time to read what that known facts are. It comes down to this. The laptop appears to have a reasonably good chance of actually being Hunter's at one time. But not for certain. Two emails on it are the focus of all this talk. One thanks Hunter for giving an "opportunity to meet his father". The person in question could possible have been introduce to Joe when Joe briefly stopped into a formal dinner to say hello to an old friend and contact. Other than that there is absolutely no evidence of any meeting with Joe. None. Not while in office or afterward. None.  The other one concerns some kind of deal that Hunter appears to be setting up with a Chinese company where it seems that one of the principles was offering a share position to Joe. It is followed by another that seems to report that Joe responded with "an emphatic no". Joe was not an office holder at the time of these emails. 

This is the complete thing as far as I can tell. The way I see it there is so little here that most likely in my mind the HD did belong to Hunter at one time. Simply because if someone was going to go through the trouble of faking evidence they would have faked something scandal worthy. Which none of this is. While it does suggest that Hunter was trading on his family connection, he is not and has never been a politician or in public service and therefore has done nothing illegal. And Joe has handled himself in a manner that does not bring any dishonour at all.

The only story here is how the story was handled. And there was good reason for that. 

But her emails!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, kallend said:

But her emails!!!!!!!

The paperwork she signed acknowledged that failure to adhere to security protocols would result in criminal sanctions to include imprisonment.

There are rather a few people who have drawn multi year sentences for less than that to which she freely admitted.  Of course, they were little, unimportant people.

It is oddly fitting that Trump was made the Grand Poobah of All Things 'Merican, given his track record of heading bankrupt organizations.  I'm reminded of Bernie Madoff noting, as he was led away in chains, "what are you mad at me for?  The U.S. Government is a Ponzi Scheme!"

It is my understanding that the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is that, while neither cares about other people, the sociopath will tell you so while the psychopath will pretend to care when it suits their purpose.  One may be better than another, but I lose track of which one it is.

People who actually support(ed) either Hillary or The Donald remind me of farmers who prefer horse or cow manure as fertilizer.  When all is said and done, it comes down to quite what kind of shit you can live with.

BSBD,

Winsor

18 hours ago, gowlerk said:

There is the issue of the “Big Guy” getting a cut of the action.  Joe might be fine but the BIG Guy might have some explaining to do.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

Finally! The smoking gun that Joe was making loads of money through Hunter's busine... oh wait, never mind.

"See?  He made LOTS OF MONEY from Hunter's business deals!  Proof he is a CRIMINAL!  Wait - what?  Say that again?  OK well ignore that,"

"See?  He lost LOTS OF MONEY on Hunter's business deals!  Proof he is a CRIMINAL!"

And repeat.

28 minutes ago, jakee said:

Finally! The smoking gun that Joe was making loads of money through Hunter's busine... oh wait, never mind.

Where did the Big Guy…uh…I mean Joe Biden find $800,000?   Oh, never mind, I found it.  
https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/hunter-biden-frequently-covered-family-expenses-texts-reveal/

I guess Joe saved a lot when he was VP.  Easy to do when third parties are paying your bills.