medic0079

This might just save someones life. how to deal with a double mal

towards the end I was almost certain I was going to read the . put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye advice :S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

If you are of a religious turn of mind, you may wish at this point to offer a prayer to a god, goddess, protective spirit or guardian angel. St Jude, the patron saint of Lost Causes, comes to mind. Objectively, this is not likely to help very much; but it may improve your emotional state. If you do not have any religious beliefs, or are for another reason unwilling to appeal to your patron deity, skip this step.

He might've accidentaly posted here instead of Bonfire/JOKE OF THE DAY :D
What goes around, comes later.

Yep. This has worked for me lots of times. Especially the terminal Mr. Bill part. Haven't broken a single arm yet.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Mythbusters proved pretty conclusively that a terminal impact on water is only marginally better than concrete. You're still gonna die either way. Also, hitting the ground at 120 mph or faster will at least be a quick way to go, and should be as reasonably painless as anything is likely to be. If anything, I'm pretty sure I don't want to risk surviving that landing and would probably go head down. The last thing to go through my mind would be my pelvis.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Remster

If anything, I'm pretty sure I don't want to risk surviving that landing and would probably go head down.

Fuck that. Keep fighting and pull handles/cables/pins/bridles/fabric till impact.

Fuckin A. I did get a good laugh tho. Who's gonna think about all that bullshit while trying to get something over your head. Fight til the end.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Remster

If anything, I'm pretty sure I don't want to risk surviving that landing and would probably go head down.

Fuck that. Keep fighting and pull handles/cables/pins/bridles/fabric till impact.

One of my instructors said to me once "Pull all the handles until something good happens." I like that mentality. Pull ALL the things!

stayhigh

no one knows the procedure to grab the grass anymore???

You have time to smoke a joint before you talk to god? :S

akarunway

***no one knows the procedure to grab the grass anymore???

you smoke prior to jumping, how are you gonna light one up in freefall? Shit is hard to light up under the canopy.

You grab grass when you impact so you don't die. The first impact doesn't kill you it just breaks the bones, it is the bounce that kills you because all those broken bones will impale your vital organs. That is why you grab grass right when you impact. If you do it right you don't bounce back up. Increasing your chance of survival by like 1000%. True story.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

After looking at the illustrations, I'd say the first step should be to avoid jumping from an aircraft wearing a daysack.

Put on some kind of parachute rig, preferably with a chest strap (which you're going to need for your terminal Mr Bill), and actual leg straps (unlike the... I dunno, parathong... shown in the last picture).

MikeJD

After looking at the illustrations, I'd say the first step should be to avoid jumping from an aircraft wearing a daysack.

Put on some kind of parachute rig, preferably with a chest strap (which you're going to need for your terminal Mr Bill), and actual leg straps (unlike the... I dunno, parathong... shown in the last picture).

I'm totally looking for one of those on Paragear, now!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

stayhigh

******no one knows the procedure to grab the grass anymore???

you smoke prior to jumping, how are you gonna light one up in freefall? Shit is hard to light up under the canopy.

You grab grass when you impact so you don't die. The first impact doesn't kill you it just breaks the bones, it is the bounce that kills you because all those broken bones will impale your vital organs. That is why you grab grass right when you impact. If you do it right you don't bounce back up. Increasing your chance of survival by like 1000%. True story. Well in SoCal there is just dirt. I prefer a unopened beer can in each hand. Kinda works like those hydro cushions you see on the interstates sometimes. Well there is a lotta grass here. It's just in my friends garage. ;)