tsalnukt

head down record????

How about for those that don't want to use facebook for any and all new and information??

And for those that don't have a facebook account?

Remember when most of the prevalent skydiving conversations used to happen on this skydiving forum??

Out of interest, has the guy who deliberately fucked up a head down record attempt in the US a couple of years back (skeleton jump suit, "Bones" or something) been invited to participate? Or is he blacklisted?

Good luck to all with the record attempt.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

flying_phish

My god that's a lot of G3's. I can't pick out a single helmet that I can say for sure is not a G3

and gopro's I.can't pick out a single camera that's not a gopro;)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging. :D

Either that or removing the camera will so impact their equilibrium that they're better off keeping them on for the record as it will encourage balanced flying. ;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

tsalnukt

How about for those that don't want to use facebook for any and all new and information??

And for those that don't have a facebook account?

Remember when most of the prevalent skydiving conversations used to happen on this skydiving forum??

What's the objection with facebook? If you have security concerns...

you can sign up with an alias e-mail account, use whatever made up name you want, control who - if anyone - can see the fake information you use, and you can choose not to post anything at all and simply use it as an inbound-only information source.

Also, unlike dz.com and other internet portals, you can choose what information you want on your wall (like the gazillion skydiving info pages) so updates from a variety of YOUR chosen skydiving stuff is waiting for you when you want to see it.

I'm an old dinosaur and yet I find facebook to be the easiest and most convenient way to filter my incoming/outgoing information and the easiest way to communicate individually or en mass.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

NWFlyer

It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

You could do much better by feeding those videos through Microsoft's Hyperlapse algorithm. Instead of taking every 10th frame from a single source, as they do in the demo, you'd use frames from different cameras with similar orientation. Then, by changing the frame input order, you could create a virtual camera that's free to travel throughout the entire formation.

mxk

***It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

You could do much better by feeding those videos through Microsoft's Hyperlapse algorithm. Instead of taking every 10th frame from a single source, as they do in the demo, you'd use frames from different cameras with similar orientation. Then, by changing the frame input order, you could create a virtual camera that's free to travel throughout the entire formation.

Oops, sorry, I forgot to turn on the sarcasm font. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

******It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

Why did you even bother with it. It reads like petty jealousy, even though you dont freefly.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

*********It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

Why did you even bother with it. It reads like petty jealousy, even though you dont freefly.

Aw, shucks, Squeak, it's been so long since you got up in my grill. I've missed it so. And if you read that as petty jealousy, methinks you might be projecting. I'm cheering heartily all my friends who are participating in this record, as I have friends who've done other records and competitions. :)

NWFlyer

************It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

Aw, shucks, Squeak, it's been so long since you got up in my grill. I've missed it so. And if you read that as petty jealousy, methinks you might be projecting. I'm cheering heartily all my friends who are participating in this record, as I have friends who've done other records and competitions. :)
Also I would hardly say Im up in your grill:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***************It is critically important for head down woeld records that each participant provide a view of the record from his or her individual vantage point. This is then stitched together using photo editing software to provide the official picture for judging.

Also I would hardly say Im up in your grill:S

You have a tendency to get uppity at the slightest bit of sarcasm.

:S

nolhtairt

You have a tendency to get uppity at the slightest bit of sarcasm.

:S

What can I say, I'm an adult, and tend to conduct myself accordingly. Most sarcasm (especially on the internet) is condescending and insulting and really not something that should be applauded.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?