MartinRobichaud

What do you say to someone before a jump?

"If" you're the instructor/jumpmaster to the student you say,"Remember!!!!!!!!, It's your primary responsibility and job on this jump......."To!"......."MAKE 'ME' LOOK GOOD!!!!!!!!"

Got that....Turkeys???

Turkeys......."Gobble,Gobble" some skydiver squawkins' from the early 70's!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Di0

- Don't FUCK UP!

There were two times I heard this... right before I got on the place and right when I got into the door. Lightened me up ever time and was thankful for it. Know your audience though.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

keithbar

surprising nobody's posted this yet. but if I'm last solo in front of the load of tandems I always use the Patrick Swayze quote " SEE YOU IN HELL Johnny" :P

If I had a dollar for every time someone said that to me, I wouldn't have had to be a packer to afford jumping.

As I find myself loading the planes more often than loading INTO them, I mix the low-fives and fist bumps with a carefully concocted special blend of "Have a good one"'s, "Yeah buddy"'s, and "Have a great jump"'s. The frequency of each combination is mathematically calculated using the latest space-age algorithms to maximize effectiveness and minimize fatigue and perception of repetition. when performed skillfully, it goes smooth - Like Carstairs.

when my students were climbing of the Cessna with their pilot chute in my hand and they look back at me all wild-eyed and stressed, I always liked to look them in the eye, then make my eyes glow bright red and say (in that Exorcist voice) "You're going to die!", then quickly flip back to my normal self and say, "OK Give me a nice arch now....GO!"

skymama

I say, "I love you", but that's because I'm usually jumping with Normiss. You might ruffle a few feathers if you say that to people, so I'd stick with , "have fun!".

Careful who you say that to during a "Rainbow Skydivers" Boogie. You might wake up with a peter-puffer!
Hah!
Hah!

Di0

- Don't FUCK UP!

Lol, heard a visualization seminar a couple weeks ago and the presenter mentioned how he really hates that one.

Since he personally really doesn't want to fuck up on skydives he never found it amusing.

He proposed if it is outside your group keeping it to a simple, 'Have fun' or 'Have a great jump', and very little more than that even within your group

Our team took that away, seems to give everyone a nice positive vibe right before exit, while not interfering with someone who might be focused on "not fucking up"

When doing an equipment check on my first jump students I'd instruct them to "turn your head and cough". That always got a laugh and they were a little less tense going aloft.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!