Joellercoaster

Silly skydiving injuries

Our C-206 has only an outside bar you can hold onto. When preparing for one of my first jumps from a C-208 Caravan, I grabbed the inside bar instead. At first the correct, palm-up way. Then I re-gripped, like I do on an outside bar: palm-down. I was focused on the exit and didn't think much about this. Until the GO, when my right hand got stuck between the bar and the door for a split of a second. Fortunatelly I got away with a smashed finger nail and a lesson learned.

I fell off the mock up, one foot landed in a small divot, I went over (in full kit) and sprained my ankle.

On my first jump course we were in the hanger having a look at the plane and one student asked the instructor why we wore helmets. Perfectly on cue another student wasn't looking where he was going and walked smack into the wing of the plane. Instructor smiled and looked at student number one and replied "that's why"

icklecf

I fell off the mock up, one foot landed in a small divot, I went over (in full kit) and sprained my ankle.

I saw a national 4-way team member do exactly this once - although it wasn't falling off, it was an exit :D

My wife fell down the stairs from the DZ cafe. Didn't spill her coffee, did sprain her ankle.

Oh, and a friend got his hand caught in the bar inside the plane and failed to exit... was left dangling on the outside until someone noticed and freed him. His fingers looked pretty sore afterwards.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I've got a new one. Happened to me recently.

It was very hot out so I was only wearing boxer shorts under my jump suit. Normally I wear compression shorts. But I brainlocked in the morning and just threw on boxer shorts with a fly (no button. this is important in the error chain)

I was in the middle of telling a very funny story, and to emphasize a particular bit, I unzipped my suit very quickly with much force.

The old saying "if you leave the barn door open the horse might escape" applies here.

Let's just say the horse had decided to stick it's nose out of the barn door, which then got zipped and trapped by the zipper.

Extremely painful.

Zipper head had fully stuck itself on some pinched skin. Backing that thing out helped me understand the pain of child birth.

The lessons in this sport have been learned by pioneers that sacrificed life and limb. Let this be a lesson to future generations that a zipper-dick malfunction is completely avoidable.

Stay safe out there.

:P

I was Jumping 2 weeks ago and right after sticking the most graceful landing i rolled up my canopy and started walking back, I had to step over a little bush and when i put my foot down my knee gave out and I tore my ACL. Need surgery now and will be out 6-12 months hahaha WTF!!!