REDAKTOR

Ukranian basejumper here

Dear base jumping community!

I'm a basejumper from Ukraine. We've probably met on some exits, or during some awesome jumping events all over the world. I'm calling out to you because basejumpers(well, most of them anyway) are those types that have their critical thinking tuned in and understand what shit is real and what is not. russian fascists are into a full scale invasion of Ukraine, and since their "brilliant" blitzkrieg has failed, they are now onto casual warfare, with air raids, shelling, ballistic and cruise missiles that target everything, including civilian population. It's fucking genocide. Lots of pics and video online. Problem is, russian population is drowned in propaganda, and is cut off from any reliable source of actual information. More than that, they just don't want to believe. So, only direct actions that affect them will brake the spell and force their brains to start critical thinking.

So, I am asking you, the community, to deny all access to basejumping events, transport to exit points, and any and all assistance for basejumps to russians. The whole world is already denying everything to them, even FAI and the skydiving community is issuing a total ban for them. I'm not even mentioning casual sports which threw russians out of every international sport league and event there is.

BD
(no blue sky over Ukraine, only black death)

Sincerely yours, on break (rotation) from the front line,

base # 1506

• Like 2

stay safe.  rpg's and law's can take out a track more easily than destroy a tank.  aim for the wheels and tracks with those type of weapons.  insurgents are extremely hard to defend against.  concertina wire and barbed wire make great obstacles.  if you can get a copy of fm 5-34 it has all sorts of illustrations and formulas for how much explosives to use, what type, and where to put it on different things to blow them up.  how to create obstacles and defensive positions as well.  i found out i can't put a link to it since it has restricted distribution, but it is all over the internet.  if i were 20 years younger i'd be over there helping on the ground.  be careful.  glory to ukraine.

• Like 1

Dear REDAKTOR,

Glad to hear from you.

Which corner of Ukraine do you jump in?

Which corner of Ukraine do you live in?

Have Russian soldiers driven through your town?

Have you handed them sunflower seeds? Hah! Hah!

Please tell us more details from "the man on the street."

P.S. Most Canadians think the current invasion is silly, stupid, reckless, etc.

3 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Which corner of Ukraine do you jump in?

DZ Boro mostly. Also Chayka, 5 Ocean, Mayskoe. Sometimes Korotich.

Which corner of Ukraine do you live in?

Kyiv. I'm here now.

Have Russian soldiers driven through your town?

Yes. We've killed quite a lot of them, but there are still more.

Have you handed them sunflower seeds? Hah! Hah!

They're good with portable antitanks, small arms, and even molotovs. Hah Hah.

4 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Please tell us more details from "the man on the street."

5800+ dead russian troops, 900+ in custody. Would you like to hear about lost armor and aircraft?

4 hours ago, riggerrob said:

P.S. Most Canadians think the current invasion is silly, stupid, reckless, etc.

Most Canadians think that you are stupid. Just stupid.

(edited)
On 3/1/2022 at 5:03 AM, REDAKTOR said:

So, I am asking you, the community, to deny all access to basejumping events, transport to exit points, and any and all assistance for basejumps to russians.

base # 1506

Can't agree with that. AFAIK Yuri I, a well-known and uber-competent WS flyer, is Russian and I doubt that he has anything to do with Putin's megalomania.

BASE #93

Edited by kleggo

We need to distinguish between Russians who fled the USSR a long time ago, versus those who still live in Russia and support Mr. Poutine.

I have taught and rigged for several Russians who immigrated to Canada 20 or 30 years ago. They are the wiser group.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, riggerrob said:

We need to distinguish between Russians who fled the USSR a long time ago, versus those who still live in Russia and support Mr. Poutine.

I have taught and rigged for several Russians who immigrated to Canada 20 or 30 years ago. They are the wiser group.

Absolutely. You can't hold someones origins against them, even in extreme cases. For example, I know several base jumpers and freeflyers that became skydivers and they are the most wonderful peeps.

• Like 2

never had poutine. 

as for holding someone's origins against them, no, it shouldn't happen.  i hope it doesn't in this case as well, yet recalling how asians were treated during ww2 and muslims after 9/11, i have little hope it will be any better.  the only thing that gives me any hope at all is that a lot of folks are in bed with russians politically now. (trying to avoid getting this thread moved to sc)